Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

a Michigan Noob

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Been up since 3am,worked all day.4pm when i got home from work,Neighbor says "wanna get it now"? OK i said.Sooooo she's home now and i will start in the AM! I'll have to learn how to put a you tube vid up to show some smokey burnouts LOL

Joe, I will say this, without seeing any videos, I can imagine you working all night to install the rear end! Way to go bud!

i will also support Pro's offer to start his own YouTube channel. I can not wait to see what program format he comes up with!

Couldnt talk the wife into taking a vid of me testing the car out LOL But rest assured i represented the forum very well today up and down the street! 2 stripes 100 plus feet at a time! So now i have to figure out how to go straight.the one wheel peel wonder went perfectly straight but the 2 wheel wonder wants to fish tail.Thats not good.I do not want to take out someone close to me.Anyone know a place to start looking for answers? My test runs are at a 15mph WOT aiming straight down the road.I refuse to do "brake torques" keep in mind everything suspension wise is new.No wheel hop at all.i also have the A-body frame braces.I have noticed others posi launches seem to make the cars rear end go right or left but im not sure why.would a sticky 1/8 or 1/4 mile track make a difference? I am going to Lapeer (1/8mile) and Milan (1/4) this summer and i dont want to embarrass myself anymore than i usually do LOL 

These will be going in next summer,or if i get really really bored possibly this summer.both are 6 way power reclining for the mrs.I want to have them done in the same material and pattern as the ones in the car now.Minus the GTO insignia.100 bucks for the full set front and back,if i get 50 for the rears i'm happy! Why can i not load pics all of a sudden? anyways they are 2004 GTO bucket seats.coming apart at the seams in a couple places but i couldnt pass them up for the price.

• 1 month later...

Sweet! Is it the real deal?

Joe,,for you rear wheel issue, you might be expeiencing what leaf spring guys call axle wrap. As torque is applied, the rear end wants to wander. The leaf springs actually start to bend into an "S" shape. Now you have a factory 4 link. Bad bushing could allow the upper control arms to slip a little. You've got a reproduction rear sway bar, right? Edelbrock and some other have kits that allow you to control this with adjustable upper control arms and you can use these to tweak your pinion angle too.

Of course we have coil springs instead of leafs???  Still the same prob.  I kept the ladder bars and the Heavy pass side spring on the GTO's rearend.  Drifts slightly.... straightens out N hooks by 20ft.  Polyurethane bushings will tighten up stock setup as well.  I used the rubber that came with the rearend kit instead of upgrading. My $$$ tree died.

That was a test pic.I wish it was mine.No sway bar but everything is new, poly bushings.I do have a 1inch sway bar coming Monday so I will see what happens.Wanted to post some pics but...

The sway bar will make a huge difference! I was amazed how much better Lucy handled after I installed mine.

• 1 year later...