Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

a Michigan Noob

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I have no room to store the Lemans at my house, so I have to put it back into the storage facility that I rent space for it. I can drive it in and out as often as I want, it's just a pain in the butt every time I do it.

Joe is correct, I am definitely doing Golling and Sellars plus the Rod Run and Doo Wop in Charleston in early October. I ran into some Widetrackers at the Davison Cruise Friday night. I have just not had a lot of time to do much this year with the boy's baseball season being as crazy as it has been. Back to the Bricks and Woodward was the first the car was out this summer since Memorial Day. It sucks for sure.

Today I finally found the time to fix the core support.ended up putting it back on the car marking everything and taking measurements.

Done and done!

I tooks some pictures for you. Here they are - I am not entire sure what you are looking for. This is a combination of passenger and driver side photos. I hope this helps.

100_4898_zps6825d229.jpg

100_4895_zps04bf7209.jpg

100_4894_zpscf27b9d8.jpg

Underneath looking up

100_4893_zps8c2a01db.jpg

100_4891_zps54fb9a99.jpg

Passenger side frame rail

100_4890_zps9166051d.jpg

Driver’s side core support

100_4889_zpsb508cbad.jpg

I have no room to store the Lemans at my house, so I have to put it back into the storage facility that I rent space for it. I can drive it in and out as often as I want, it's just a pain in the butt every time I do it.

Joe is correct, I am definitely doing Golling and Sellars plus the Rod Run and Doo Wop in Charleston in early October. I ran into some Widetrackers at the Davison Cruise Friday night. I have just not had a lot of time to do much this year with the boy's baseball season being as crazy as it has been. Back to the Bricks and Woodward was the first the car was out this summer since Memorial Day. It sucks for sure.

This summer sucked. Surgery's with the wife N I. GTO made the dustoff, spent over 3 weeks at the muffler shop. Couple of nice Cruises down Woodward before the DC. Didn't..... MOVE the Sunbird, splash the boat, start the dirtbike, or even make it up to my cabin this summer, :slap: Hope to make Golling and a couple cruise nights before putting the GTO away. :pontiac:

I have not committed to it yet, but I am giving some consideration to the Shelby Lions charity show at the old Packard Proving Grounds on Sept 15th (its a Sunda so no interference with college football in AA).

I am thinking I might drive up to Frankenmuth on Sunday morning to look at the cars and be a spectator. Football prevents me from being in the show. If you guys are interested, we could meet somewhere along I-75 for breakfast.

There's only one place to meet for breakfast.....TONY'S. Couldn't leave hungry if you wanted too. You will still leave with a doggie bag. Will pass this year. Has anyone heard anything about this show?

http://www.biggestsalemichigan.com/blank.html

Haven't paid this much to enter a show since the ISCA days. Never heard a thing about it. Found it yesterday. To be held at the THE MALL or Summit place for the younger crowd.

Or this one I've always wanted to attend. Small show, awesome awards, I always forget about it and the wife drags me to the sale. At least I have something to do/check out, while she's spending $$

Clarkston First congregational Church Labor Day Fair & Car Show Date: 9/2/2013
Labor Day Fair, Monday Sept. 2, 2013. First Congregational Church, 5449 Clarkston Rd.,Clarkston,MI 48348(north of DTE Energy Theater/Pine Knob)phone 248.394.0200. Details;car show(starts at 9am) includes trophies(3:00pm)/dash plaques/door prizes/goodie bag items. Labor Day Fair 9am-4pm includes,garage sale,midway,kids activities, antiques, food, auctions, pony rides and more. www.FirstCongregationalChurch.org

I parted out a lemans a few years ago and in the backseat was a brand new rear valance with the cutouts for the exhaust.The guy i bought my Lemans from used to tow it with a chain hooked up to the rear frame crossmember,to move it around the barn.So as a result he bent the hell out of that crossmember.I wasnt able to install the valance due to the damage.now that the gas tank is out i straightened it all up using a come along strapped to the rear axle gear housing.wish i had pics lol,once i start i can't stop lol.Heres a before and after.72 had a plastic valance with no cutouts,71 was steel with the cutouts.Seems my 72 is slowly becoming a 71....

post-1672-0-44716700-1377459683_thumb.jp

post-1672-0-88138500-1377460161_thumb.jp

'72 is correct with no cut outs for the Lemans. GTOs had the cut outs. When I first got my Lemans back in the 90s, it had a plastic no cutouts valance because that was all that was available and it eventually cracked. Fortunately, you can get reproduction sheet metal versions now. Which is what I did. So if this is too far gone for you too salvage, you can get the correct re-popped metal. For a long time, the cut out version was the only one available in metal but now that's changed.

