Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

RSS Report: KKK moves to adopt Georgia highway, controversy ensues

Ringo64

• Founders

Filed under: Etc., Government/Legalkkk-highway.jpg

Our constitutional rights are often a double-edged sword. While we're happy to live under the protection of a government that encourages our rights to assemble and free speech, it can be somewhat more difficult to accept groups who hold starkly different views from our own. Legislators in Georgia are learning that first hand. The state is currently debating whether or not to accept an application from the Ku Klux Klan to adopt a section of highway near the North Carolina state line. Other groups have already begun petitioning the state to deny the application.

But if Georgia turns down the KKK, it may face a lengthy and expensive legal battle it will likely ultimately lose. The group says it just wants to clean up the road, but a state congressman has said the move is more about rebuilding the KKK's brand image. Something tells us that will take more than picking up litter on the side of the road.

Even so, the KKK has said it will pursue legal action if denied, and that it will seek out the help of the American Civil Liberties Union to do so. The KKK recently won a similar case against the state of Missouri.

KKK moves to adopt Georgia highway, controversy ensues originally appeared on Autoblog on Tue, 12 Jun 2012 19:29:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.<h6 style="clear: both; padding: 8px 0 0 0; height: 2px; font-size: 1px; border: 0; margin: 0; padding: 0;"></h6>Permalink | Email this | Comments

di</img>

di</img>

autoblog?i=AfD8-faMjj8:4mH3671QFeg:wF9xT3WuBAs</img> autoblog?i=AfD8-faMjj8:4mH3671QFeg:V_sGLiPBpWU</img>AfD8-faMjj8

/>http://feeds.autoblog.com/~r/weblogsinc/autoblog/~3/AfD8-faMjj8/

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

It's just a highway... What's the big deal? OMG KKK WANTS TO CLEAN??? So? What is the difference between that and the polar opposite of it; LGBT adopts a highway and that ends up promoting their name. What's the difference then? Both have large parties against each group.

I say let them clean the highway.

Sent from my mind using telekinesis.

It's just a highway... What's the big deal? OMG KKK WANTS TO CLEAN??? So? What is the difference between that and the polar opposite of it; LGBT adopts a highway and that ends up promoting their name. What's the difference then? Both have large parties against each group.

I say let them clean the highway.

Sent from my mind using telekinesis.

This. They're actually doing something decent.

But seriously, you think these guys are racist and bad? These guys aren't even the worst, not even close.

I know recently the KKK want to change their image. They are going from the angle of white pride, history and equality. I do not know if it will help but at least it is a move in the right direction for such a hated organization.