Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

The Nightrider.

Modifications/Features

Engine/Drivetrain:

-Brand new 2.2L OHV engine.

-5 speed transmission swapped.

-Perfection series clutch kit.

-Accel 300+ ignition power booster, (50% greater spark).

-Customized chrome cold ram air intake.

-Chrome filter with orange frame.

-Optima yellow top battery, (880 CCA).

-Shortened serpentine belt,

-Removed AC unit and all components.

-Bosch platinum fusion spark plugs, (four prongs tips) with Uridium cores.

-8mm Red "Taylor Spiro Pro" high performance spark plug wires.

-MSD ignition coils.

-PCD Performance chip, stage 1.

3400 V6 Swap planned in the near future.

Handling:

-18" Enkei racing rims.

-High performance all-season

225/40HR18 Kumho Ecsta AST tires, 400 tread wear rating, traction rating: A, and temperature rating: A

-EasyStreetAir.com, air ride suspension with: DC5200 100% duty cycle 1/2HP air compressor, 3 gallon pancake air tank, 4 3/8" F.B.S.S. fast valves, 1/2" nylon line, 4, (Easystreetair) air bag struts, (2 in front and 2 in rear) all with 9 way adjustable air dampers, 1/4" line to gauges, 2 150 PSI dual needle gauges, a debris trap, a back flow check valve, and a PS1 paddle to control dancing action.

-Custom painted red brakes, (calipers, and drums).

Exterior:

-Replaced fenders with OEM ones, for future wide body installment.

-RK Sport 6 piece Streetfire body kit.

-Chrome mesh grill.

-Red Optix neon under-glow kit.

-Red neon's under dash, (both drivers, and passenger sides).

-Red L.E.D.'s in dash.

-VIS carbon fiber Invader hood.

-Chrome grill insert in hood.

-Chrome antenna.

-Windows are tinted with 2.5 black limo tint.

-Sun roof.

-DC Sport exhaust, with 4" tip.

-Alteza tail lights: black with white

trim around the red lenses.

-Carbon fiber mirror covers.

-Removed spoiler.

-External third brake light is relocated to inside of rear window.

-Several decals here and there.

-1 High and 1 low tone air horns.

Interior:

-Custom painted red and black in interior.

-Re-fabricated with red pleather, (arm rests and so on).

-Preditor peddles, (gas, brake, clutch).

-Carbon fiber shift knob.

-Two red neon's under dash, (drivers/passengers sides) and 3 red LED lights in center of dash.

-Autogauge tachometer/tach light, and tach adapter.

-Dual gauge pod/dual needle air gauges, (150 PSI each) mounted in it.

-Radar/Scanner.

-Several switches and relays for various accessories under the dash in the form of a switch panel.

-Carbon fiber shifter knob.

-2000+ Cavalier third brake light inside car/behind rear window.

-I re-fabricated the rear speaker deck cover in red.

-I wired my reverse lights to a toggle switch so they'd function after my transmission swap.

-Chrome Grant steering wheel.

I.C.E.:

-2 Alpine rear speakers, (6"x9").

-PS1 remote control for my air ride.

-Pioneer motorized CD deck, with blue lighting.

Other:

The car can do a three point stand. Rides 100% better than with the stock suspension.

Had the car going over 130 MPH on the way home from a VTRides cruise, on the 20th of April 08. No joke! No more governor! Not bad for a Sunfire. And there was still more motor to go...

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

21.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

8.jpg

10.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

**Mods or Admin...your more than welcome to copy and paste these pics on the first post...** :D

Your welcome

I dont understand why you have a 4" tach when you have a tach already?? I feel like Im looking at a Civics interior. Also Ive seen those pedals at Autozone. Ive wondered what they would look actually installed in car, and now Im really against it.

Im still not understanding the whole rice or tuner thing, but who cares....it looks ok. :woot:

Sorry about that, my computer was being stupid and wouldn't do it any other way than the way I'd put them up. Thanks for fixing it. :woot:

Just so everyone's clear! I've done what I've done with my car because it's what I like. I don't care what other people like. The fact is that I own and drive this car. So the bottom line is, that at the end of the day whatever parts I decide to install I decide based on my likes and dislikes. If you don't like it then don't look at it and certainly don't put it down. You won't catch me doing that to anyone... Regardless of how dumb I think their ride looks. I keep that to myself. I guess that's a matter of respect though...

what color you gunna paint the car?

I wanna paint it prizmatique, (However you spell that, lol!) With the base coat being Black.

im going to have to post something about your reply nightrider. I get a lot of put downs too from people about me modding out a vibe. really, i dont care and dont let it get to you. just keep on going and dont worry about if people dont like a certain thing or part of your car. just take that as normal criticism which you will always run into. not everyone has the same tastes. some will like it and some wont. just continue about your normal modding on your car and dont let it get to you man. just a lil advice from me to you.

now for my opinions, i think this would look sick. go back to stock tails and paint the tails the same color as the car. with the look you are going, i can see more of a showy type low low theme going. it keeps your exterior sharp and clean to where it will help grab the people's attention. i think once all done, you should come out with a nice show ride man.

I think it looks pretty good....alot of work has gone into it.

I do have to agree with the tach comment though....I don't see why that would be necessary....but hey it's your car and if you like it, that's all that counts.

I didnt say I didnt like your ride nightrider.....I just spoke my opinion. Sorry if that made you upset. I like your car man, just not all of it. But just keep doing what your doing.

If you saw someone here post of pic of their car, and it looks like one of the ricer wtf cars (like the thread), you wouldnt say anything?? Just curious.

