Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Project V6 Firebird (lots of pics)

i like em. what i was also thinking is if its possible to match the top of the intake manifold where it has those lines design.

It's possible, but I'd need about 30 minutes to an hour on a bridgeport mill.

• 5 weeks later...

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Created a new cover image for the car's facebook page.  Makes it easy to do that because I can share from one location on just about everything.

Just a silhouette with a word collage around it that involves everything in the car.

https://www.facebook.com/ProjectSturmvogel

12141721_961453437244841_578400768458341

• 2 weeks later...

Made a little progress yesterday. Got in some good Daddy-daughter time as well, she was pretty excited to get to work on stuff for the car.

20151010_112643_zpsiqmrljkw.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2015‎ ‎2‎:‎19‎:‎05‎, WarShrike said:

Made a little progress yesterday. Got in some good Daddy-daughter time as well, she was pretty excited to get to work on stuff for the car.

20151010_112643_zpsiqmrljkw.jpg

Cute! Carrying on the tradition...

• 1 month later...

Been busy with school, since it's out it is time to get back to wrenching.  Still have a long laundry list of things to accomplish.

Finally got the k-member aligned as well as the trans cross member:
day5%20pic2_zpsusnbsa8g.jpg

day5%20pic3_zpstm3ycn6e.jpg

Still nothing to attach wheels to:
day5%20pic1_zpsyqda5l5r.jpg

Gonna clean these things up after I do the new collectors:
day5%20pic4_zpsgtmrnpva.jpg

Did some repairs to the harness loom and started plugging things in. I feel like my knees have been hyper-extended from leaning over the fender for so long...

Really wish I had been able to spring for the Painless Performance wire loom that isn't this crazy plastic, but that will have to wait for later a later project with fresh connectors and all that fun stuff.

day6%20pic3_zpsnpfmg4f5.jpg

day6%20pic4_zpsnm7uxyaz.jpg

day6%20pic1_zpsixlbpi75.jpg

• Like 1

Finally got the spindles opened up to accept the MASSIVE CTS-V 6-piston brakes. Spindles are currently drying from a few coats of primer. While waiting on that, I prepped the UMI Performance Inc. front control arms and loosely installed them in the k-member and pointed the zerk fittings out to where I could easily service them.

Still waiting on a set of 18" wheels, have to send out my injectors to get cleaned and a list of other items. A whole lot less boxes filled with parts though. This thing is getting closer...

day7%20pic1_zps1nmqrhou.jpg

day7%20pic2_zpsfn1imzxf.jpg

Not blazing through it, but getting some of the finer points taken care of. Finished spraying the spindles, should be able to install those sometime tomorrow.

day8%20pic4_zpssgxhgmf5.jpg

Finished connecting some of the harness to the trans. Installed the longtubes for a temporary fitment check with the new exhaust. More on that soon.

day8%20pic3_zps7ahjscmk.jpg

Test fit the UMI A-Arms, they're pretty nice, and finished setting up the Global West upper control arms that were modified by Blaine Fabrication.

day8%20pic2_zpsgeauscxq.jpg

day8%20pic1_zpsuttbvf4p.jpg

Kinda got stalled on a few things that took longer than I had really hoped to, but it's down to just chipping away at it all now. I need to find longer shock bolts for the A-arms, I forgot that I had read a thread awhile back, so I need to go to the local hardware store tomorrow after work. Exhaust is just loosely mocked up, will install rear end and stuff when I get a chance in the next few days. 12390964_10153897410463825_4487324032778

Made some nice progress today!

Rear axle assembled, e-brake lines run, installed and loosely bolted in with UMI Performance Inc. Torque Arm and Poly/Roto-joint rear LCA's.

Drive shaft is installed, have to reconnect the rear brake lines (notice the stainless axle to chassis line?), sensor harness, mount up the springs and swaybar from Strano Performance as well as the Fays2 Watts Link. After that, it's back to the front suspension while I wait on a few last ditch items!

day10%20pic1_zpsqw96szrf.jpg

day10%20pic2_zpsj9axmyfa.jpg

day10%20pic3_zpscjrj6e6l.jpg

day10%20pic4_zps37ifgazh.jpg

On 12/20/2015 at 2:42 AM, Ghost said:

wow. lots of great work. when do you plan to have it back on the road?

Soon.  Waiting on injectors to get back from flowmatching, also waiting on 18" wheels because the 17's absolutely won't fit.

On 12/20/2015 at 11:56 AM, Ringo64 said:

Great work!

Thanks!  It's coming along nicely now.  The whole rear section of the car is going to look awesome once it is all finished.