Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Catch a Rare Glimpse of GM Milford Proving Ground this Weekend

GMMilfordProvingGrounds.jpg

The famed General Motors Milford Proving Ground is something like hallowed ground to an automotive enthusiast, like an American muscle Taj Mahal just outside of Detroit.

Prototypes zoom around miles of track and near-production vehicles undergo crash testing inside the world’s oldest automotive testing facility. The seventh-generation Corvette is rumored to make appearances on the 4,000 acres of test track from time to time.

Access is strictly limited, but this weekend, GM will offer an unprecedented look inside the Milford Proving Ground to kick off the 2012 Hot Rod Magazine Power Tour. Chevrolet will proudly show off their recent SEMA stars like the Camaro Hot Wheels car, COPO Camaro drag car and Sonic Boom show car.

“This is a great opportunity for enthusiasts to get a glimpse behind the curtain at GM and for us to get in touch with our performance customers,” said Jim Campbell, U.S. vice president of Chevrolet Vehicles & Motorsports.

GM is rolling out the red carpet for the Power Tour because it boasts one of the strongest followings of any automotive event in the country. More than 3,000 vehicles and 12,000 fans will be on hand to celebrate the beginning of the week-long drive. Cars of all shapes, sizes, makes and model years will then caravan from Milford with stops in Champaign, IL., Stillwater, Okla., And finally finishing in Arlington, Texas on June 8.

Plenty of vintage and concept cars will be presented to greet the Power Tour at the Proving Grounds, to both celebrate GM’s past and tease their future. But they’re also taking to the streets with the rest of the gang. Chevrolet Performance have entered 14 cars in the Power Tour caravan, with an exciting mix of powerful, stylish and eclectic vehicles for fans to enjoy at each stop.

New muscle like the 2012 Camaro ZL1 and Corvette ZR1 Indianapolis 500 Pace Car will both participate in the Power Tour, alongside a Caprice Police Patrol Vehicle and Sonic five-door. There will also be a few blasts from the past, with an updated 1953 Suburban making 665 horsepower and a 1970 Chevelle designed in tandem with Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Visit HotRod.com/2012/powertour/ to learn more about the Power Tour.

www.automedia.com

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

This place is soooo cool. Was able to drive my Sunbird on the road course and the banked oval for a open house back for GM's 75th anniversary. I was invited by a test driver friend who had to ride with me. Also was able to tour the testing/prototype buildings as well. Had every intention of making it this weekend to the Power tour and was invited to display the Sunbird with the Sta-bil rig. Can't afford insurance on both Hot rods right now. A-ho's N elbows on the GTO to try and make it over there. It's only 20 min from my house. 1st leg only, not headin to Grand Rapids.

Weather/work permitting I plan to drive up from FWA's FS NGT Project to attend the Power Tour kick-off.

I've been offered tickets to attend the Belle Aisle Grand Prix race this weekend too.

I plan/hope to catch/attend both em, PT @ MPG on Saturday, Indy Racing on Sunday!

:driving:

= kick a$$ weekend. Have fun in the MOTOR city.

I am bumming. I wanted to do the Power Tour kick off and run to Grand Rapids this weekend. Instead, the wife and I bought a house this spring and now we are in the total throws and thrashing/trashing the house in a process called "moving". So I am screwed yet again this year with Power Tour. I might have some luck sticking my head in the Sins of Steel car show at Davisburg tomorrow. It is a classic hot rod show - limited to pre-'63 cars and hot rods, similar rules to Billetproof. My CNC cut metal supplier, Speedcult, will be there. I need to pick up more Pontiac related stuff.

The last time I was in Milford was to tour the circle track (they didn't let us on it), Black Lake (the big square are in the middle of the circle track - which is 64 square acres of paved cement covered in ashpalt), and the EMI (electro-magnetic interference) Lab. It seems Black Lake has its share of bird kill. The shimmer of heat coming off the ashpalt makes birds think it is a real lake and they dive into, head first like they normally would. Duh!

The weather ain't looking to promising for tomorrow...

As my freshly painted frame N undercarrage has not seen dirt yet. I'm not gonna take er down my dirt/mudd roads this weekend. Looks like the constant rain we have had here all day, will continue through the weekend. We need a fustrated/angry smiley.

Heard the Proving grounds power tour stop was awesome. Saw some pic's posted N fantastic cars. So bummed I missed it. Was watching the news for some coverage, but everything was Detroit Gran Prix. Looks like the place to be for today. Lots going on today.

YEP - Banner Day for Chevrolets in both Rolex Series Classes in Inaugural GRAND-AM Race @ Belle Isle

ChevyCorvetteDetroitBelleIsleGrandPrix.jpg

Joao Barbosa avoided the pitfalls that sidelined his chief competitors, then completed a nifty pass of Action Express Racing teammate David Donohue with 19 laps left to win Saturday's Chevrolet GRAND-AM Detroit 200 at Belle Isle.

www.grand-am.com

Ya had to remind me of what I missed.

Looks like fun. Gonna make it next year.

Tired of these Ads? Purchase Enhanced Membership today to remove them!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.