Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Craigs cross country Saab

CraiGM

I had a difficult time picking a car Id be "content" with. Solstice, sweet looking car, considerably affordable, but I just had no chemistry with that car. I couldnt come to want to have it. GTO, not a good idea. For sure Id modify it and wrap it around something. The XLR, they just were not in the price range. I was thinking of any GM I could have. I was considering other makes at this point. Something to break the cycle. One day driving I saw one pass me... The Saab.

Regardless what people want to think, at one point GM controlled/built Saab (or tried) and it is related to GM even as the ugly cousin. First I had to find out what it was called that I liked. Its a 9-3. Then I knew what body style and had to learn the years. 03-07. Then learned what the top model was, called the Aero. Then I learned they came 6 speed manual. Now I had to have it. Engine was the Ecotec based engine turbocharged with 210hp. But later years they came with a 2.8 V6 turbocharged 250hp. Yup, thats the one I wanted. Narrowed down to 06-07. Then I made the mistake of finding out they changed to the new style interior in 07 which looks great. the 06 and older look like its from the 90s. So... serious dilemma.

I did a search "any distance" for the specific 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero V6 manual transmission. Total of 9 results. I didnt want a red car I sure in hell didnt want a black car. Only one left for me to grab was silver. Location West Chester Pennsylvania, total of 2300 miles away. Sold all my cars, bought a plane ticket out there, drove it back over the weekend. I love the car. The space, the look, the power, the stance, best part there is nothing I want to do to the car. The most Id do... dyno tune. Paid $16k for it with 48k miles. Here are the pics I have of the car so far.

19xdt5.jpg

2lm1d3a.jpg

35amz6a.jpg

29ctla9.jpg

2v8r0w0.jpg

oanf6h.jpg

16jmrkm.jpg

t8xefq.jpg

313i3ck.jpg

dmbjib.jpg

zvcsht.jpg

34r7hpe.jpg

1677ayw.jpg

2ldf1n8.jpg

jtnh8x.jpg

2w36urr.jpg

35lbudl.jpg

ort6p3.jpg

1grxf.jpg

ehzrxg.jpg

2sbq4x4.jpg

1234pxt.jpg

dlgq4i.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

Nice! I rather like this year for Saab, not bad. My only encounter with a Saab though was a confusing one in that, to put it lightly they like to do things different :lol:

Nice find! These are wonderful cars. You say you won't mod, but these cars don't need much. Honestly, intake, cat back and a short throw shifter is all it would need. They are more pricey to maintain (and mod) but they're wonderful if taken care of.

Also, this is me just being observant...those tires, I know that tread anywhere...those are Sunny SN3800's. Get rid of them while you can, they're horrific. When I worked at Mavis Tire, I lost track of how many complaints...excessive road noise, terrible rain traction, terrible traction in general...you don't have the issue of snow, but they're deemed as "all season" tires (:lol: :lol:) and have zero snow traction.

Just trying to save you he headache of shitty tires ruining a good handling car.

Slap some Toyo Proxies T1R's on that bish!

Very nice! I've been looking at Saabs for the last few months or so, more so the 9-2x Aero (Saabaru) than anything, to replace our Mercedes. Looks great and nice price for the miles as well.

As I said on GAGT.com, welcome to the Saab club. Definitely a great car you got there. I enjoy my Saab too but for me, I've got the GAGT that I can't even consider parting with and a minivan for the wife. My Saab has been on loan to my Uncle in Modesto for the past 3 months since we don't honestly need 3 cars right now. Seeing yours makes me want to drive mine again.

I've seriously considered selling my Saab but the KBB value on it plummeted over the past 6 months so it's worth only about half of what I owe on it yet. Looks like I'll probably be keeping it since nobody is going to buy it for $6K when KBB claims it's only worth $3.5K. I guess I'll keep it until i'ts paid off and then either drive it until it's no longer feasible to keep repairing it or consider selling it at that point. It's already got 170K miles on it but it still runs beautifully.

Thanks fellas. But Chaosweaver, the point of buying this specific car was because I am happy with it the way it is. I want out of the motorsports. But if anything is going to be done, it would be intake to hear the engine and bov, downpipe to give the turbo more room to breathe, and a dyno tune. I have no desire to change the exhaust or upgrade the turbo or lower it or get wheels, none of that.

