Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Hey everyone, I'm the Nightrider.

l_2d269213c17042229363413eb09b396e.jpg

l_980743f7261f4b1d82ea7de7bbb707b4.jpg

l_1725fbf68fb5410e9f648a96580c76c3.jpg

l_2bf72ec05e2d41ca9fffbc7a5c40d65a.jpg

l_df00d49f672145fb9c3e9c09c0382cdc.jpg

Tell me what you think. I'm nowhere near done with this project. But feedback is always appreciated. I've got many plans for this car, from a flex-fiber wide body kit... To a 3400 V6 motor. Already owned, I just need a mechanic that really knows his stuff. As far as wiring goes. Fabrication is fairly minimal with that swap.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sorry man....but Im not a fan, too ricey for my taste. I dont really like the 8" tach, but I like your taillights. Looks a lot like these cars I saw last year at a car show....

IMG_2767.jpg

IMG_2771.jpg

But if your happy....go with it!!! :wacko:

Welcome to the site! I like the wheels, but not a fan of the kit.

Totally do an LA1 swap! Those motors have a decent aftermarket, and take well to boost.

Check out www.wot-tech.com for go fast goodies on the LA1 motor.

Oh yeah, she's on bags from Easystreetair.com. :agreed: As far as the 3400's mods... I've already checked out wot-tech.com, I've ordered and received one of their upper intake manifolds. I've got many plans for this Pontiac. I intend when I'm done for it to be Vermont's most unique Sunfire. I'm nowhere near finished. I have body panels to replace, paint, and my motor work still yet to be done. Then I'm going to fully redo my interior. I've already made it custom in there but I want to make it kick ass custom. Lastly will come the sound system. I'm doing a full back seat replacement speaker box from RK Sport. :lol2:

Im sorry man....but Im not a fan, too ricey for my taste. I dont really like the 8" tach, but I like your taillights. Looks a lot like these cars I saw last year at a car show....

I don't believe that's an 8" tach... Maybe 4". And what is to, "Ricey"? What does that even mean? People pick on J-Body tuners, and make up names for them... But what about all the Subi or Honda tuners. Do they have dumb nick names? I think if you're a tuner then you're a tuner not a branch off of it with some made up name from people that dislike what you decided to tune. That's the whole reason I went with Sunfire. It's a good looking car with the right curves and no one around where I live would ever tune one. So I'm unique and wouldn't have it any other way. By the way I'm not offended I just don't get how someone on a Pontiac forum could have anything against a fellow Pontiac owners ride, that's all.

i do like body kits cuz im a die hard tuner just not a fan of the kit as well. great job on the car though. no matter what your taste is, as long as you do a good CLEAN job on your car, who cares what everyone else says.

one of my old car club presidents went with the blitz body kit. here is a pic of it. 6693580030_large.jpg

i didn't like it myself but you are right. the sunfire has those curves just like the 2g eclipse has.

as long as you keep at what you like, im sure your car will come out just right. btw, thats a 5" tach. :P did you have any problems wiring it to adjust out of the 6cyl 8cyl RPM range? i know you can adjust the wiring to read off of your ignition for a 4cyl but can't tell what brand that is.

and ;)

oh and btw, i wouldn't suggest a wide body kit. it kills the nice curves and features of the sunfire. i never liked wide bodies on J-bodies.

;) and glad to see another fellow tuner here! :cheers: Don't worry about other people, if you love your ride, then that's all that matters! Some people will never understand it, just like some people don't get math or physics, it's just human nature :woot:

^^^So I guess you use math and physics a lot? Is that why you chose the spoiler you have? ha ha j/k

**you know a big fat intercooler would look fricken awsome on your sunfire** :wink:

Don't worry about other people, if you love your ride, then that's all that matters! Some people will never understand it...

:agreed: im gonna do a certain mod that i havent mentioned but someone else has had the idea and was shot down cuz of it. im still gonna do it.

Yeah...just do it!! No matter if its rice o roni or not.

There are a bunch of riced out G6s in my area....I was going to stop by and chat with a couple of them, but I decided not to. I might get the RICE-ITIS.... :agreed:

^^^So I guess you use math and physics a lot? Is that why you chose the spoiler you have? ha ha j/k

**you know a big fat intercooler would look fricken awsome on your sunfire** :wink:

:lol2::lol2: Sort of, the spoiler is to help stabilize the car in El Paso, TX, where the winds are notorious for throwing cars two lanes over :agreed: And it also compliments the look I'm going for ;)

Yeah...just do it!! No matter if its rice o roni or not.

There are a bunch of riced out G6s in my area....I was going to stop by and chat with a couple of them, but I decided not to. I might get the RICE-ITIS.... ;)

:pics_NOW: and don't hate on the tuners :D

enuff please about the rice stuff! You dont like his ride dont hit the reply button thats all its easy. :dancingpontiac:

I think he has done a great job and not too over done and with the right paint job it will look awesome!

:dancingpontiac:

Just take the good with the bad. I've gotten crap on forums for just having a modded GA. That's the double edged sword that is the Internet forum. Just take the bad with a grain of salt. I know I do.