Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

RSS Report: Ford watching Europe's reaction to Mustang in new ads

Ringo64

• Founders

Filed under: Coupe, Europe, Marketing/Advertising, Ford, UKmustangeuropego-further.jpg

Ford doesn't sell its Mustang in Europe, but that hasn't stopped fans from the UK to Poland from figuring out ways to procure one. The Mustang is playing a part in Ford's "

" ad campaign - which showcases the global portfolio and is aimed at changing perceptions by being discreet with Ford branding - and that gets air time in Europe.

As for featuring a car that Europeans can't buy in its commercials, the company told Autocar, "We are very proud of all these products and are interested to see what European consumers, who may not be familiar with these models, think of them." Ford says it's watching European reaction to "Go Further" and will "carefully examine" what the campaign might highlight as a profitable opportunity.

Ultimately, that's a bit of non-promissory boilerplate that stands for, "We've got a guy on it, we'll let you know if he comes up with anything," but at least it's more official recognition of the Mustang's European favor. Ford's embrace of social media is well established, so if Europeans want the Mustang to show up in Ford delaers over there, now could be the time to beat the Facebook drums even louder.

Ford watching Europe's reaction to Mustang in new ads originally appeared on Autoblog on Sun, 27 May 2012 12:03:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.<h6 style="clear: both; padding: 8px 0 0 0; height: 2px; font-size: 1px; border: 0; margin: 0; padding: 0;"></h6>Permalink | Email this | Comments

di</img>

di</img>

autoblog?i=9zpu0oA1XrU:EgY5q6rwe0U:wF9xT3WuBAs</img> autoblog?i=9zpu0oA1XrU:EgY5q6rwe0U:V_sGLiPBpWU</img>9zpu0oA1XrU

/>http://feeds.autoblog.com/~r/weblogsinc/autoblog/~3/9zpu0oA1XrU/

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I saw plenty of Mustangs in Germany that were brought over by military members. The locals didn't seem all that impressed since Europe has perfected the at of getting more power out of smaller engines. The Mustang's fuel economy will probably deter most buyers and those that can afford the fuel, will likely drive a BMW or Merc instead. It would be a nice publicity stunt but I doubt they'd sell many Mustangs. Now if Ford built a small 4-cylinder turbocharged Mustang that ran on diesel...that could sell decently but American Mustang fans would probably hate on Ford for it.

Funny enough, my Grand Am GT was often mistakenly called a Mustang by various auto places I'd visit. Just shows that few of them really cared much about Mustangs. Older muscle cars were well liked but the newer stuff was mostly ignored. In Germany, they prefer mostly Euro or Japanese cars.

• Founders

I saw plenty of Mustangs in Germany that were brought over by military members. The locals didn't seem all that impressed since Europe has perfected the at of getting more power out of smaller engines. The Mustang's fuel economy will probably deter most buyers and those that can afford the fuel, will likely drive a BMW or Merc instead. It would be a nice publicity stunt but I doubt they'd sell many Mustangs. Now if Ford built a small 4-cylinder turbocharged Mustang that ran on diesel...that could sell decently but American Mustang fans would probably hate on Ford for it.

Funny enough, my Grand Am GT was often mistakenly called a Mustang by various auto places I'd visit. Just shows that few of them really cared much about Mustangs. Older muscle cars were well liked but the newer stuff was mostly ignored. In Germany, they prefer mostly Euro or Japanese cars.

Agree with you. Especially on the fact that all the Stang fan boys will flip on anything less than a V6 going in a Mustang or anything less than a V8 being the "read deal" if you know what I mean. Just like there is already people flipping out about the 6th Gen Camaros doing away with V8s and going toward turbo'd V6s.

In this day and age, turbo 4 cylinders can outperform V8's. Only here and Australia are where the big car, RWD V8 platform is favored. Europe's taste in what makes a fun car is quite the opposite of what the average American thinks.

I'd love to see a twin turbo V6 Mustang.

yeah but 4 cylinders sound like shit. I can't get over how annoying the exhaust sounds unless done right. V6s are okay but still don't compare to the sexy-ass throaty rumble of a V8. Like my 305 can be outperformed by my dad frickin' 4banger Equinox but I don't care because it sounds like a shit when it accelerates. You have to remember that sound can be a factor.

• Founders

yeah but 4 cylinders sound like shit. I can't get over how annoying the exhaust sounds unless done right. V6s are okay but still don't compare to the sexy-ass throaty rumble of a V8.

That is one of the properties of why I'm against not having a V8 in a "muscle" or pony car

That is one of the properties of why I'm against not having a V8 in a "muscle" or pony car

Yep, if you want performance, you don't have to drop money on a "muscle"/pony car. Get something else. I mean a muscle/pony 4banger or v6? What is that shit?

as Chris said, just get a turboed V6 or 4banger.

Not all four cylinders sound like poo. Have you heard boosted, high HP 4's? Sound is a matter of taste, sure...but performance trumps a simple exhaust note. Fast is fast.

Not to mention, how could you hate on the sound of boosted flat fours? I'd happily rock a Subie.

Well, I have a 2002 Saab 9-5 Aero with the 2.3L turbo and while it has more Hp than my GAGT, I still love the sound of my GA (with the SLP catback) over the Saab. I'm not sure if the aftermarket exhasut to a stock one is really comparable but I don't think that an aftermarket exhaust on the Saab would sound as good as the SLP anyway. The GAGT is my baby, the Saab is my DD.

Personally, I would prefer a V8 muscle car for Hp over a boosted 4-cylinder. The V6 GAGT is just my "poor man's muscle" until I can afford a G8 or the new Chevy variant of that. Love those large Hp 4-doors yet...