Ive worked in the tire business and at the time was the dealerships manager. Im aware of the crap tires. The dealer I bought it from put these new tires on it and Im going to run them till its time to replace. I like toyo but not me. Id look into Rikens again. Always worked for me.

God you sadden me. I hope I never lose this love for cars and working on them.

But glad your happy with your decsion and as I said else where I like the new car

' timestamp='1343257940' post='74261']

I'm sorry if I seem intrusive, but why the change of heart with the car hobby?

I dont want to get too deep into it, but I want to focus on the future. There is a "dream" if you will, that I want to follow. It requires some things of me. One of the major things holding me back is this car hobby. Im constantly looking for parts, ways to make the car faster, checking forums to give advice, searching for cheap cars to buy and resale, looking up a problem to fix it myself, having 3-4 cars at a time and dealing with registration and insurance and parts for all of them. It goes on and on. I quite frankly HATE working on cars. I believe people love positive results, but I dont feel people actually enjoy the labor to do it.

There is so much more out there in this world, and I want a piece of it. Im looking at the "big picture" in life. And unfortunately, that small annoying habit for desire to modify my cars takes over. Cant both coexist? Nope. So I did what I didnt want to do. Sold my pride and joys. Now, I can focus on what I want to do.

I hope that explains it for you guys. I am still very into cars and performance, I will just not be participating anymore.

• Founders

I know what it is like to make some major sacrifices and changes in your life to get to where you want in your future. I wish you good luck sir in your future endeavors. You seem kind of bitter towards working on cars now hope that doesn't turn you off visiting here every now and again ;)

Who does actually like the labor most of the time. Hell I know atleast half of it I will be cursing at the car asking it why did I try this but the results for me are worth it everytime with the satisfaction that I did it. Just wish I made a smarter decision in ONE project and one reliable DD but instead I chose two projects and my head is currently spinning.

I'd say keeping one car as a project is a healthy thing. One that doesn't need a deadline. One when your feeling up to it you can dig in and have some fun.

So the way I see it you smartened up and got a fairly good DD and will set things straight for a bit and then you'll find that 69 camaro you'd always dreamed of and you slowly work on it as time allows and because you did it slowly IT'LL BE A 1000HP BEAST!!!... I ran out of ideas for story time

' timestamp='1343267185' post='74269']

I have my days where I hate repairing peoples' shitpiles, but I can't be that irritated, it's what I know, and I do it well.

i refuse to work on other people shit piles because 90% of the time they don't appreciate it and it's more of a PITA most of the time. i myself don't moind working on my own cars i just don't want to be doing it every weekend..

Im not sure some of you are grasping my dilema... Hows this for an example. I want to be a doctor. That requires time, money, school, classes, studying, its living a different lifestyle. Its not that I cant do this car thing anymore, its also because I dont want to. Doctor program over powers motorsports.

Now if I was into fixing cars, drag racing, mechanical engineering, automotive sales or any of that towards a professional career, then Id still be in the game. But thats not what I want.

I think he's saying that doctors simply don't drive Pontiacs. He needs something fancier or they won't let him into doctor school. Is that right?

*** I'm being VERY sarcastic of course. I understand what you mean about time and money spent on modding a car versus spent on pursuing a dream. You've made a very difficult choice but it should be very rewarding in the end. Plus, once you have your doctor's income you can afford to mod something even nicer in your free time.

I absolutely love my Grand Am but I've honestly had to consider selling it a few times now because my family is more important to me. Fortunately, other alternatives have worked out and I've been able to take care of my family and keep my car so far. We'll see what the future holds...

' timestamp='1343350616' post='74301']

I got you now, that sort of education is very time consuming.

You know...I never figured you as the type for the medical field.

Lol I haven't figured anyone to be much into the medical field over the internet..

Anywhos that is great that you have chosen to prusue a career in helping other people! Best of luck with your studies!

Im glad you guys get it now. Except the part where I noted the doctor thing was an example. I have no desire to be a doctor. I could have said lawyer, detective, jet fighter pilot, fireman, etc.

Sooo your a stripper? :D

Nice car, back in 09 when they came out with the 9-3 Aero Xwd, I tried to buy one nice dice on that one. Than about a year latter they had another one but that brought crazy money so I didn't get that one either so my dreams of owning a SAAB were crushed lol. They do drive good and have a nice interior, very over engineered like a lot of luxury cars.