Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Rearended ='[

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sucks to hear. good to know youre ok. you should have gotten the guys info. or charged him $200 to not get his insurance in this.

I should have done alot of things but this is my first accident i have ever had and I didnt really know how to handle it. The only thought that kept pondering my head was "was this my fault." Yes I should have got his insurance but I was in so much shock I didnt know what was going on =[

Glad to see that it wasn't too major, had me worried when I read the head line, and at least you are alright, and it was in a parking lot. Looks like it's time for an upgrade then... and no matter how shaken up you might have been, you should always stay calm, and use your head :welcome:

Glad to see that it wasn't too major, had me worried when I read the head line, and at least you are alright, and it was in a parking lot. Looks like it's time for an upgrade then... and no matter how shaken up you might have been, you should always stay calm, and use your head :unsure:

psh I already have an upgrade haha my mommas g6 =p

So i went today to the bs and i got it looked at and an estimate.

they gave me an estimate of 809.46!!!! I am not taking that deal! I will drive to new york and get it installed first!! After she called the first place which gave me the first estimate I told her i could get it alot cheaper somewhere else so she called another place and they have a rear bumper same color and everything for 350 and then i would have to pay labor which is 105.00 42.00 an hour plus tax. so it would all come out at 455.00 plus tax would bring it to 486.85..deal? or no deal? yay? or nay?

Can you get your own bumper cover and have the skills to put it on yourself? You will save a ton of money that way and im sure the Grand Amers could help you.

sounds ok. to bad we have 4-5 feet of snow or id go to the ton of JYs we have around here and grab you a silver rear bumper for cheap but the cars are snowed up to the roofs:(

really bumpers arnt hard to remove. Im not sure on 5th Gens but theres normally like 4 bolts in the trunk and the plastic clips on the bottom

Emily Contact Phil(gt3400) he should be able to help ya out. he lives the closest to you I think. If I lived closer id help out.

DON'T HAVE THEM INSTALL!!!!!

That is a ripoff. I can remove and reinstall a bumper on our cars in 30 minutes tops. It's super easy, there's a total of about 10 clips IIRC, and simple remove the license plate and bumper fog sockets, and out she comes.

• Founders

Exactly total rip off to have them installed! Some clown hit my sister at work and she went to a body shop and the estimated like 200+ to get a little corner section of her bumper over her wheel well replaced, that was parts, paint and install for a tiny like 3ft. by 1.5ft piece. The part cost like $60 on ebay painted gray like hers. Bought it and installed it. Install took about an hour and a half because for an hour I was trying to figure out how to get the damn thing off!! Then once I found it, only took half hour to get it on and make sure it was secure then put back her whole bumper.

Short version: Even if you don't know what your doing, its pretty simple just look online to save time for instructions or do it my way (no instructions) and end up taking apart half of the car haha.

Exactly total rip off to have them installed! Some clown hit my sister at work and she went to a body shop and the estimated like 200+ to get a little corner section of her bumper over her wheel well replaced, that was parts, paint and install for a tiny like 3ft. by 1.5ft piece. The part cost like $60 on ebay painted gray like hers. Bought it and installed it. Install took about an hour and a half because for an hour I was trying to figure out how to get the damn thing off!! Then once I found it, only took half hour to get it on and make sure it was secure then put back her whole bumper.

Short version: Even if you don't know what your doing, its pretty simple just look online to save time for instructions or do it my way (no instructions) and end up taking apart half of the car haha.

:blink: