Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Project V6 Firebird (lots of pics)

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• 1 month later...

Shop has been super busy, but we finally got the exhaust hooked up.  Here's a short idle clip, time to get the break in done so we can get it on the dyno to finish tuning!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTjdJiT3tho

Been a very busy week or so, finally got some time to do a little work in the garage and figuring out the return spring stuff for the parking brake. I'll make sure to include that info in the write-up since that isn't covered explicitly in the conversion instructions from the company.  That might be updated now though, so who knows.

The car sounds great, need to clean it up as it got covered in dust and I haven't had a chance to clean it yet, let alone drive it to get it inspected. More progress soon!

editedP6018148_zpskhlzpcyn.jpg

• Like 1

Just gonna leave the V on there for now.  Won't detract from it, and will make it easier to identify that I am actually running V brembos.

Edited by WarShrike

So I just finished adjusting the CTS-V brake caliper alignment, getting the parking brake just right, and a few other nagging issues taken care of. Decided to take it for a light throttle, low rpm drive (200 miles left on break in and on a conservative tune) and wanted to test some spots for my gopro while doing a minor shake down. Seems the consensus is the best part is around the 4 minute through 5 minute mark.

Kooks true dual exhaust and longtube headers, large cam, high compression, and a little temperamental on the idle command when you come off the throttle, lol! Gonna fine tune that this week with HPTuners.

Got her inspected today!  The guy at the inspection station was somewhat skeptical of me having cats in regard to how "loud" it was.  Still passed, had full cats thanks to the Kooks true duals.  I don't like getting hassled by shops or cops, so yeah.  Time for an alignment!

13325609_1102867319770118_63455345320805

• Founders

Excellent! Am the same way, the cops here are bored and like to pick on the littlest things anyway. Like my ticket for having my license plate light out, how the hell would I know it's out?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Took the car to get an alignment today.  Almost got it dialed in but the shop was pretty busy so I'm gonna need to do a few minor things and bring it back.  Car feels a lot better already, just need to dial the camber/caster in a little closer to the spec that's needed.  Still need to do some fine tuning on the idle control, it wants to die coming down from rpms with the clutch in while coasting to a stop.  HPTuners is very limited on what you can do with this PCM, and the last option is to drill a small hole in the throttle blade to calm it down.  It's better than it was earlier when I got it, but it still isn't quite there.

IMG_20160622_101550_zpsyn5kdmel.jpg

IMG_20160622_102126_zpsorecpxll.jpg

• Founders

Dang, that stinks about the tuning issue. 

Absolutely love your photos though. Just these simple shots are great with that resolution ;) 

Almost done with break-in!

In the mean time, fixing some things now that I've got a little more opportunity.  Took it to a friend's shop and got a new headunit and a backup camera installed.  The camera wasn't a "NEED" but it is helpful in many aspects including in a cramped paddock at the auto-x events when you're trying to back into your spot and your coordination suddenly is trying to escape you.

audio_zpsncgazz1k.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Testing out some new camera locations and an external mic for that ohhh so good exhaust burble and lope from the big NA cam on this car. Learning new things, something I always enjoy!

This is still only part throttle and maybe 4500 rpm max.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbp1VDltzow

• Like 1

Thanks!  It still doesn't give it justice, but it's sooo much closer than it sounded w/ the regular mic or the cell phone.

• Founders
9 hours ago, WarShrike said:

Thanks!  It still doesn't give it justice, but it's sooo much closer than it sounded w/ the regular mic or the cell phone.

Know what you mean trying to capture my new exhaust with my cellphone :lol: 

• 2 weeks later...