Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

The Ranting Thread

Killiger2009

• Founders

So I went and signed up for Kung Fu class, dropped like 218 bucks for uniforms and first month of membership now I get my fucking work schedule which is precisely when i need to be off, now im going to be out all this money and look like a dumbass

fucking hate my job

Ouch that sucks! Especially spending all that money and probably now not ever see a dime go to use. Could always try and sell your stuff to someone else at a discounted price, hopefully get some money back.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Founders

As long as you thought it was good, that's all that matters. Sometimes people will misdirect their attitudes towards people they weren't intended for :agreed:

• Founders

Well I got another parking rant to add to our pile...

I usually park far away from anyone when I'm at school because hell I don't trust anyone because it seems everyone either drives a luxury vehicle or a POS and either way they don't care about it because they have the money to fix it or its a POS so who cares. Thus I park in the furthest and unpopulated parking garage on the second floor where there are literally THOUSANDS of open spots not to mention 2 more floors to park on.

Yesterday I come out after my lab to find that some asshole with a Honda parked over the line and was like 2 inches away from my passenger door. I look all around, thank god no dents, scratches or anything but I still wrote the a hole a note saying "Hey Jackass, It's between the lines, not on top of them!!!" then I left hoping the driver will see the note and think next time they park.

Today, I park in my same spot which is no where near the stairs so no one will park next to me, NOPE! Come out after my test to find thousands of open parking spots (even next to the stairs!!!!) and some jackass in a Nissan Xterra to park right next to me. Not only did he park next to me but he parked majorly crooked and made it had as hell for me to back up the way I wanted let alone see if any cars were coming from that way.

Honestly what is going through these peoples minds when they see a car parked away from everything and they park next to it, not only park next to it but park like a complete jackass!!! I chose to park far away cause I don't want these assholes to park next to me that don't care about shit yet they still do. This is gonna be the next note I give if it happens again:

"Hey Jackass,

This is your warning if you park like this again you might not have any tires when you come back!!

Thank you,

A person who doesn't drive a POS"

im with u on that one and with FORDing hit and runs gargage trying to charge me over 520 dollars to fix the bumper wtf one said were just goin to do the one area not the whole thing and charged the most like wtf 568 FORD u dude and im sick of doing bad on my FORDing business test ive tried three methods of taking the open book test and ur limited on time so i rush three times i have gotten ds and i talked to my asian friend who gets a's and shit and took his method in to perspective....i still got a FORDing d i dont get wtf am i doing wrong this is bs

im with u on that one and with FORDing hit and runs gargage trying to charge me over 520 dollars to fix the bumper wtf one said were just goin to do the one area not the whole thing and charged the most like wtf 568 FORD u dude and im sick of doing bad on my FORDing business test ive tried three methods of taking the open book test and ur limited on time so i rush three times i have gotten ds and i talked to my asian friend who gets a's and shit and took his method in to perspective....i still got a FORDing d i dont get wtf am i doing wrong this is bs

:lol2: sorry dude but this is funny a hell!!!

You might wanna try studying, taking notes, asking the proffesor Q's, asking for help... just sayin...

• Founders

lol I'm taking an intro to business course as an elective and a GPA booster because I have an extra credit to fill and the class is the easiest thing I've taken in my college career next to comp 1&2 which was a complete joke.

So I'm at work. I have an oil change on a L81 3.0L Saturn (forget the model, L300 I guess). Anyways, we were in a bit of a time crunch with a bunch of cars left to work on and about an hour to close. Lift the car up, etc. etc., look for a drain plug, and, Saturn being Saturn and ... different, I realize the drain plug is a Torx-head bolt. Already annoyed, this annoyed me further. The L81s have internal paper filters instead of the normal canisters, so I go to my tool box, grab a T45 or whatever it was torx bit and a 32mm socket to undo the canister to get to the paper filter. Get back, nearly break my torx bit getting the drain plug out (hence why it's annoying -- those bits aren't made to really take but SO much stress, and people tend to over-tighten drain plugs), and then attempt to take the top of the canister off to get to filter. Nope. L81 doesn't take the GM/Saturn standard 32mm to get to the filter. sdklfhsdljkafhsdfjkh! I eventually coaxed it apart, but it was a PITA, and just reminds me that sometimes, Saturn being "different" is really really REALLY annoying (Sorry Jedi :lol2: )

sorry tunicwriter but this makes me :cheers::lol2::lol2: get the right tools ;)

The L cars have the GM germany engine and also the Ions and some of the Cobalt have that set up too. So its not Saturn being different but GM being GM. :lol2: But the moral of the story is........ A mechanic is only as good as the tools he has. (sometimes) :lol2:

So have the right TOOL for the right job so your not a TOOL. ;):rofl::rofl:

J/K

Don't blame GM on that one, the Saturn L series was just a rebadged Opel Vectra. I dunno why the Euros have to design their cars so differently, it's not like there's a purpose for having a drain plug like that, or the canister filters (all the freakin BMWs, Mercedes, Audi [most] Volvos, and VWs.)

I've worked on those cars too, that L81 is crammed in that engine bay. The big DOHC heads make it a pain to get anything near the exhaust manifolds. The older Taurus SHOs are like that too, I'm talking about the 2nd gen Taurus SHO, with the 3.0L and 3.2L DOHC Yamaha motors.