Forums Gone... but not forgotten!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Welcome to Forever Pontiac

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, full of great ideas for Pontiac performance, maintenance, or for peer-to-peer assistance from Professional and DIY mechanics. Also, compete in our Pontiac monthly competitions. Please register if you'd like to take part.

Sign in to follow this  
slimshadee

Brake replacement

Question

Being brief, I have an all original 1966 pontiac Parisienne (Canadian specs with shipping docs) and I really need to change the Brake Booster/ Master Cylinder out. I can't find one on line anywhere so now I'm trying to see if anyone knows (absolutely without a doubt) what car has the exact same fit??? someone told me a Catalina then someone else said the Bonni.... So before I spend the money I would like to know for sure (year, model, etc....)... any true help out there??

6 answers to this question

According to Wikipedia, it's a Bonneville.

http://en.wikipedia....tiac_Parisienne

Added: I read the Wiki a little more and now I'm not so sure anymore. It says that it's related to the Catalina too....

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Frosty, notallthere, JUSTA6 (maybe another 1 or 2) will know. theyll post when they see this.

The Parisienne was the Canadian equivalent of the Bonneville. You need to looks for parts from/for a Bonneville. I believe the Canadian ones are more skinned Chevys than Pontiacs (Like my Phoenix) So you might be better off looking for parts for an Impala, Bel Air, or Caprice, Which are all similar vehicles. You could also try the Olds 88 and the Buick LeSabre.

But yes, basically, your car is a Bonneville.

Parisenne's should have the same booster as the Impalas, Caprices, Catalinas, Bonnevilles as well as the Grand Prixs.

All of the big cars at least. Check the canadianponcho.com as they are smarter then I am.

I agree with notallthere. Canadian Pontiacs of the 60s were more Chevrolet than Pontiac in terms of chassis components. I will check with my buddy, dualquadpete. He lives outside of Toronto too. He owns a '64 Catalina with dual 4-barrels...hence the name.

We were correct, comformation from dualquadpete. I posted your question to him verbatim and his answer is:

You are Correct "sir" all mechanicals are from the Chevrolet!! The Cdn. Pontiacs were just a Chevy in disguise!!!