Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

The Ranting Thread

Killiger2009

' date='Apr 23 2010, 12:12 AM' post='22052']

I truly just don't understand love anymore...

Crystal left me tonight, and after two months, it was quite a roller coaster ride, emotionally speaking. After overcoming her clingy ex boyfriend, I figured things would just get better from there. But our personalities were really just too different from each other. I started to fall for her, and I could see it in her, but it just couldn't work. Crystal truly is my opposite in many ways, but at first we just clicked, and it went great at first, but alas...it was short lived. I don't know why I open myself up anymore and actually try. I really don't.

Even more so, she left me to back to her ex. I don't know what to do, how to feel or say about it. I'm not the single guy type. I can't FORDing stand it. And now look, I'm right back in that uncomfortable zone. I cry, and I don't want to. A combination of loss and confusion, I don't know, how or what to feel right now. My music the only thing keeping myself sane at the moment. And I leave this song excerpt, which echoes my thoughts now,

So falls the winter snow,

So vivid and lifeless yet out of control.

Dark days and all that come with it,

What feels like a lifetime mourned,

And how I waited for deliverance,

Watching the lifetime lost,

As days turn to years...

When Kingdoms Fall by Evergrey

Sucks man...

Dude... you don't even wanna know my stories... the others here will back me on it.. let alone want to read the 10 pages of text it would be :welcomeFP:....

Backtrack 2003-2006: With girl for 3+ years someodd all through high school. Senior year I had a grand or two saved up, was gonna get her a ring that summer after graduation. What.. two weeks before senior prom, dumped me. Went with a very close friend of mine, promised me a dance, told me to FORD off that night instead... tagged me along for 6 months in a emotional roller coaster ride from hell, till she started going out with the guy I found out she was cheating on me for months with while we were still together :lol2:.

Backtrack 2008: Long story short, dated a friend of mine that I had known since I was 10 who lived out in Minnesota now. Lasted half a year, but took a week off work summer, she came here, took a week off later that summer, went out there, right when airfair peaked, like $700 for freaking two way ticket.. and broke up with me the day i got out there. YAY. Turns out she was having "feelings" for a coworker of hers.. and she tells me this after I shell out $700 and miss a week of work. Needless to say the what 5 days I was there was awkward and turmoil after that.

Backtrack, few months after that in Fall 2009. Lol. Lol. Did another out of state thing. Lololol... She was on G6P so I kinda don't wanna post details, but when I flew down to meet her, same thing happened. She broke up with me down there, and found out it was all a sham to get her ex to purpose to her from what I take.... That... was quite a roller coaster to say the least given after I got home I didn't hear from her for 2 weeks almost. Train wreck. Failed a class and came close with two others. Couldn't do shit since I was so whacked up and didn't know what happened.

Annnnd.. I've been stuck in the friend zone since then for what.. almost 2 years?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sucks man...

Dude... you don't even wanna know my stories... the others here will back me on it.. let alone want to read the 10 pages of text it would be :welcomeFP:....

Backtrack 2003-2006: With girl for 3+ years someodd all through high school. Senior year I had a grand or two saved up, was gonna get her a ring that summer after graduation. What.. two weeks before senior prom, dumped me. Went with a very close friend of mine, promised me a dance, told me to FORD off that night instead... tagged me along for 6 months in a emotional roller coaster ride from hell, till she started going out with the guy I found out she was cheating on me for months with while we were still together :lol2:.

Backtrack 2008: Long story short, dated a friend of mine that I had known since I was 10 who lived out in Minnesota now. Lasted half a year, but took a week off work summer, she came here, took a week off later that summer, went out there, right when airfair peaked, like $700 for freaking two way ticket.. and broke up with me the day i got out there. YAY. Turns out she was having "feelings" for a coworker of hers.. and she tells me this after I shell out $700 and miss a week of work. Needless to say the what 5 days I was there was awkward and turmoil after that.

Backtrack, few months after that in Fall 2009. Lol. Lol. Did another out of state thing. Lololol... She was on G6P so I kinda don't wanna post details, but when I flew down to meet her, same thing happened. She broke up with me down there, and found out it was all a sham to get her ex to purpose to her from what I take.... That... was quite a roller coaster to say the least given after I got home I didn't hear from her for 2 weeks almost. Train wreck. Failed a class and came close with two others. Couldn't do shit since I was so whacked up and didn't know what happened.

Annnnd.. I've been stuck in the friend zone since then for what.. almost 2 years?

I know... :PICS:

• Founders

Sucks Chris, hate to hear that stuff. I know what it is like. High School I dated like 4 girls worth mentioning towards the end which I thought was going to get pretty serious, the most serious being this girl:

Don't think must people know but my last relationship lasted about 4ish years with this girl I knew for 10+ years. Shit was great for the first 3 years then shit hit the fan. Pretty much we dated off and on for the last year of it because we just pressed each others buttons, got pissed off then realized we wanted to be back together. Then she met a guy, started dating him yet still came for me for quite a bit of hey hey and I just called it once I found out about being the other guy. Now she broke up with that guy, came back to me and I said I was over her which shattered both of us.

but probably over the last 2 years (from initial break up) I've luckily had some good friends to get me out of a slump and get me back going. As well as finally met another girl who I think were hitting it off well. Just goes to show you a shit storm does happen but good things always come out of it. Don't think I would be as happy as I am now to get back into a relationship and know how good it is to be alive if I didn't go through the shit storm.

Best thing really to do is not focus on it, go out have some fun with your friends. Some say drinking is a bad thing but it always helps me just be careful while your drinking and all the good stuff. Eventually meet some new women, worked for me over the time I was single that always made me very happy :welcomeFP: Overall man if you need someone to talk to we're here.

