Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

a Michigan Noob

The wrong booster was sent with my complete (BS) disc conversion kit for the GTO. I ended up replacing with the correct size over the counter booster for 160.00. Been a couple years and if you keep it polished, mine still has it's shine. Plus a warranty. Scheduled my shoulder surgery today for July 12th. Had my right side done a LIL over a year ago. ICE will be your best friend the next couple months JOE. Stick to your P/Therapy. No way I could install a new clutch in the Sunbird right now. So it looks like this is the 1st year it will stay in the garage. I hope to have the GTO probs straightened out so I at least have a driver this summer. Carb is still screwin up.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Back to the same OLD..... will not enter my text on a quoted reply. Will throw in my good arm if ya need A hand Joe. LOL

So Joe, you coming next Saturday, to least look at some old and rust parts in the swap meet?

Yea ill be there.i was working in the garage last night lol

I can't sit still,now I have to.... My fault though post-1672-137010566606_thumb.jpg

Sent from my ouiji board using black magic

Once I heal Steve I can do the work for you.you can supervise,have some Sam Adams when were DONE working lol

KNEE???? I thought it was your shoulder. The HC gang was talkin about the power tour a couple months ago when you mentioned your surgery. LMAO was thinkin if you had a good left arm, I'd toss in a good right one. Hope your back on your feet soon bro.

Lol I haven't had any surgery other than this knee. I don't recall who had shoulder surgery.lol

You were talkin about makin the PT while you were laid up. Have no idea how I came up with shoulder. Misery LOVES company I guess.

That really sucks all the way around Joe! Looking forward to meeting you at the Dust Off. I will be running around the place and working it since I am part of the organizing committee. JUSTA6 can track me down though, he has my cell number too. My Lemans convertible will be there as well. Anything in particular you looking for?

At this point,not sure lol

Trying to track some clips and fasteners that won't rust.

Kinda an update

The evap case is getting cleaned..post-1672-137036626861_thumb.jpg

Going to leave the original color.

Air filter asm is back from powder coating

post-1672-13703664044_thumb.jpg

To this,yea it should be chrome top but..... Lol

post-1672-137036648923_thumb.jpg.

Blower motor worked fine,I don't trust reman units so some new part in a can

post-1672-13703677339_thumb.jpg

post-1672-137036775258_thumb.jpg

Some people call it chassis saver lol

9 monthrs I've had this can

post-1672-137036786017_thumb.jpg

Trick to keeping it is puncture 2 holes in top( I'm on to sides now) then pour what ya need then dab some silicone on the holes to seal it back up

Ok I just tried something. A product called santeen.i put a rusty crappy bolt in a little jar.after 15 mins I pulled this out. I like it,rinse with water when done it has hydrochloric acid in it.post-1672-137037393881_thumb.jpg

post-1672-137037395911_thumb.jpg

post-1672-137037399994_thumb.jpg

You can see the head marking on the bolt now! And the bolt is blackened

Time will tell how it holds up but with a lite coat of oil it may last?

Thats awesome! Wish I would have known that one while building the GTO. Countless hours with nuts/bolts on the wire wheel. Didn't have fingerprints for most of the build. :lol2:

Did a batch in rustmort.this leaves a better finish I think

post-1672-137039486658_thumb.jpg

Didn't know there was a copper washer when I started lol

post-1672-137039497454_thumb.jpg

I'm sure you know it already, but when installing the heater core. Pack the outside edges of the core with foam to force all air through the heater core. Makes a huge difference in the heater when you need it this fall.

Joe - looking great. You are making great progress. The air cleaner looks good. You can get the chrome lid too BTW, they are re-poped - just not cheap. I was lucky with the Lemans. Mine came with the chrome lid and I turned around bought the black one so I could mount the engine decal on it. Meaning I have both now. I usually show the black so people know I have a 455 in it. They often don't pay attention to the rockers to tell them that.

I wouldn't mind finding another air cleaner assembly so I can air brush it. I have a set of Pontiac valve covers that I've painted to match the color of the car and I eventually want to true flame them in "blue flame". Since I moved, I don't have a shop to airbrush (or wrench) in right now. Makes things kinda tough.

Scott Tiemann told me that a car restoriation project is the sum of a lot of little restoration projects all done right. Keep going !!!!

Joe, here is the link to the my airbrush thread (this is also why I can talk to people about automotive paint and prep). Once you get to page 4, you will see the valve covers in primer and paint. I am still waiting to find time (and now a place) to blue flame them. I will bring the Pontiac Indian head with me to the Dust Off.

http://foreverpontiac.com/topic/3199-frostys-airbrush-art-work/

Oh and there is no real secret. I just took airbrush classes taught at my local high school every week for 2 nights a week for a year and then just continued doing it. I wish I could play with it right now but I've had some set backs (like a new house with no man cave to speak of).