Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

a Michigan Noob

Looks good. I understand finding more things to do before you can finally get it put together, so you won't have to take it apart later. Always something else. Gettin soooo close.

I Just have to be patient.double check everything.Hard not to "rush" to get it done.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I hate that feeling of. I want to put it back together and play but there's so much I could still do. If you rush youll screw something up. If you don't youll never finish haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Not much of an update,spent all day yesterday trying to install the mini starter.wires too short,Shit broke another terminal LOL sooo i added some length (soldered in some off an old harness i had,get to keep the colors the same!) I can drop the starter,unhook the wires easily,reinstall etc.Not sure how much i added,maybe 8ish inches? But the important thing to me is i can likly do this on the side of the road IF i have to now.Headers and 7qt oil pan are no longer an issue! Thanks Frosty! Pics are with yellow wire,not needed..

post-1672-0-80990600-1400551711_thumb.jp

post-1672-0-12765400-1400551749_thumb.jp

post-1672-0-41411600-1400551843_thumb.jp

Looks real good Joe. Glad I can help a brother out. Did you have to index the starter at all? Did you re-use the stock starter bolts or use the ones that came with the starter?

You know that Justa, notallthere, and I want to see this beast fired up pretty darn soon. Almost as much as you do.

The original starter bolts are too long,used the ones in the kit.And yes i did have to clock/index the mini starter differently than it came.

That sure is one fine lookin rad N shroud!!!! I can use the new spacer with my clutch fan...IF, i can find studs instead of bolts. Still haven't had time to start on the Sunbird (other than charge the battery) Bet your happy for the long weekend...geter done.

Great pic....something's miss though.....I can't put my finger on it though.

Where did you and JUSTA take the picture?

comeback inn,tuesday show.i think i know whats missing..lol

Won his very 1st award!!! I was there.... :dancingpontiac: Awesome dinner place/and a cruise night. Comeback INN is Bakers LIL brother. :lol2: Same owner. Definately a meetup night, when Joe is back on the road.

• 3 weeks later...

Well its time for an update..Had to get Baffled valve covers.leaked like a stuck pig outta the breathers like i knew it would..I bought the cheaper Moroso Chrome valve covers,baffled.Installed a pcv valve in the pass side breather and no more leaks.(oil anyways).Pisses me off i get to advertise for moroso without any cash from them.I will never understand people "advertiseing" for anyone without getting reimbursed.Today i had to change a leaky new Master cylinder...really? Pissed me off because brake fluid will ruin the gold plating on my new power booster..

post-1672-0-21807900-1402620638_thumb.jp

post-1672-0-60060100-1402620806_thumb.jp

front end is all bolted on and aligned for now.Luxury Lemans got the front valance in chrome.Mine was in piss poor shape chrome flaking off etc..I SAND blasted this and spraybombed it black.Good enough for me.

post-1672-0-31251100-1402621661_thumb.jp

post-1672-0-42854200-1402621721_thumb.jp

3 Inch exhaust front to back,barely notice it.Monty does great work.If i ever stick this car in a swamp,ditch.It can be winched out hooked up to the exhaust sytem no problem LOL The miloden 7qt oil pan is 1/2 inch above the front frame crossmember.hard to tell in pics.I went with "raptor" mufflers...first thing wife said was....Too quiet LOL i agree but its done.It does have that PONTIAC sound Note though.Electric cutouts are in the future sooooo,we can fix the quiet.

post-1672-0-61426700-1402622587_thumb.jp

post-1672-0-10975600-1402622985_thumb.jp

Been wondering where Monty's at. He has made many exhaust for me. And all this time he's been hiding right down the road from me. LOL Looks good Joe.

Joe - I'm bringing my camera tomorrow to check it out. I can't wait to see your bad ass ride....and the preverbial FP photo op!

• 3 weeks later...

I've been meaning to do this for awhile now but the boy's baseball schedule has kept me busy. Here are pictures of Indymanjoe's ride. a '72 Luxury Lemans, as it appeared at the Widetracker's 26th Annual Spring Dustoff 2 weeks ago. it was truly a pleasure to see it there, running, doing a danger drive and all. Clearly the mechanical systems are done, the body cosmetics will be worked on next according to Joe.

Danger Drive - noun - slang - test driving a new or rebuilt automobile for the first time, listen for noises, and testing all vehicles systems to insure they work properly or identify ones that aren't.

IMG_8633_zps34aece78.jpg

IMG_8634_zps09a199f0.jpg

IMG_8637_zpse4097541.jpg

IMG_8635_zpsa28618df.jpg

Note the Hurst His/Hers Dual gate shifter in the console. Need to fill that missing hole in the Formula steering wheel Joe!

IMG_8636_zps789d2dad.jpg