Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Shakercars's 1972 Trans Am

2019 August
of the Month

• Welcome!

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, full of great ideas for Pontiac performance, maintenance, or for peer-to-peer assistance from Professional and DIY mechanics. Also, compete in our Pontiac monthly competitions. Please register if you'd like to take part.

this started about 1-2 weeks ago. it is the driver side rear speaker. when i turn on the car (the stereo is still off) the speaker makes noise. its not like a staticy noise. its kinda more like wrinkling paper noise with a very small amount of static noise or other noise mixed in. i havent done anything different nor have i changed anything. its a 2006 G6.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Hmmm, could be a blown speaker, where the surround might be separated from the cone and they rub when your speaker moves...

hhmm...forgot the possibility of a blown speaker. i hardly put them through much.

mine does the same thing afer it rains sometimes cuz of the bane of my existence sun roof leak. I just cant get the dam thing to stop leaking and the same speaker gets mosture on it and makes a simalar sound till it dries off.

mine does the same thing afer it rains sometimes cuz of the bane of my existence sun roof leak. I just cant get the dam thing to stop leaking and the same speaker gets mosture on it and makes a simalar sound till it dries off.

Damn yours gets your speakers? The worst mine does is wet seat belts.

I think its cuz my windows fog up inside and mosture get on everything. but who knows is just such a PITA! My first project this summer is to take the headliner out and fix it once and for all!

:lol2: ya thanks guys for making my thread all about you. ;) jk.

crackling paper noise is usually a blown speaker. At least thats what it was in my mom's old Corsica

Its funny cuz mine goes away after the car warms up and some days it just doesnt do it.

Its funny cuz mine goes away after the car warms up and some days it just doesnt do it.

Factory speakers will do that when wet, as they usually are a cheap cardboard-like material... check you speakers though Ghost, you might have to replace them :willy_nilly:

Guest GA_Girl2002

sense we are talking about speakers-i had aftermarket ones put in & they take like 5 mintues to kick in, when i start my car only the front ones will work & eventually the rear speakers will kick in....

is it supposed to do that?

loose wire maybe?

im gunna have to go with a blown speaker. that would be the most possible thing that makes that same noise.

jus an update, i havent heard any noises while starting up the car any more. havent for a while. and i didnt do anything to it.

wow your car is that new and has leaky sunroof problems???