No I wouldn't. That's just who and how I am. I think anyone that puts themselves out there should be admired for their courage. Since the world is full of critics. And by putting yourself out into the public's eye you make yourself very vulnerable to everyone with something to say. So I choose to respect everyone's personal choices since no two people think exactly alike. By the way the tach was just for fun. I saw it, liked it, and installed it. No other reasons. I just thought it looked nice and would add a different kind of feel to the interior of my car.

Since the world is full of critics. And by putting yourself out into the public's eye you make yourself very vulnerable to everyone with something to say.

Exactly....so why do people get upset then when we call the car rice, or we dont like this or that?? :woot:

Anyone can say whatever they want about my ride, I dont give a ...... :D I just like to hear what people think,, good or bad.

PCD Performance chip, stage 1 - WTF?!?!?!

Sorry to jump on you but there is no such thing as a chip. I googled this "Chip" and you got taken... scam scam scam

This

f5e49d9f_82010.jpeg

is about as effective as this

potato_chips.jpg

please note that i am not being an ass i am showing you how you got robbed.

Your car will at least "look" better that this one when you get it painted...its automatic too... :woot:

But hes boosted. Are you going for any kind of boost in the future??

Im not a fan of how this thread is going and I said it once in his welcome thread so lets move on if you dont like his ride!

thanks Joe

:woot:

PCD Performance chip, stage 1 - WTF?!?!?!

Sorry to jump on you but there is no such thing as a chip. I googled this "Chip" and you got taken... scam scam scam

This

f5e49d9f_82010.jpeg

is about as effective as this

potato_chips.jpg

please note that i am not being an ass i am showing you how you got robbed.

that looks like a wanna be electronic boost controller. :woot::D;)

I saw that video of the airbags... that is super sweet! i like that. and once it is painted i think it will look cool as hell from the outside.

Also about the 3400 swap. why not a 3.5? you can find a used LX9 out there for not much. or why not turbo the 2.2 you got in there?

I think you will have less modifications if you turbo rather than straight swaping motors. another thing you would have to think about is if the trans you have in the car will bolt up to the 3.4

secondly what are you going to do for computer? are you goign to do a standlaone?

Is this swap a comon thing in the J-body tuning?

Interesting J-body...

The tach, lame pedals, lose em, it takes away from the custom factor. Are the mirrors actually CF?

I'd shave the badges on the doors. All the body work, the badges become a distraction. The wheels are fuggin tight. I can't get over how bitchin' they look.

Whatever color you do exterior-wise, make sure it ties in with how your interior setup is.

I say do the LA1 swap. Do an LX9 top swap, use the 4T65-HD trans too, then booooooooost.

MP Racing is a good source for a tune, and upgrade the injectors to 28lb Trailblazer injectors.

So much has been said I don't even know where to start with a reply. I can say as far as a 3400 swap with a 3500 top end... That's not happening. I've researched it and found out that the air flow is worse in the 3500's intake manifold than the 3400's. I do know that the tranny I have will bolt right up with the 3400. I've read several conversation about this in J-Body forums where this swap is being explained. I intend to, "Piggy back" both of the ECU'S. How exactly, I'll leave up to a guy that really knows his wiring. I could turbo it as is but then it's only as powerful as the 3400 stock. Whereas if I do the swap and turbo the 3400... Well, then we're talking power and lots of it with other mods that I'd do. As far as critics go... Well, say what you have to say I guess. I'll just take it as constructive criticism :lol2: . Seriously though, I really don't know exactly how this car will end up. I could change my mind on some things. But I do know this... I want her to have looks, speed, power, and control. As long as I reach those goals the rest should fall into place. Anything I missed? Any questions you've got... Shoot em'! :D

' date='Feb 8 2010, 04:48 PM' post='9630']

Interesting J-body...

The tach, lame pedals, lose em, it takes away from the custom factor. Are the mirrors actually CF?

I'd shave the badges on the doors. All the body work, the badges become a distraction. The wheels are fuggin tight. I can't get over how bitchin' they look.

Whatever color you do exterior-wise, make sure it ties in with how your interior setup is.

I say do the LA1 swap. Do an LX9 top swap, use the 4T65-HD trans too, then booooooooost.

MP Racing is a good source for a tune, and upgrade the injectors to 28lb Trailblazer injectors.

The mirrors are stock with CF covers on them. I do intend to, "Shave" the badges. And I like your idea on the injectors. I like the pedals and tach... I put them there to look just a bit different. Plus they work very well, even though the tach required some extra modifying. Including a tach adapter.

that looks like a wanna be electronic boost controller. :lol2::lol2::lol2:

:o Yeah, that's the one! :angry: I believe you, but how do you know it's crap?

Nice looking car. You did the manual swap yourself? Good job. If I can find the pictures of the car I have seen J-bodies with Northstar engine swaps so if you are ever planning on going insane that might be a good route.

Good work though on the car. Keep it up.

The 3500 LX9 heads have better flow stock for stock versus the LA1 heads, and the LX9 LIM does not have the dreaded gasket leak. Take this from another LA1 owner, do the top swap. The LA1's upper plenium bolts right up the LX9's LIM.

Again, WOT-Tech is your best friend for top end parts. The owner, Ben, also runs the site 60degreeV6.com. He's done it all with these engines, and is your go to guy for building up this motor for boost.

Good luck with the swap, and build up that V6 and boooost!

' date='Feb 9 2010, 02:43 AM' post='9666']

The 3500 LX9 heads have better flow stock for stock versus the LA1 heads, and the LX9 LIM does not have the dreaded gasket leak. Take this from another LA1 owner, do the top swap. The LA1's upper plenium bolts right up the LX9's LIM.

Again, WOT-Tech is your best friend for top end parts. The owner, Ben, also runs the site 60degreeV6.com. He's done it all with these engines, and is your go to guy for building up this motor for boost.

Good luck with the swap, and build up that V6 and boooost!

:lol2: That's the site I've gone to for my top end build :D