Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

The Ranting Thread

Killiger2009

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My car is making 150 dfferent sounds it shouldn't. Springs struts shocks tie rods spindles axles turn signal clicking door ding e brake ding. All when driving. I have a feeling I'm going to be dumping some cash on it this summer.

• Founders

Oh man, just so you guys know NEVER and I do mean NEVER eat at Catilina Meracado (or something of the nature) its a fancy text-mex place. Went out to brunch on Sunday with my family and some friends and the people who ordered anything with eggs in their meal (including me) have been deathly ill from food poisoning. You never even want to take the chance of getting this! Been sick since Sunday and just feel slightly better today. Probably noticed I haven't been on and that's why.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Founders

Well I think I'm done helping my family with their car problems...

Well over the past 3 weeks, as you guys probably know I've been stressed beyond kingdom come with all my classes and their exams then getting food poisoning over my spring break which didn't allow me to relax and take care of 2 things I wanted to get done (oil change and windshield wiper change).

Now over the past 5 years since I've gotten my drivers license, I've dropped everything I was doing to help my parents and sister with their car problems. My dad got like 3 flats in his car over this time, I've changed every single one and even taken his car to get a new tire, as well as given him MY car to go on with what HE was doing that day. Even doing this on my birthday last year when he got one. I've also dropped everything when my sister had car issues and looked at them and told her what was wrong. Also picked up and dropped off her car COUNTLESS times for oil changes, repairs and fixes. Same with my mom and dad.

So today I asked that Saturday that my mom or dad could bring my car in and use one of my free Pontiac Loyalty Oil Changes from my GM dealership while I just try and relax and keep myself from a nervous breakdown. They had the nerve to say to me that its MY CAR and I should take it in if I want something done!! I flipped on them and recalled all this that I have done for them and I was like in the 5 years I've owned a car, I haven't asked 1 single time for you to help me and now I need you to do this for me and you say no? I'm officially done helping them with car issues and whenever they ask me to do anything I'm gonna say "It's your car, you should take care of it."

Holy fuck. I would have lost it too. After you doing ALL that, they can't help you out? I'm sorry, they might as well pissed on your foot.

My advice, don't help them anymore. So when pops asks you,

"Hey, my car has a flat, can you help me out?"

Reply, "Sorry, I'm tied up on my end," and just end it.

Don't do them any favors if that's the outcome. My parents cars, I'll do what I can when they ask for help, but they know that when I need a hand, which isn't very often, they help out.

Well I think I'm done helping my family with their car problems...

Well over the past 3 weeks, as you guys probably know I've been stressed beyond kingdom come with all my classes and their exams then getting food poisoning over my spring break which didn't allow me to relax and take care of 2 things I wanted to get done (oil change and windshield wiper change).

Now over the past 5 years since I've gotten my drivers license, I've dropped everything I was doing to help my parents and sister with their car problems. My dad got like 3 flats in his car over this time, I've changed every single one and even taken his car to get a new tire, as well as given him MY car to go on with what HE was doing that day. Even doing this on my birthday last year when he got one. I've also dropped everything when my sister had car issues and looked at them and told her what was wrong. Also picked up and dropped off her car COUNTLESS times for oil changes, repairs and fixes. Same with my mom and dad.

So today I asked that Saturday that my mom or dad could bring my car in and use one of my free Pontiac Loyalty Oil Changes from my GM dealership while I just try and relax and keep myself from a nervous breakdown. They had the nerve to say to me that its MY CAR and I should take it in if I want something done!! I flipped on them and recalled all this that I have done for them and I was like in the 5 years I've owned a car, I haven't asked 1 single time for you to help me and now I need you to do this for me and you say no? I'm officially done helping them with car issues and whenever they ask me to do anything I'm gonna say "It's your car, you should take care of it."

Jim, you and I both know it's NOT gonna happen... believe me. Sucks to hear that they just brushed you off like that, but deep down you know you're just speaking or rather typing out of anger. Family is everything with out them one would be lost... Just relax, calm down and once you do try asking again... explain your situation, that should help a bit... DON'T throw your help in their faces... THAT only makes matters worse... instead say something like.. hey you know how I always help you out with out think it about it twice? well I was wondering if you would do something for me...

family is family, but enough is enough! i have always tried to help out my family any way i could. they put me thru college and i love them for it... but when it came time to work on cars, they didnt want to listen to me about what needed fixing, or what was wrong. then when those cars broke down, they didnt want to listen to my opinion on the car they were about to buy.

my parents were looking fora truck after my grandma's truck got totalled by a speeding suburban. hers was a 92 v6 chevy. perfect vehicle. would tow as well as a shitty old 350 chevy with a 3 speed, and get better mileage. so what do they go look at? a 77 pickup with 350 and 3 speed. :badGT: while the body looks really good, the tires are bald and there is a big scratch down the side. now supposedly the engine+trans was rebuilt 10k miles ago.... yet when they start it up it smokes blue. dad drives it and thinks its fast, so he liked it. they paid 2500!!! i was like thats REDICULOUS! with BALD TIRES!!!

yeah so they realized it gets 8 mpg, worse than my dad's old 454 suburban, and it leaks AND burns oil like hell. rebuilt my ass. well the trans does feel rebuild but its still a 3 speed. now it sits around like a storage unit, keeping my pool table dry until i have a place to set it up.

i bitched sooo much when they were looking at the truck that they actually said shutup or you're walking home. WTF? they send me to college for mechanics, and then IGNORE ME COMPLETELY when it comes to anything automotive.

my dad also has the habit of liking bad mechanics. some read my story bout the runaway roadmaster, from his last mechanic putting the throttle cable bracket on the wrong hole. he loved that guy but we moved.

now he loves this local guy, who honestly is only good for mounting tires... and i even dont really trust him for that... he found nothing at all wrong with the chevy truck that gets 8mpg and has a strange whistle from the carb... (intake leak maybe??) and also when we took my old honda to get an alignment, he tried to charge 50 bucks even tho they forgot to inform me that one of the trailing arms was seriously bent and a correct alignment was IMPOSSIBLE.

anyway, i would keep helping them but they refuse to listen, so i just gave up. i let them make their own blunders now and just work on my own stuff. if something breaks ill help them get it somewhere, or if its simple ill fix it, but otherwise its THEIR problem. if they had listened to me they wouldnt have the crap car to begin with!!

