Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

58Bonne's 1958 Bonneville

2019 June
of the Month

• Welcome to Forever Pontiac

We are a community of Pontiac enthusiasts. The purpose of our community is to keep alive the Pontiac spirit by sharing (or showing off) our cars, discussing Pontiac, helping each other work on our cars and find information, plus attend various meets/shows/etc... To aid discussion, sharing, event planning and selling of parts/cars/anything, we have various parts of the website to aid this from Forums to an online Garage to Classifieds to even a Document Download Repository. You can find links to these in our navigation above based on what each section helps with (discussion, local events, learning, etc...).

We invite you to contribute, find help or just view some of our member's amazing cars! Don't forget, we also have great contests from time to time (like our Pontiac of the Month and yearly calendar contest) and our Pontiac This OR That, a fun game where you choose the best of two randomly selected Pontiacs from our online garage.

We look forward to seeing you around!

Sign in to follow this  
frtaylor9

1/4 Mile times G6 2.4L

what kind of 1/4 mile times will my bone stock 2.4 2007 G6 churn out, some say its a slow 18 sec pass, which would be very disapointing. my 05 2.2 ecotec sunfire with e3 plugs and intake, automatic, ran a 16.30 @84.31 mph, which is a lighter car. Just curious on what I have to work with stock.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Guesstimating from my friend Lizzy's Ecotec powered GA, you'll probably do mid 17's. Lizzy's best is a 17 flat, but with better launches, I know she's capable of breaking into the 16's.

Her GA is modded a bit, intake, exhaust.

what kind of 1/4 mile times will my bone stock 2.4 2007 G6 churn out, some say its a slow 18 sec pass, which would be very disapointing. my 05 2.2 ecotec sunfire with e3 plugs and intake, automatic, ran a 16.30 @84.31 mph, which is a lighter car. Just curious on what I have to work with stock.

anybody got a 2.4L G6 with quarter mile e/t's???

149qzxs.gif

The 2.2L & 2.4L Ecotec is very similar in power. Ghost is the only current 2.4L G6 owner on here IIRC, and he doesn't want to go down the 1/4.

Factoring in the weight and power similarities of the Ecotec powered G6 and Grand Am, my guestimate will be the closest thing you'll get until we get another 2.4L Ecotec powered G6.

I was only trying to provide you with info.

' date='Feb 8 2010, 12:58 AM' post='9464']

149qzxs.gif

The 2.2L & 2.4L Ecotec is very similar in power. Ghost is the only current 2.4L G6 owner on here IIRC, and he doesn't want to go down the 1/4.

Factoring in the weight and power similarities of the Ecotec powered G6 and Grand Am, my guestimate will be the closest thing you'll get until we get another 2.4L Ecotec powered G6.

I was only trying to provide you with info.

yeah your right thanks man

Matt06 does I have his times ill see if he wants to or i can post it is in the 17's though

I figured it would be in teh 17's.

the next Cali meet might be at a drag strip. so hopefully it happens so i can find out. but, ill do it with what i have...rims and subs. or maybe the stock rims.

Time for a 06 G6 2.4L ASA AR1 17'' otherwise stock

he ran

R/t:c.268

60':2.606

330': 7.430

1/8: 11.339

MPH:63.90

1000': 14.672

1/4: 17.522

MPH: 78.36

he ran a better one but dont have the slip

Mid 17's! I called it!

thanks for all the help guys, the sucky part is my car sounds like a turd, it seems to pull pretty good though, but what can I say.

thanks for all the help guys, the sucky part is my car sounds like a turd, it seems to pull pretty good though, but what can I say.

Go drive a 3.5L and your car wont seem to pull anymore. I owned a 2.4L and a 3.5L I thought the same thing. Its pulls pretty decent though

Better yet try a 3.9 or a 3.6 lol. Than again the first time I drove a CTS-v I was all smiles, back in 07 that was the fastest car I had ever driven than I got to drive a 09 CTS-V and that was by far the fastest car I have driven yet.

Yeah, the G6 wasn't designed to be a quarter mile car, it's great for the power when you need to pass people, and handles pretty decent...

moved to official track & dyno...now that we have one. :blink::blink: