Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What did you drive before your Pontiac?

Roadwarrior

• 1 month later...

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st - 1965 Mustang Coupe

959059405.jpg?1187046438

2nd - 1994 Camaro V6 Coupe

DSC00956.jpg

3rd - 1998 Cadillac Seville STS

Caddyfiltered2.jpg

4th - 1998 Camaro Z28 Hardtop

z286js0.jpg

5th - 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD

ZJ_6.jpg

6th & Current - 2005 Grand Prix GTP Comp G

compg1.jpg

1st car 1989 Chevy Corsica

2nd car 1987 Audi Quatro

3rd 1992 Buick Century

... 1989 Pontiac Trans Am GTA

..1991 Chevy Caprice

.1996 Chevy Camaro Z28

.1996 GMC Jimmy

0221.jpg

0277.jpg

.2006 Chevy Impala

0225.jpg

.2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ

0239.jpg

.2007 Chevy Avalance LTZ

0248.jpg

.2007 Chevy Silverado 3LT

02148.jpg

.2007 Chevy Silverado Hybrid

0263.jpg

.2008 Chevy Malibu LTZ

02136.jpg

.2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

02326.jpg

.2006 Pontiac Torrent

02341.jpg

That's 8 cars since the 2006 model year! :D

my first car was my 98 sunfire, the gold/black one, i miss that car alot ever since i sold it, but i moved on to a newer and better sunfire

Picture017.jpg

My first car, which my father purchased for me (as a surprise) when I was 12, was my 88 Fiero. Her name is "Yellow Car" (creative, I know) and I still have her. We are actually transferring her into my name in the new year! I almost traded my dad the Fiero for his Aztek, but despite the Aztek's functionality (and AWD) I love my little girl too much.

Fiero.jpg

My cell phone's background:

600433021_2139892337_0.jpg

When I was 16 I moved to CA with my mom for a year. My dad didn't think I should drive the Fiero all the way out there from WI, and my grandpa thought I needed a "more reliable" car anyway, so they decided to help me buy a new car. Thus, "Xena" was born. Xe is the love of my life, I'm telling you. I have too much fun with this car.

Fresh off the trailer:

carr.jpg

My car club's October cruise:

GMTewnersAchtowber2010091.jpg

Cell phone picture of her ferry ride:

600432486_2139890223_0.jpg

Two winters ago I bought an 87 Sunbird hatchback, aptly named "Quarantine". This was the most POS car in the universe but I loved her. I sold her in the spring to a guy who was planning on swapping in a V8 and converting her to the same generation Cavalier. I want another one some day, but maybe not as crappy and maybe to restore instead of try to drive in the winter.

the_hatch009.jpg

the_hatch011.jpg

• 1 month later...

my fiero was the first car that i ever bought. but over the years i have had a couple that i drove. thankfuly i never crashed. lol my step dad tought me how to drive when i was 12. the first car i ever drove was a 1994 ford explorer. (Green) when i was 13, my brother put it on its side in field doing 360's in a top heavy truck, dumb ass. lol the next car i drove was a 1988 honda accord Lxi 5-speed. it had a h22a in it. That is one of the fastest engins made by honda. lol that thing would friggin move! :D my brother and i was going down corridor-x (in alabama), i was driving, i hit fourth gear and wasnt paying attention to the speed-o-meter. i knew i was flying tho lol. the speed-o-meter had 130 on it. when i hit 5th gear, i looked down, and the needle had wraped back around to 35! Scared the crap out of me lol.the next thing i drove was a 1994 baretta. it had a turboed 3800 v6. idont know how lol it was in it when i got it. it would hit around 70 in a 8th of amile drag track (with my brother behind the wheel lol). coming home from work one night, my brother ran it hot and cracket the head, dumb ass. the next car i drove was a 1993 nissan altima 5-speed (black primer). it had a 16valve 4banger in it. it was actually pretty quick. lol my mon never new i drove it. thats because it was hers! some times she would ride into work with a friend and left me the keys for "emergencies". lol big mistake mom. one night i was on a long straight on a back road at 120 mph. a deer ran out in front of me. so i did what my brother told me to do, i aimed for the ass lol. the driver side mirror was then removed by the deers ass. :lol2: it scared me to death but it was still funny. mom found out about my taking the car out and, well that was the end of that lol. the next thing i drove was a 1976 ford f 100 custom cab short wheel base, three on the tree. bell just rung lol ill finish this post later

ok im back lol had to go to the library. anyways the f 100 was the hardest to learn to drive. it had a 5.0 out of a 93 mustang gt fast back and mustang exhaust. i could take it out in the road and fill the bed up with smoke lol but my brother was apparently trying to "drift" in a horse pasture, and wraped the bed around a tree. not just any tree, it was the only damn tree out there, dumb ass. the next car i got was a 1994 honda accord. automatic nothing special. kinda slow. so i sold it. lol. after that, mom bought a 1998 Mitsubishi 3000gt. i loved that car. it made the 88 accord i was talkin about look like a friggin ugo lol. :lol2: it was a 5-speed but it wasnt the v-r4. it would still run like a bat outa hell tho. it hit 98 mph on a 8th of a mile track. but my mom knows nothing about cars so when the TIMING BELT BROKE, she LET a mechanic talk her into TRADING it for a friggin 1993 nissan pathfinder se! i dont think i have ever been that pissed lol. bell rung again lol. ill finnish tomorrow