You can see there are not cut outs from this photo from this weekend when I was rotating the tires. The exhaust exits behind the rear tires.

100_4899_zpse339d759.jpg

Your car, your call. If the part is in good shape, no sense in letting it go to waste and spending money you don't need to (since it also impacts how you run your exhaust) unless you are doing a concurs style restoration.

I wish. That's what the electric start, 6-forward, 2-reverse speeds, dual-stage auger, 4-stroke, Briggs-Stratton powered snowblower is for. It works harder than he does.

Gas tank was SANDBLASTED lol at MASTER BLASTER in new hudson,then i primed and painted.tomorrow i will glass bead blast the tank straps and paint black.I am seriously considering pulling the body off now,i cant find a good place to run the fuel lines(safe place) lol i would like to paint the frame also....F**K!

post-1672-0-13369600-1377907046_thumb.jp

post-1672-0-90047100-1377907087_thumb.jp

OK i have been trying to apply chassis saver in the cowl area,its rusty and i see no way to access this area...pics help understand lol i have a pump type sprayer,i modified to be used for paint,chassis saver has their own reducer.I plugged the very tip of the wand sprayers tip,then put a couple small holes around the sides.it works so far with water in that it sprays to the sides now.tomorrow will be the test lol

post-1672-0-83649100-1377909379_thumb.jp

post-1672-0-61800900-1377909923_thumb.jp

post-1672-0-08521300-1377909996_thumb.jp

.I am seriously considering pulling the body off now,i cant find a good place to run the fuel lines(safe place) lol i would like to paint the frame also....F**K!

Cha-ching!!!!! I hear money flying out of Joe's wallet with that decision!!! LOL.

Seriously, it may be a good thing if you find cracks or damage in your frame. You won't know until you take it off, but it is a lot more coin and I know you know. that. At a minimum, it will be a good time to replace all the body bushings.

Depressed beyond words when I found out the GTO frame was bad. Out of my mind when the body came off and found out how bad that really was. Patience WEEDHOPPER. When you can snatch the LUGNUT from my hand..........

Depressed beyond words when I found out the GTO frame was bad. Out of my mind when the body came off and found out how bad that really was. Patience WEEDHOPPER. When you can snatch the LUGNUT from my hand..........

LMAO! (WEEDHOPPER)

Cha-ching!!!!! I hear money flying out of Joe's wallet with that decision!!! LOL.

Seriously, it may be a good thing if you find cracks or damage in your frame. You won't know until you take it off, but it is a lot more coin and I know you know. that. At a minimum, it will be a good time to replace all the body bushings.

Hope the wife doesnt find this....LOL

Well,all the bolts are out.only broke 2! 1 in the cowl,easy fix.1 in the drivers side by trans crossmember.7 outta 8 isnt so bad is it? LOL

Lotta work, time N $$. If you didn't want to meet at the Comeback INN, you should have JUSTA said so. :lol2: The GTO came apart easy as 4 of 8 were already missing. The DONOR car was another story. The last bolt, I put a 3ft hunk of pipe on. Of course it broke N the pipe caught me right under the eye. Didn't look, Justa grabbed a hunk of duck tape to stop the bleeding. Lifted the body and retrieved my new frame.

CopyofGTOSquare1021.jpg

:dancingpontiac: Of course I'm working alone in the driveway. I had to borrow cement blocks from a couple neighbors to get it high enough to get the frame out. Here's where the preachin begins!!!! One block I borrowed was missing a corner. DON"T USE IT!!!!! Plan was to back my trailer under the body and lower it. Only had 1 inch clearance of the trailer fenders to the blocks on each side so I'm measuring one more time. I keep hearing this pinging noise??? The stack of blocks I have the measuring tape on, suddenly explodes. As I JUSTA launched myself backwards into the grass, getting hit by flying pieces of cement block, I landed on my back staring up at the sky. Not sure if I was relieved that I wasn't under the damn thing (like I had been been only seconds earlier) or pissed at all the extra work I made myself.

CopyofGTOSquare1025.jpg

Not thinking that the thunderous crash had brought the wife N daughters N neighbors running from all directions, I'm layin there still staring at the sky. Never for a minute thinking about the split eye or that I had blood all over my face, hair, neck, shirt. The duct tape fixed that! Sure caused a bunch of heart attacks! :lol2: OH for the LOVE OF PONTIAC :pontiac: