Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Project V6 Firebird (lots of pics)

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I have a Ws6 hood that needs some minor repairs and paint before installation. No burnouts, don't really care to get my car impounded lol!

• 4 weeks later...

Straightening things up in the garage will be much easier! It took me 30 minutes to find my hammer the other day, asked the missus and my wish was granted!

Image03202013164057_zpsf0e817b2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Spare cylinder heads and the aussie/holden intake manifold are shipped off getting worked over.

Finalizing the spec on a single turbo setup, should make things interesting in a year or so...

Picked up my roller rockers that I won off pacefabricating's e-bay auction. They're purrdy.

Image05032013231156_zpse7c32417.jpg

While painting some wood stuff in the garage, I sticker-bombed my tool chest. I felt like I was in elementary school again.

Image05032013222209_zpsfd827cf7.jpg

Image05032013222235_zpsd0e83c3c.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
Got the BLS projectors finished after some fine tuning and me fixing one of my screwups. My camera doesn't know WTF to do in auto with the lights like this, and I didn't have time to fart around with the settings...

BLSlights_zpsd15ceffd.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

While waiting on other things, I replaced a few items. Both the ICM and coils were looking worse for wear and the car had started to stumble a bit after idling in the heat. Figured with my next step in the build, I'd just eliminate that issue right now with new ignition equipment.

Installed a new ICM and GTP/SSEI coils. The SSEI coils are ACDELCO Part # D576.

Also replaced my aging O2 sensors with some Denso units as I started getting a code thrown for inefficiency issues. Come to find out, my band clamps had worked loose a little and was letting air into the stream. Will have to make a note to myself to tighten them during each oil change interval.

Took it for a drive, but couldn't get spirited as there were literally police everywhere I looked! I can sense a bit smoother increase in the revs, but we'll see when I take it for a drive tomorrow and will do some tuning/datalogging on top of that.

• 3 weeks later...

Went to Coffee & Cars today with my daughter in tow. She had fun, just a day past 1 year old and looking to be a car nut :)

CNCJuly_zpsd9c3f783.jpg

CNCJuly2_zps60e4373d.jpg