• Founders

Ouch at least my parents know to not buy anything computer or car related without my approval which really kinda does mean something because I mean I spend my school life and work life fixing computers and coding computers then the rest of the time is cars so I mean it does make sense.

Thing about this is this just isn't them getting me an oil change or me doing all their car stuff, yes I love them to death and right now I would be lost without them but it just seems I give and give and give when I don't have to and then every 5 years I ask for something small like I don't feel well can you drive me here cause I need to pick something up for work or school or even something for THEM and they just say "No" when I drive them EVERYWHERE they ask.

Honestly I would respect their decision if the dealership was in its old location because that's like 20-25 min away but seriously our dealership is RIGHT DOWN THE ROAD. All their wasting is really like 5 min and no money because the service is paid for by GM.

Its just really respect things with my family that really anger me, like I'm the youngest and people say the youngest is the one that is loved most and I just say balderdash, my parents will lay down the red carpet and move the earth for my sister but when I ask for a small favor its oh you should do it. Like the whole reason I moved back to Naples and home was so my life would be easier and I could relax and feel better but it hasn't been the case.

My parents are kinda the same way, my little sister doesn't have her license so i give her a ride to work after I've just worked all morning, all i asked her for was $10 every two weeks for gas and my dad flips out saying that she doesn't have to because she pays for the cable when i pay for the rent, insurance, and sometimes THEIR car payment on top of my car payment.

People like that irritate me... if I take you somewhere in my car on your behalf, you are paying the gas... it's not like I ask you to pay my car payment or insurance, you should be thankful that I am taking you at all...

New Rant....

I hate people that dont know shit about a topic and they chime in on threads like they have something to offer.

when they give opinions on.... for instance.... Turbochargers.... When they dont know SHIT about turbos.

they have never put together a turbo system let alone owned a car taht was turbocharged...

OR

OR

OR

they chime in about products that they know shit about. and give an opinion how it is "Garbage" or "gods gift"

and they are not adding comedy to the thread or releif they are trying to sway a person from a product they dont know...

OR

OR

OR

if you dont know shit about a topic then dont say a FORDing thing. you may ask questions... you should learn... but dont post just to post.

EFF YOU IF YOU DO THIS!!!!

E... F... F.... Y O U

pussy

/rant

Oh god, sounds like GAOC. Nubcakes made constant new threads about going turbo, or wanting to do the L36 or L67 swap. The L36/L67 swap in a GA, is the most useless motor swap you can do in an N-body. Or turbo? I'd try to provide real world info, but I'm blunt with my info giving. I HATE stupid people, so mods there would get mad at me for not sugarcoating nubcake's pipe dreams over there.

gooooood Damn it!!!! I walk in the door and theres a customer and the other sales person was with some one. I hate getting jumped on as soon as I walk in but ho well. Little old Passano, I couldent slow him down just wanted to talk price, wouldent drive. wanted one of two cars. I couldent get him the discount on one of them but on the other no issue. Geart hua? WRONG the old bastard thout the xr aura was a forgien car!!!! walked out on me. WTF chased after him and explaind a couple of things. then walked him to my car and told him same car ect. the whole 9 yards. how wouldent get a AMERICAN CAR. even thou his sentra is made in tennessee....... So im like well what do you think of the subaru legacy its loaded like the aura xr or the rav4 we have its simalar to the vue you liked? He told me its toooooo much money, ok well let me see what the boss will do for us on them. hold on ill be right back. The boss gave me a great deal on them and I walk out there and I see his car leaving. Im so ready to go punch babies right now. siting at my desk with his wad of hundreds telling me hes going to buy a car from me mother f@cker shit bad! yea your cars forigen al right WRONG ass hole!............................

sory for the spelling and poor language im just so friggen mad!

that would not of made a darn bit of differance he thinks his sentra is made in japan. even thou its not. (shaken head)

that would not of made a darn bit of differance he thinks his sentra is made in japan. even thou its not. (shaken head)

Was it one of the newer B16 model Sentras? (The ones that look like a Prius :lol2:)

Because they aren't true Nissans either. They're 60% Renault. :lol2: So he's be driving a jap/french mutt built in Tennessee.

so last night wasnt my greatst night its start witha blueberry in my onion bagel...wtf its bs right then i didnt go to school monday so my teacher had assigned two things of work which are together are only 3 points of my grade but still there were only 5 ppl in class then i went to see my gf and wen i left it was heart wrench because i cant see here this weekend because she has nationals for dance in myrtle beach and next weekend i cant see her because she is gojng to st. lucia near mexico for 10 days then after that the weekend after i think she has US finals and then i was driving home and heres a clip

th_balh.jpg

i hate ppl there assholes its bs OMGGGg i hate this person 30 in 50 i can do 50 all day but no they wanna go 25-30

So I went and signed up for Kung Fu class, dropped like 218 bucks for uniforms and first month of membership now I get my FORDing work schedule which is precisely when i need to be off, now im going to be out all this money and look like a dumbass

FORDing hate my job