Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

aspiringcarguy's 1965 GTO

2018 April
of the Month

• Welcome to Forever Pontiac

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, full of great ideas for Pontiac performance, maintenance, or for peer-to-peer assistance from Professional and DIY mechanics. Also, compete in our Pontiac monthly competitions. Please register if you'd like to take part.

Sign in to follow this  
notallthere

Ms Notallthere's 85 Fiero GT

Just bought the car and dragged it home. All it needs for safety is brakes, tires and exhaust work. Damn solid car for $1500.

005.jpg

032.jpg

001.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Damn fine addition to the family stable of cars dude. Your wife must be a happy camper. V6 or I4? Manual or automajjic tranny? More details and pics when you can bud. What does your wife want you to do to the car besides fixing the brakes and making it drivable?

It is the V6 with the 4 speed muncie. In the future she said she might like the 5 speed getrag, 16 in rims, paint, clean up the interior more, upgrade to the 88 front suspension and keep me out of the drivers seat.

Nice looking Fiero there. Congrats

and keep me out of the drivers seat.

Ouch! Doing the work but don't get the joys? :lol:

Who says I am doing the work? She said she wants to learn. I am forbidden to work on the car without her there. I picked her up pink camo Mechanix gloves and a hat for the shop. Yes there is going to be some stuff that I will have to do but she wants to maintain it.

Kudos to your wife then, by the way you were talking it sounded like she was going to make you do it :lol:

Holy smokin cheap parts batman...... All new rotors, brake lines, pads, bearings, rear calipers............ $300.00

wow, nice!

Nice! :D

the closest my girlfriend ever got to an engine was that particular day when we were in her old Hyundai....

lets just say the engine and her (and I) decided to compromise and meet half way with the help of a Crown Vic.

The drivers seat was stuck and would not move forward or back. It sucks when I am 6'1" and she is 5'7" She pulled the drivers seat out, removed the seat track, got them cleaned, greased and rebuilt. Yes I helped but her hands had more dirt on them then mine.

Damn Haggerty classic car insurance $180.00 for a year for the car. No mileage limitations. Sweet

Nice!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Okay we keep ordering parts and taking some stuff off. I will post pictures when things come together.

Started using POR 15 caliper paint. Much nicer then that of the Duplicolor product.

I did want to say if you have a Fiero the Fiero Store has great customer service and parts.

We did give up on fixing the exhaust and ordered an Ocelot exhaust from the Fiero Store. From what I have seen better performance then that of the stock and the same price.

Like I said pictures to come once things start coming together.

Damn Haggerty classic car insurance $180.00 for a year for the car. No mileage limitations. Sweet

Welcome to the world of agreed value coverage insurance. I pay less than $500 for both the Trans Am and the Lemans since they are both over 20 years old. Any restrictions on when you can drive it (ie. - it has to be stored the winter months in a garage from November to May)? I am with Grundy and the only restrictions I have is it must be garaged (check), it can not be driven to work (double check), it is not a daily driver (check, check and check).

Who says I am doing the work? She said she wants to learn. I am forbidden to work on the car without her there. I picked her up pink camo Mechanix gloves and a hat for the shop. Yes there is going to be some stuff that I will have to do but she wants to maintain it.

Is there a pink tool box in the near future too? Be careful dude, your man cave might be invaded by pink space invaders!!!!

No but a lime green one maybe in order. Damn Sears display. Hagerty was great. No mileage, we can take it places like the mall and on trips, garage stored. This means I need to bust my ass and get the Chevelle further along. She wants it for Woodward. Especially that the Fiero club is on the corner with us.

New brakes on the car front and rear

IMG_1603.jpg

IMG_1604.jpg

Exhaust off of it new to go on.

IMG_1605.jpg

Rusty exhaust is rusty, what muffler you going with?

Ocelot exhaust. They make the only performance exhaust for the Fiero that is reasonably priced.

The Fiero is on the road. Well legally. Now the modifications may begin.

:dancingpontiac: :dancingpontiac: :dancingpontiac: :dancingpontiac: :dancingpontiac: :dancingpontiac: :dancingpontiac: :dancingpontiac:

:dancingpontiac: :dancingpontiac: :dancingpontiac: :dancingpontiac: :dancingpontiac: :dancingpontiac: :dancingpontiac: :dancingpontiac:

A day short and a buck shy.