ok i may be able to finnaly finnish my post lol. when mom got the pathfinder, i drove it more than she did. i scared the crap out of her ond day lol i got it sideways comming out of a gas station. another time, i was sitting at a red light and got bored. so i tried to power brake the truck and to my suprize, it worked. lol about amonth after we got the pathfinder, my brother hit a z71 at the gas station. he didnt hit it hard it just caved the passenger door in, dumb ass. so any ways, he ran. and, the chevy followed him. when my brother reallized that he was being followed, he shaged ass back to curry. on the way, the z71 started to catch up and my brother was behind another car going up a hill that you cant see over. he decided to pass the car and when he toped the hill, he saw head lights. luckly he missed the head on collision, but unfourtunatly, it was a friggin state trooper. my brother looked in the rearview and saw blue lights. but lol the z71 finally backed off. Jeffery, my brother, turned the head lights off and turned into the next drive way. it was like 12:00 am and the truck was a dark maroon color so he couldnt be seen. durring all this, my brother hit a big speed bump at close to 80 mph. he broke two motor mounts and the driveshaft for the 4wd fell out from under it. after mom raised hell for about three weeks, she traded it in as a down payment on a 2006 pontiac grand prix. that was the first pontiac i ever drove. that little car would move too lol. at the time, mom and my step dad was owners of a detail shop called spit shine car care. when they ran into financial problems, the car got repoed. thats when i decided to get my own car. so i called my dad and got him to bring my dirt bike that i had for 4 years to me. i sold it for $400 and whent straight to the jusnk yard. thats where i found "Big Bird" ( my yellow 1988 pontiac fiero) it cranked up at the junk yard but since then its been a yard onament. my fiero is now up for sell for $500. som body is supposed to come see it today and if they get it, im going to buy my buddies 1993 Nissan 240sx notch back 5-speed. and thats where i am now lol i just cant wait to get that nissan!

My first car was this beat-up '88 Mercury Tracer 5-speed. It didn't last very long though.

MercuryTracer.jpg

Then I purchased my 1995 Grand Am in July 2001, a car I never intend on parting with.

August 2005, I purchased a 1982 Chevrolet Malibu Classic for a daily driver (I miss that car so much), purchased a 1985 BMW 325e in November 2007 (never drove it, has been sitting since grrr). Then bought a 1981 Volvo 244 DL in May 2008 (now gone), used it while I was doing the 5-speed swap on the Grand Am. And finally bought my 1999 GMC Yukon SLT and have been daily driving it since August 2009.

• Founders

lol i know right? i sold my fiero today for $500. The guy has a 383 stoker motor he is putting in it! so now im goin first thing in the morning to get that 240sx

:lol2:

August 2005, I purchased a 1982 Chevrolet Malibu Classic for a daily driver (I miss that car so much), purchased a 1985 BMW 325e in November 2007 (never drove it, has been sitting since grrr). Then bought a 1981 Volvo 244 DL in May 2008 (now gone), used it while I was doing the 5-speed swap on the Grand Am. And finally bought my 1999 GMC Yukon SLT and have been daily driving it since August 2009.

What's the issue with the BMW?

Ok saw this thread thought id jump in. My first car was a 86 camaro i drove it about once or twice but it was a piecce of junk ended up sellin it. Next i used the money from my camaro to buy a 91 grand am from my parents drove it for a while till after graduation i think. Two years later i bought a 89 camaro rs convertable that i intended to fix up real nice moved fro my hometown of richmond, In to KY and a few years latter was ran off the road by some jerk in a big ford truck, anyway it tore up the bottom of the car. I lost intrest in the car and again bought a grand am off my parents this time it was a 95 i think, i ended up having that car until about 1 year after i got married it finally give up my wife got a ford taurus that we drove around till the year my youngest daughter was born. I then took my tax return and bought a 95 camaro, drove it until about 2 years ago when i traded my camaro to a guy for my wife to get a chevy van. then took the tax check again and went lookin for a classic car to fix up almost got a 73 corvette but was 2 days late on that deal. then found the 73 lemans in Tennessee and something about it just said "buy me" so i went and checked it out liked what i saw and bought it.

• Founders

Ok saw this thread thought id jump in. My first car was a 86 camaro i drove it about once or twice but it was a piecce of junk ended up sellin it. Next i used the money from my camaro to buy a 91 grand am from my parents drove it for a while till after graduation i think. Two years later i bought a 89 camaro rs convertable that i intended to fix up real nice moved fro my hometown of richmond, In to KY and a few years latter was ran off the road by some jerk in a big ford truck, anyway it tore up the bottom of the car. I lost intrest in the car and again bought a grand am off my parents this time it was a 95 i think, i ended up having that car until about 1 year after i got married it finally give up my wife got a ford taurus that we drove around till the year my youngest daughter was born. I then took my tax return and bought a 95 camaro, drove it until about 2 years ago when i traded my camaro to a guy for my wife to get a chevy van. then took the tax check again and went lookin for a classic car to fix up almost got a 73 corvette but was 2 days late on that deal. then found the 73 lemans in Tennessee and something about it just said "buy me" so i went and checked it out liked what i saw and bought it.

Wow cool story, sucks about the Camaros though :nuts: . Sounds like you ended up at a great spot with the Lemans!

Sounds like your parnets like grand ams too! lol

1. 94 Buick Park Ave. All Leather, digital cluster, you name it.

2. 96 Mercury Sable wagon. Digital Cluster burnt back seats, and clear coat was coming off so perfect it made it look like racing strips from far away.

3. 98 Chevy Malibu Pearl White, 3.1 V6. My baby got totalled and got my current Grand Am. I have pics of the malibu after it got totalled, i will scan them (and the other car) on here.