Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

2009 G8 GT

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a fan of the wheels at all but, a buddy of mine has the same ones on his black 4th gen firehawk... I think I can get used to them... Nice G8 though!

They came with the car, but def not my favourite,

' timestamp='1345300993' post='74692']

Not bad, but the ghetto fabulous wheels really bring it down.

Trade them for the optional 19"s they came with.

I was thinking about the Camaro rims.

Looks great apart from the already stated wheels ;)

Any plans for it?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I'll wait till spring, but intake, headers, exhaust, and a tune.

• Founders

I was thinking about the Camaro rims.

Which ones? My RS/SS 2012s, RS/SS 2013s, ZL1s, 45ths?

I'll wait till spring, but intake, headers, exhaust, and a tune.

That's good, that LS2 will open up good.

• Founders
' timestamp='1345303008' post='74697']

The hub bores are different, IIRC.

I don't want to say they aren't because I dunno but I know several G8 owners who have done it

• 3 weeks later...

I think the stock GXP rims with the arrowhead center are the best looking rims on the G8s. They just compliment the car so well, and you can't go wrong with stock parts!

The blue version of those wheels would look good on a WRBP STi. Would only than need 2 grand, not as expensive as the Volk TE37sl's at least.

Best bet is used. I mounted a set of these on an E90 M3 on Friday, the kid got them for $1700.

243970_110593345756905_961424539_o.jpg

19x9.5 up front on 255/35 R19 tires, 19x10.5 out back on 295/30 R19 tires. Tires were Toyo Proxies4. They are DOPE.

• 5 months later...

Starting to look at new rims. Found a set I like, the Enkei Raijin, but have heard the quality isn't the greatest. Anyone have experience with Enkei wheels?

I think those would look sweet! what colour were you thinking of. I think its all in how they are taken care of, and the maintence that they are given. If you just run it through a car wash and leave them rims are prone to pitting quicker, and if you take them off over winter. Thats a pretty popular maker tho so id image they would be good :) did you check out tire rack prices? If i was looking for non chrome rim for my car i would have def gone with these!

I'm gonna go black, trying to stay away from chrome. In fact, I want to black out the chrome trim on the car too.

These are what I'm looking at:

Enkei Raijin 19

enkeitun_raijin19_b_ci3_l.jpg