Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

G6 TIRE SIZE CUNFUSION HELP?????

G6 TIRE CUNFUSION   

4 members have voted

Please sign in/register to vote or see results of poll. Votes will be made public once the poll closes.

I WAS WANTING TO PURCHASE A SET OF 17 INCH RIMS FOR MY WIFE'S 2007 G6 SEDAN, THE WHEELS ARE 17X7.5 WITH A +35 OFFSET AND I'M HAVING TROUBLE DECIDING ON THE RIGHT SIZE TIRE. I WANT ALL THE WIDTH I CAN GET, WITHOUT RUB AND WITHOUT THE WHEELS SITTING OUT PAST THE FENDERS & LOOKING STUPID, WHICH I'M AFRAID THAT MIGHT HAPPEN WITH THE +35 OFFSET AND THE .5 INCH MORE ON WHEEL WIDTH, AND I AM AFRAID THE 45 SERIES WILL LOSE TO MUCH HEIGHT. WHAT WOULD YOU GUYS DO?

225/50/17-(stock size) will I still gain width with the stock size and a wider wheel?

235/45/17

235/50/17

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE SOME PHOTO EXAMPLES PLEASE.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

It shouldn't at all. Stick with a 50 profile, dropping to 45 will throw off your speedo. The 235 width fills out the 17x8's on mine just perfect, so going that wide with yours should be fine.

You doing this to just the stock wheels?

' date='Feb 9 2010, 02:19 AM' post='9760']

It shouldn't at all. Stick with a 50 profile, dropping to 45 will throw off your speedo. The 235 width fills out the 17x8's on mine just perfect, so going that wide with yours should be fine.

You doing this to just the stock wheels?

NAH THESE WOULD BE FOR THE AFTERMARKET RIMS, WOULD IT MAKE A DIFFERENCE?

ON TIRERACK.COM THE 235/45 ARE JUST 1/4 INCH SHORTER THAN THE 225/50

AND THE 235/50 ARE 1/4 TALLER THEN THE 225/50