Forums Gone... but not forgotten!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Welcome to Forever Pontiac

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, full of great ideas for Pontiac performance, maintenance, or for peer-to-peer assistance from Professional and DIY mechanics. Also, compete in our Pontiac monthly competitions. Please register if you'd like to take part.

Sign in to follow this  
havoc1482

Script Error

Hey Jim, the website has been running extremely slow lately and I continuously get this error when I click on something on the site.

I tell it to stop the script so the page will load. I just told it to stop when I started this topic and now none of the post features are available (Emotes, Bold, Italics, Underline Font Size ect all of the buttons/options)

530876_4329863719425_610392390_n.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

What browser is this?

It should be running faster because I started to use a CDN but it has been having issues with some of the Javascript, which I was hoping were solved.

What browser is this?

It should be running faster because I started to use a CDN but it has been having issues with some of the Javascript, which I was hoping were solved.

Firefox. Could be the browser, but its only happened recently and I've always used FF

I'm on Chrome and it's running slow for me too. The most annoying thing I've seen is that when I hit page back, it often reloads the same page multiple times and I have to use the drop-down page back list to skip over 4-5 entries of the same exact page. I assume this multiple loading of each page accounts for why it feels so slow. I'm a nerd but I don't know much web-based programming yet so I can't really narrow it down to what is causing it.

Yeah for some reason FF only becomes unresponsive on FP. Other websites are fine.

Messing with some values of the CDN... Had the Javascript loading differently to speed things up, see if that is the route of the problems.

Edits seemed to make matters worse so I turned them back... Hopefully it's just going to take a while for it to propagate to you guys. Try clearing your cash and cookies

Any better? Seems to be working fine in all my browsers on my work, personal laptops plus my mobile

Yeah it seems to be working fine now. I'll let you know if anything comes up. Thanks Jim

Awesomsauce

this is a security feature that is auto enabled on the browser. if you run updates, it will pop up again. just fyi

This definitely has to be a browser side issue. I used IE9 and IE9 64-bit to test and the site runs fast and even faster (Respectively) than Firefox. In FF I get that damn script error and the site becomes as slow as molasses running uphill in a New England winter.

With all of the improvments Microsoft did with IE9 I'm seriously considering making it my default browser. Maybe I'll check out IE10. Thoughts Jim?

I use FF, Chrome and IE constantly have to say that they are becoming very similar. It's honestly personal preference. IE is sometimes a little quirky but if you set your settings correctly and make sure it always renders in IE9 settings then you'll be ok for the most part.

uhg, even with the new FF update everytime I load this site (and just this site) I get that AJAX script error. Nothing seems to work. I hate having to open just FP in IE

Hmmm... posting from FF right now and don't have any issues. This is quite odd...

Error is the same as the screenshot from the first post.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=w5kdZyPqva4