Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

a Michigan Noob

Better than bustin your A til the night before, then realize your not gonna make it. At least I had the Sunbird to fall back on.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Joe, I am truly impressed in what you've accomplished. You should be really proud of the work you are doing. Reminds me of Project Automotive Archaeology I did this past winter with my buddy's '68 Impala.

OK - I got some questions for you.

1. Did you upgrade the steering box to a quicker ratio like I suggested or is it the stock steering box?

2. New sway bar huh? Is it a F-body WS6 sway bar like I suggested? How big is it?

3. Did you get a rear stock sway bar and lower control arm kit for the back?

4. Are you going to two tone the grills, black in the middle and silver/chrome on the outside? That's my preference anyway.

5. Did you go stock rubber bushings or urethane bushings?

6. Are we going to see you out on Woodward - even it is in the family minivan?

PT2014 huh? We may need to talk. A buddy wants me to do it next year too. Its on my bucket list too.

Joe, I am truly impressed in what you've accomplished. You should be really proud of the work you are doing. Reminds me of Project Automotive Archaeology I did this past winter with my buddy's '68 Impala.

OK - I got some questions for you.

1. Did you upgrade the steering box to a quicker ratio like I suggested or is it the stock steering box?

2. New sway bar huh? Is it a F-body WS6 sway bar like I suggested? How big is it?

3. Did you get a rear stock sway bar and lower control arm kit for the back?

4. Are you going to two tone the grills, black in the middle and silver/chrome on the outside? That's my preference anyway.

5. Did you go stock rubber bushings or urethane bushings?

6. Are we going to see you out on Woodward - even it is in the family minivan?

PT2014 huh? We may need to talk. A buddy wants me to do it next year too. Its on my bucket list too. 1,Steering gear box is the original,works for now lol 2,it is the one you recommended,40.00 off CL i just painted it,(can of new paint,actually chassis saver) it is an 1 1/4 bar. 3,when i get to the back of the car i will upgrade for sure. 4,Probably All Black with just the chrome edgeing 5,poly bushings on all except the sway bars will be rubber 6, HELLYEA!!!!

No problem. That front sway bar will wok wonders and it is waaaayyy cheaper than a Hotchkis or Global West set-up. You can pick up used Chevelle, Lemans/GTO, Cutlass/442, or Skylark/GS rear boxed lower control arms and sway bars on CL/eBay and they will fit. So add that to your parts list. You will also want to replace all the bushings in both the rear upper and lower control arms, so add that to your budget as well. Stock rear sway bar is 7/8. Biggest factory piece is 1 " from a Chevelle. You can get them from the aftermarket as well for about $150 though. I have not found them out on CL/eBay though. Still scrounging the sway meets for it though.

Here is some a brain jogger suggestion for you on the grill. Chrome and black are cool, but if you add a flat or semi-gloss black to the mix, it helps break it up and make it stand out. My idea would be to paint the normal egg crate and the edges up to the chrome gloss black. Paint the long vertical line and 1/4 to 1/2 edge trime (next to the egg crate) flat or semi-gloss and see what happens with the gloss and chrome. Also what about painting the Pontiac logo Hemi or hugger orange or a bright red? Again, something subtle and slightly non-traditional but no so far off that it could have come from the factory that way. Something to consider and perhaps experiment with. Try Photoshopping/Paint it first.

I really hate technology..LOL anyways i picked up the fender wells and as i was leaving i commented to the Sandblaster guy on some bike parts laying there,he has a powder coater that showed up as i was there.said he would do the fender wells and the core support in satin black for 60.00! Sooooo i dont have any before and after blasting pics of the wheel wells but i'll have some done ones in a day or 2 lol

Do you need to weld up your mounting points before powdercoating the core? Guy did a great job and good price on the powdercoating.

You will definitely need to give me the names of these places for future references. I think JUSTA, notallthere, and I will want to know these vendors !

Yes i will have to fix the core support first,thats the plan.i can barely see a round circle where the old mounts sat.so when i get the new mounts i can line them up and patch accordingly.Frosty,The Sand blaster is Mark at masterblaster in New Hudson MI (248)437-6960 the powder coater is in Fenton Mi,superior powder coating 922 grant st (810)-433-3386

Anyone have any ideas on how to clean the condenser?or radiator? Think i'll take the radiator to my Dads,he has a soda blaster..cant find any info on the inna web about doing this......i bought the rad used a couple years ago and its a 4core.figuired i would experiment on that first lol Frosty/steve etc..guess i may call Bills collison tomorrow see what they do (they used to recore etc..)

Anyone have any ideas on how to clean the condenser?or radiator? Think i'll take the radiator to my Dads,he has a soda blaster..cant find any info on the inna web about doing this......i bought the rad used a couple years ago and its a 4core.figuired i would experiment on that first lol Frosty/steve etc..guess i may call Bills collison tomorrow see what they do (they used to recore etc..)

Joe, I would take them to a radiator shop. Have them clean them internally and externally. If the radiator (at least) has any issues, they will flow and pressure test it for you too. If the radiator is bad, they will tell you that. My local radiator shop also happens to do AC repair. Most radiator shops I know will also paint it for you.

Note to self,close one eye.. my7yvasy.jpg

Time for safety glasses? Nah, what the hell am I thinking here? Never mind....we're men. We don't need no stinking safety glasses.

zenumava.jpg

Wife brought out homemade zucchini bread...all work will stop for now lol

You got that right !!!!! Yum! Yum!!!

Nice work on the patch! Whats the other side look like? As long as you have one hole to line up correctly. I'd wait til your ready to assemble before cutting your hole. To make sure your in proper location. Since the rad is used I agree with frosty on taking it in. Even if you clean and rinse well, you might have plugged tubes. Sorry, extra money not counted on, but worth it in the long run. Condenser should be fine inside. Unless you have bent fins. They make a "comb" type tool that straightens these, Plug holes and spray with a good wheel cleaner, rinse to bring back shine. This is the one from the car and you know its good right?

Steve,yea the condenser is fine.Ghost yea move this thread to the progression area.Thanks! Frosty,safety glasses wont help my finger LOL (i always wear those,and usually wear kevlar gloves as well)