Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Project V6 Firebird (lots of pics)

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

15 hours ago, WarShrike said:

Conti DWS, 275/30/R19's.  Gonna give those a shot.

The DW is very popular with the Solstice/Sky autocrossers.

Been busy, had some minor issues crop up but back to full steam ahead!

Started doing my PCV catch can stuff.  I've searched high and low for a twist in oil cap that had a fitting that I could route to a catch can.  Without really having any luck, I decided to mod the existing oil caps and just make it work.

These are just stamped metal w/ a rivet holding it all together.  Well, after only a couple uses, the rivet would work loose in the metal and it would all twist easily.  I drilled out the rivet and then used a drill press with a step drill to open up the holes on each individual layer.
12648124_10153991562753825_1012782454_n_

Initial test fit with a -10AN fitting, this is the same size line on the catch can I'll be running to.
12650285_10153991881328825_1671109006_n_

Next hurdle involved the retaining nut for the AN fitting.  This was a bulkhead fitting for fuel tanks, and I got it so I could sandwich everything together cleanly.  This nut needs to be ground down to fit inside the neck of the stamped metal cap.
12660310_10153993343953825_1345132218_n_

A big friggin pile of aluminum later, the nut is a press-fit inside the neck and used locktite to make sure everything stayed in place after the test fits:
12650404_10153993344068825_508065758_n_z

Final product!
12508992_1021468627909988_26073409854887

I'll post more on the catch can stuff later.

Watts link completely installed, took a little bit of fine tuning.  I'm glad I had an angle indicator.  Following that, I downloaded the old tune to back the timing off and adjust fuel accordingly with the new injectors.  I'm blown away that the Optima Redtop was still holding a full charge after sitting in my garage for a year and a half.  I've had that battery since ~2010!

day19pic1_zpszhbxge96.jpg

day19pic2_zps6toead9t.jpg

Here's hoping I can fire it up tomorrow!

• Founders

Nice! 

Optima's are good batteries. Did my senior project for undergrad with an electrical engineer and we calculated time that people aren't using electricity to store it and contacted Optima which they delivered like 10 batteries to us at no cost.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Continental DWS installed, still need to dress up the sidewalls and stuff.  Can't wait to fire it all up.  Just waiting on catch can components right now :)

12699090_10154025862083825_616604235_o_z

• 4 weeks later...

Haha here's one more.

While waiting on other things, got the car cleaned up a little, got the transmission to finally shift the way it needs to and tried to get some things ready to fire it up.

Felt really good to clean it up as well as for something to finally go my way with the transmission since I had been worried that it might need to be pulled out...again.

12809561_10154087403293825_6666269137719

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully soon. I've been on the other side of Texas for the last week doing work with my business at TX2K16.  LSXWillys and Corporal Punishment were there, so Willys was parked at 1320's booth and we had Corporal Punishment at ours, tons of fun.  Very little sleep tho and hung over from that + a 12 hour marathon drive back from Houston with an almost empty trailer, lol!

I'm the one hanging back watching my friends slinging merch.  Really and truly blessed to have seen such rapid growth over the last two years.

10864802_985879161506729_1528383422_n.jp

You're waiting, I'm waiting - this car build thing is slow go man. Expectations are high for mine and I'm watching your build - so same for that. It's awesome to see a car from the past turned into a monster. Lovin that much! And congrats on your business man, very happy your hard work is paying off. Kudos for doing the hard thing and making it on your own.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ringo64 said:

LSX Willy's, now that's an interesting combination, I like it!

Yeah, it's a nutty little Jeep that's super lightweight.  I recommend you check it out.  My buddy did video of it at 170mph in the passenger seat, no belts, no cage, just a helmet.  He was like, "I did something I'll neever do again."

2 hours ago, roxer said:

You're waiting, I'm waiting - this car build thing is slow go man. Expectations are high for mine and I'm watching your build - so same for that. It's awesome to see a car from the past turned into a monster. Lovin that much! And congrats on your business man, very happy your hard work is paying off. Kudos for doing the hard thing and making it on your own.

Thanks, it's been insane.  We had more MRL shirts out there than 1320 Video in some instances and that's a massive accomplishment considering how huge they are compared to us.

• Founders
13 minutes ago, WarShrike said:

Yeah, it's a nutty little Jeep that's super lightweight.  I recommend you check it out.  My buddy did video of it at 170mph in the passenger seat, no belts, no cage, just a helmet.  He was like, "I did something I'll neever do again."

Wat... That's just insane on multiple fronts :lol: 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Catch can finished by my friend at EPS Tuning, came out really nice!  Laptop was dead so couldn't load my tune and it got late so I didn't want to fire this thing up with open headers after some neighbor's bedtime.  I'm already that guy, I don't want to become THAT guy.

day20pic1_zpssqg1qwek.jpgC

Edited by WarShrike

IT LIVES!

Still have some little odds and ends to work out as well as get it warmed up and burp the coolant.

Then it's off to:
• Get exhaust connected
• Inspected/Registered
• Alignment
• AC Charged
• Dyno tuned