Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

The 5 just got so much better!!!!

I just finished getting my suspension fully upgraded sans the shocks and struts. I have fe5 LCA's, 24mm front sway bar, Turbotech Racing rear sway bar, moog endinks, and Canuck Motorsports Lowering springs!!!!

Alright here it is. I'll start with the sway bar pic

IMAG0715.jpg

And now for the good stuff:

IMAG0716.jpg

IMAG0717.jpg

Front:

IMAG0718.jpg

Rear:

IMAG0719.jpg

IMAG0720.jpg

IMAG0721.jpg

IMAG0722.jpg

I love it so much!!!!!!! It drives and rides sooooooo much better than it did on the stock Fe1 parts. I think the ride height is perfect and my car looks a lot better this way. The handling is the best; it doesn't have all of the body roll when turning. It actually corners pretty flat and is very composed.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd be amazed at the size of the 35mm swaybar I'll be running on my car soon :lol: It's gonna be paired up with a 22mm rear bar. BEEFY!

Clean car, ride height is better yet still seems livable!

You'd be amazed at the size of the 35mm swaybar I'll be running on my car soon :lol: It's gonna be paired up with a 22mm rear bar. BEEFY!

Clean car, ride height is better yet still seems livable!

Wow it will be nearly impossible for the car to lean while taking corners HAHA!

3 in the front 3 in the back yeah buddy.

damn those things ride high stock.. springs will probably settle a litle bit

They ride very high stock. My car was much higher than my boss' 09 civic si and my friend's new Forte. Now it's lower than both. :D

• 1 month later...

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I had fun today. I clay barred, polished, and waxed the 5. I have to say, I am a HUGE fan of car buffers. I also need to remember sun block next time......OW.

From inside my apartment building:

IMAG0756.jpg

IMAG0757.jpg

And the good stuff!!!

IMAG0758.jpg

IMAG0759.jpg

IMAG0760.jpg

IMAG0761.jpg

It almost looks new again!!!!!!!!!

Looks clean! Nice job! But you parked it near so many puddles!! :willy_nilly:

Couldn't help it. It rained earlier in the day and the parking lot is really crappy lol. Plus it was the only spot for a plug in for my car buffer!!!

Yep, that parking lot reminds me of home (Minnesota). Those winters with the salt and everything and then the heat in the summer, destroy parking lots. I'm glad I don't have to deal with that out here in Cali... Just crappy roads. haha

Most older cars are. They make you buy the block heaters as an option these days haha!! The newer cars don't really need block heaters though. I had to have a the dealer install one in mine because I figured I would need it, but I haven't really used it. My old 1993 Accord wouldn't start in the morning, during the winter, if it wasn't plugged in.

' timestamp='1343492025' post='74329']

Wait...outlets in parking spots...

Are most cars out there equipped with block heaters?

Yeah, that's when you know it gets that cold out, when your car won't start unless it was plugged in lol

• 2 weeks later...

Well today was fun!!! I got to install my backup camera and replace my bluetooth microphone with one that actually works.

I got a cheap camera from Best Buy, it was almost free after I got some rewards certificates.

Camera:

IMAG0770.jpg

And......it works

IMAG0769.jpg

Just to make this easier on anyone else who wants to add this. You can have it wired properly (purple reverse gear wire to reverse light, camera powered by an ACC switched wire and then grounded to the car) but still make a mistake when plugging in the RCA cable lol.

I spent most of the time scratching my head because I couldn't get the camera to turn on when I put the car in reverse but I could turn it in manually.

Note: Vin is not the right RCA connection, you need to use the RCA plug HAHA!!!

Also, I can't wait for my leather center arm rest and e-brake boot to get here next week. It's going to tie the leather interior together.

• Founders

Screen may appear reversed? :lol:

Nice work though. I really like the backup camera on the Camaro. Most people don't really care for them but it's really helpful when backing into a parking spot

Screen may appear reversed? :lol:

Nice work though. I really like the backup camera on the Camaro. Most people don't really care for them but it's really helpful when backing into a parking spot

Ya, its just a warning because the cheap cameras reverse the image. It's to help protect them from lawsuits. I thought the rearview camera was kinda cool so I tried it. I also like working with electronics so it was fun to install.

Sent from my freakin HTC Rezound!!!!

The leather E-brake boot and armrest cover came in today!!!!!!!!!! I love the look. If only the seats had matching red stitching haha. The armrest is so much more comfortable with the extra padding. Thanks REDLINEGOODS!!!!!!

IMAG0773.jpg

IMAG0774.jpg

IMAG0775.jpg

IMAG0776.jpg

IMAG0777.jpg