• Welcome!

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, full of great ideas for Pontiac performance, maintenance, or for peer-to-peer assistance from Professional and DIY mechanics. Also, compete in our Pontiac monthly competitions. Please register if you'd like to take part.

indymanjoe

a Michigan Noob

Last Indian    32

Joe, it looks like you've done a really great job on the Lemans!

A little input about the traction/rear end issue that might help. The issue you’re seeing is somewhat common with racing/burnouts/very hard acceleration. I raced for years and I would see two problems with GM axles at the track. The first was the issue your speaking of, posi’s don't like burnouts! That’s not their purpose, If you keep doing burnouts you won’t have posi long and the rear end will just revert to an open rear end. A blue printered open rear end will out perform a posi under those conditions and if you setup the suspension right it will lay down two patches of rubber! Without going all technical on you or worse yet hearing the “you’re full of it” go do a little investigating and see what 700 hp NASCAR cars run or top dragsters run. If you like I can give you some ideas to improve the suspension to help, but as long as you run the posi it's going to torque steer till the posi breaks!

• Like 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

JUSTA6    236

Great shot of you and the biker chick!!! :D  Hope your feeling better after the big bang.

• Like 1

Frosty    457
On 7/11/2017 at 5:06 PM, indymanjoe said:

82d31cf14020ddbbb69e688808ae04e7.jpg
0e29c3664fc53b052f783456f3804df6.jpg
No car updates and this is why lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You found another way to disturb the peace Joe, besides late night, early morning burn outs? Awesome!

• Like 1