Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1/4 Mile times G6 2.4L

what kind of 1/4 mile times will my bone stock 2.4 2007 G6 churn out, some say its a slow 18 sec pass, which would be very disapointing. my 05 2.2 ecotec sunfire with e3 plugs and intake, automatic, ran a 16.30 @84.31 mph, which is a lighter car. Just curious on what I have to work with stock.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Guesstimating from my friend Lizzy's Ecotec powered GA, you'll probably do mid 17's. Lizzy's best is a 17 flat, but with better launches, I know she's capable of breaking into the 16's.

Her GA is modded a bit, intake, exhaust.

what kind of 1/4 mile times will my bone stock 2.4 2007 G6 churn out, some say its a slow 18 sec pass, which would be very disapointing. my 05 2.2 ecotec sunfire with e3 plugs and intake, automatic, ran a 16.30 @84.31 mph, which is a lighter car. Just curious on what I have to work with stock.

anybody got a 2.4L G6 with quarter mile e/t's???

149qzxs.gif

The 2.2L & 2.4L Ecotec is very similar in power. Ghost is the only current 2.4L G6 owner on here IIRC, and he doesn't want to go down the 1/4.

Factoring in the weight and power similarities of the Ecotec powered G6 and Grand Am, my guestimate will be the closest thing you'll get until we get another 2.4L Ecotec powered G6.

I was only trying to provide you with info.

' date='Feb 8 2010, 12:58 AM' post='9464']

149qzxs.gif

The 2.2L & 2.4L Ecotec is very similar in power. Ghost is the only current 2.4L G6 owner on here IIRC, and he doesn't want to go down the 1/4.

Factoring in the weight and power similarities of the Ecotec powered G6 and Grand Am, my guestimate will be the closest thing you'll get until we get another 2.4L Ecotec powered G6.

I was only trying to provide you with info.

yeah your right thanks man

the next Cali meet might be at a drag strip. so hopefully it happens so i can find out. but, ill do it with what i have...rims and subs. or maybe the stock rims.

Time for a 06 G6 2.4L ASA AR1 17'' otherwise stock

he ran

R/t:c.268

60':2.606

330': 7.430

1/8: 11.339

MPH:63.90

1000': 14.672

1/4: 17.522

MPH: 78.36

he ran a better one but dont have the slip

thanks for all the help guys, the sucky part is my car sounds like a turd, it seems to pull pretty good though, but what can I say.

Go drive a 3.5L and your car wont seem to pull anymore. I owned a 2.4L and a 3.5L I thought the same thing. Its pulls pretty decent though

Better yet try a 3.9 or a 3.6 lol. Than again the first time I drove a CTS-v I was all smiles, back in 07 that was the fastest car I had ever driven than I got to drive a 09 CTS-V and that was by far the fastest car I have driven yet.

• 6 months later...