Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

a Michigan Noob

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

With the shock out,the jaws slip up through the bottom.the threaded shaft goes through the top shock mount.

Sent from my ouiji board using black magic

lmao, My antique set has 2 sets of arms on the threaded shaft, turn the nut and spread em apart, then insert throught the bottom and hook to the spring. turning the bolt compresses the two arms together. Be careful N good luck.

CopyofGTOSquare1043_zps75b96ca7.jpg

Joe, you scare the hell out of me sometimes! Call NPD in Livonia. They should have OER replacement ball joint if you can't find them elsewhere locally. In project Automotive Archeology, when we replaced the ball joints but we had to enlarge the holes since the original rivet holes were not the same size as the replacement bolts. This was not a big deal, but you might need to do that depending on the hardware you get. Grind off the tops of the rivets with a grinder (don't grind the A-arm in the process) and then use a power hammer or chisel to drive the rest of the rivet out. We used a step drill bit to enlarge the hole.

Like I said, my kit came with the wrong one. Mazza's had the right Moog replacement. Take your old one to match. Early 70's they made the change, but still have the same part# in some replacement brands. You might luck out anyway with the correct one because of your year. 66 A bod's take the small.

I bought the complete front end rebuild kit for the Chevelle all at once from NPD. How is the rest of the bushings etc on the car?

I bought the complete front end rebuild kit for the Chevelle all at once from NPD. How is the rest of the bushings etc on the car?

This is crazy. To reply with a quote I've been having to post then go back and edit in what I wanted to say. Now I can't even do that.

Was lookin forward to seeing you this weekend and maybe a new NAME the member contest pic. LOL

Gold card? I was hoping that they would name one of their first born children after me.

Guess the member they still have not gotten the first one right.

Yes working as a gigolo you never get any rest.

I am changing all the bushings,ill price it out though.i just don't want cheap,Chinese front end parts.just home from inline tube,all

The brake lines have the exact same bends as the ones I took off!very impressed.the fuel lines are still on the car but since the body is staying on ill have to cut those anyways...

Replace all the rubber hose too, including the one between the gas tank and the hard line that runs along the frame. Mine was still original and hard and brittle as hell. The late Pontiac historian and engineer John Sawruk was right to warn us about replacing all OEM hose with new hose. It could have led to something disasterous.

Not the fun times. This is all the grunt work nobody will ever see, but you'll know. Inline is awesome, as soon as you walk to the parts counter. Ya know they got whatcha need.

Plus even if you were doing a 100 point restoration, they make modern hose with the correct GM stampings on it. Inline is great. The only thing I have currently from them is a custom length emergency brake cable, when I went from a 350TH to a 400TH, the stock e-brake cable was now too short since I had to move the transmission cross member back. Still, Inline is top notch stuff.

As JUSTA6 says, people may not know its there, but you will and peace of mind and safety are worth a lot!

Yea I'm doing a concourse restoration but I do like to do things as best as I can.

Spent alot of today assembling this thing lol

Had to take the neighbor boys dog to the crematorium this am,died in his arms last night.then drove to HF to pick this up

post-1672-137101134513_thumb.jpg

Almost had it finished and a buddy needed a hand so about 10 of us moved a big hot tub.

Didn't get home till 10pm... Always tomorrow lol

Nice blast cabinet. I hope you got some sleep.

BTW - When do you hope to have the Lemans back together?