Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

a Michigan Noob

Holy crap! you are a lucky man! Im ruling out cinder blocks.heard many horror storys about that happening.Im going to put the 14inch rims with no tires on,then i shouldnt have to lift the body so high to clear the wheels.(works in my head) Not sure yet how to brace it though,a buddy is outta town at the moment so i may wait till he gets home monday as he has some heavy duty truck jack stands i can borrow for awhile.I also have his cherry picker as well lol.OR if i get antsy i may buy some from harbor frieght and just give them to my buddy when im done.He does big truck repair and IF i ever need them again im sure i could borrow them lol Plus he gets the fun of storing them as well LOL

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

You need two 10ft 4X4's or nail 2 10ft 2X4s together. You will also need a 4ft 4X4 (Fits between the framerails) to lift the body. Spread the weight out as much as possable, or you will bend your floorpan. Then lift till you can fit the 4X4s between the frame and body. Can't see how your gonna get under it with a jack sittin on rims.?? Dropping the body back on will the hard part. Was easiest to get the back one lined up with new bushings. Didn't have pin point control lowering and the front ones were off about an inch. Screwed with it soooo many times, finally MIGHTY MOUSE grabs the fire wall and picked it up and moved it over by myself. Letting it down ripped out 4 tendons in my right shoulder. When I say I've put my heart N soul into my GTO...I'm not lying. Always have help N be careful BRO.

ddaaaaammmmmmmnnnnn! JUSTA6. you good? car good? good work indymanjoe. and no, i dont think she will notice. but jus in case, keep half of it in the shade.

well i have it high enough to work on and all seems well so far...I did have it high enough to pull the chassis out but it seemed unstable.After seeing Steve's car on its side im happy where mine is at this point LOL

post-1672-0-96142000-1378167687_thumb.jp

post-1672-0-10048900-1378167810_thumb.jp

Calling inline tube in the AM and order the body mounts,2 vapor lines,brake line to the rear,rear controll arm bushings...I think thats it for now....Steve,i jacked the front frame high enough to slip the cherry picker under,If i wasnt such a P***y the frame would be out LOL

Joe, I am happy to see you are taking your time and thinking this through. Safety first. Yeah, I can see what JUSTA did and it goes to show that sometimes he can serve as a "bad example" too. LOL!!! Sorry JUSTA - you know I gotta' kid ya'. Just based on the the photo of the rear driver's side wheel well, I see a lot of POR-15 or Chassis Saver paint in your frame's near future.

Did you go to NPD and get that front end hardware kit yet? Or are you going to wait until after you get the frame off and cleaned up and start assembling everything

...and as always, if you need photographs of my car, let me know.

Calling inline tube in the AM and order the body mounts,2 vapor lines,brake line to the rear,rear controll arm bushings...I think thats it for now....Steve,i jacked the front frame high enough to slip the cherry picker under,If i wasnt such a P***y the frame would be out LOL

Thats an aweful lotta weight on a cherry picker. BE CAREFULLLL.

Pizza and beer for about a dozen buddies does wonders and its cheaper than renting a lift - for the lift. The trick is you have to feed them after the work is done - not before. Do it on a Sunday, tell them it beats watching the Lions.

Kinda at a standstill,need another cherry picker,buddy let me borrow his truck stands today.also picked up some MOON from the same guy LOL Stuff is awesome,maybe if i drink enough i can be like Justa and do it all by myself LOL.

post-1672-0-56621100-1378343891_thumb.jp

post-1672-0-63228500-1378344878_thumb.jp

Pizza and beer for about a dozen buddies does wonders and its cheaper than renting a lift - for the lift. The trick is you have to feed them after the work is done - not before. Do it on a Sunday, tell them it beats watching the Lions.

not all of us are likeable enough to count a dozen people who'd lift a finger for us .. never mind a car body. Heck, I couldn't get enough to carry my coffin unless some folks decide to come along just to make sure they bury me deep enough to not sprout again.

Are you going to paint your frame while its naked?? Or just replace your body mounts? If your justa replacing the body mounts it only has to come up 3 in. Drop in new mounts then the body only needs to be 1/2in or so above mounts to start the bolts.

Like the idea of liquid encouragement!! Don't quite understand how your gonna lift with pickers. Need a photogapher??? This could be priceless, barring someone getting hurt. LOL I CAN hold the duct tape in case of emergency too.

Kinda at a standstill,need another cherry picker,buddy let me borrow his truck stands today.also picked up some MOON from the same guy LOL Stuff is awesome,maybe if i drink enough i can be like Justa and do it all by myself LOL.

Careful with that MOON ol' son. Enough of that stuff will make you think you are smarter than Tickle on Moonshiners. That ain't a good thing.

Like the idea of liquid encouragement!! Don't quite understand how your gonna lift with pickers. Need a photogapher??? This could be priceless, barring someone getting hurt. LOL I CAN hold the duct tape in case of emergency too.

This could be priceless, barring someone getting hurt...then its hilarious!!!!

Almost on par with "Hold ma' beer. Watch this!"

Have a wedding this sat to go to...poor poor guy.Me,cant work on the car LOL Steve come by Sunday,i have alot of duct tape LOL

LOL I have an anniversary party SAT. and a family get together Sunday. My frame project was totally unplanned. Found out thurs the car was junk. Was told by the bodyshop manager the body was too far gone as well. Get it outta here. Asked if I had a frame there Monday AM when he opened, would he drop my body on the new frame?. Since it was already on the rig. He said, IF you have a frame here Monday, I'll do it for free. If your not here when I open, I'll have it towed. OOOOOHH A challenge HUH?? I left my house Sat @ 5 AM after finding a donor. Had to completely strip a complete car in a barn in Saleen. Right down to all the glass and doors, drivetrain, front clip and wiring. Fought like a banshee over the dash harness as it had all missing light sockets I had been looking for. Was home by 2:30pm! and had my frame out by 6pm!. Body was on my trailer by 8pm/dark. Stayed up all night sanding/blasting painting and by 3pm Sunday, it was in paint. Showed up at the shop @ 8AM with a new PAINTED frame. Shop owner still calls me Houdini. LOL

Guess my longwinded point is, I was in the middle of an unexpected clusterfuck and using unsafe materials. Take your time N be safe bro. You'll be fine. This is the only way I know to get your frame in/out. I had to go a LIL higher than you will to clear my trailor.

CopyofGTOSquare1023_zps41edaf7f.jpg