I dunno, my luck has always just been shit when it comes to relationships. I want it, and sometimes, I don't.

I'll get over this eventually, probably quicker than I even think right now. It was only two months. But it felt a whole lot longer. It just didn't work because we were just too different from one another. Opposites can't always attract.

I've been in worse though, my relationship before this one I was with the girl for two years, and what made it tough, my own family didn't like her, my friends eventually got real sick of her, and was just using me for anything possible (she never had a car when we were together, imagine how that was) and after putting 120% into that, on our second year anniversary...she just walks away and left me. And I lost my job on that day too to boot. It left me extremely bitter and cold. I've been long since over her, but that distrust, and reminder to never get your hopes up...it just slapped me in the face again last night. Back to my tug of war, I want love, but should I even bother opening up again?

I'll be honest now, I just don't know how couples do it now. Other people seem to do it right, and be happy. Me? Fuck that. Everytime I fucking try? Nope. Fuck you Chris. That's the answer I get.

Sure, I still have a decent job, my GA, my friends and my own family. But still...it just sucks.

BTW, there goes my oppertunity to move to Florida. Lucky me.

' date='Apr 23 2010, 08:37 AM' post='22075']I'll be honest now, I just don't know how couples do it now. Other people seem to do it right, and be happy. Me? FORD that. Everytime I FORDing try? Nope. FORD you Chris. That's the answer I get.

Sure, I still have a decent job, my GA, my friends and my own family. But still...it just sucks.

Know how ya feel there...

Here's that Evergrey song if anyone wants listen for themselves. The song still echoes my thoughts and feelings, listen to the words closely...

On GAOC...

(as you read this ^ you facepalm already)

Anyway, i posted "on a normal forum people like this would be banned, and or their post be locked or deleted."

Shawn responded. "on a normal forum people like you would be banned for trolling" Then he proceeded to lock that thread.

Now, maybe i'm just getting stupid. But i think his comeback was EXACTLY the same as my original statement. He just changed the words. But to top it off he does what i say...

Ultra hella facepalm. I know.

Also on a side note: Chris you're doing it wrong.

In real simple but explained way without all the jokes and crap why do you guys hat GAOC so much? I just see you guys poon on them all the time and just want the full but shortened version of why.

It's like this:

The mods and admins of GAOC like to regulate the opinions of everyone too much. Speak your mind about things that aren't a 100% positive manner, n00bs and butthurt members complain about EVERYTHING, and the tight-nit circle of mods feel as if they're exempt from their own rules, especially the Canadian folk.

I was banned over some mediocre crap, and not being nicey nice like they dictate everyone to be. Sam was banned over the same type of issue, Shawn demanded that Sam say he was wrong and apologize to the staff for not being nice, and Sam got teh Canuck ban hammer.

Zach got banned as well.

There's quite a few people banned over the silliest of things, and the GAOC diehards will not hesitate to lurk on other sites, like GAGT.com and relay "bad talk" to admins.

Bottomline, GAOC has become a pathetic excuse for a car forum, with a rep with other GM sites to back it up.

' date='Apr 26 2010, 08:56 PM' post='22483']

Canuck ban hammer.

I am so remembering this one.

Carry on no ranting here.

My dad controlling my car.....

end of story

Well hes leaving me with his pos car that doesnt start all the time bc he want to take my car to Ohio for 3 day. I told his Yukon Denli XL not his gfs pos mercury milan 2006. It still has a warrenty and he refuses to take the car in to get looked at. but he doesnt wanna put miles on his car so hes gonna put them on mine?? he couldnt even take my car to the dealer when it needs to and have me drive his pos car. so looks like im out of my car for 3 days

I feel like I'm dragging out this GAOC crap to long. They don't need another minute of my time. Also they are not worth the breath time and effort to even rant about.

I was going to rant but Chris said it best. Also I'm on my iPhone and it's 130 and I just got off work, tired yada yada.

I was going to say something but I'm so tired I lost it.

As for a rant which I shouldn't rant about. But the times they are having me work is freekin crazy, I'm gonna loose my mind.

' date='Apr 26 2010, 08:56 PM' post='22483']

It's like this:

The mods and admins of GAOC like to regulate the opinions of everyone too much. Speak your mind about things that aren't a 100% positive manner, n00bs and butthurt members complain about EVERYTHING, and the tight-nit circle of mods feel as if they're exempt from their own rules, especially the Canadian folk.

I was banned over some mediocre crap, and not being nicey nice like they dictate everyone to be. Sam was banned over the same type of issue, Shawn demanded that Sam say he was wrong and apologize to the staff for not being nice, and Sam got teh Canuck ban hammer.

Zach got banned as well.

There's quite a few people banned over the silliest of things, and the GAOC diehards will not hesitate to lurk on other sites, like GAGT.com and relay "bad talk" to admins.

Bottomline, GAOC has become a pathetic excuse for a car forum, with a rep with other GM sites to back it up.

i would like to add that i got banned because i told the mods to bring sam back lol o the good times good times

Pretty much.

You would get in a shit load of trouble over talking about banned members.

Zach wanted Sam back on the site, and it enraged the admins and mods. Two weeks later, ban hammer for Zach.

You guys think G6P is a clusterfuck? Just imagine if all the admins there CONSTANTLY gave out infractions and warnings, and locked EVERY thread that had a disagreement of any type.

And you got GAOC. Screw them, and their lame members. And I warn all, to stay very far away from that site.

' date='Apr 27 2010, 11:19 AM' post='22549']

Pretty much.

You would get in a shit load of trouble over talking about banned members.

Zach wanted Sam back on the site, and it enraged the admins and mods. Two weeks later, ban hammer for Zach.

You guys think G6P is a clusterfuck? Just imagine if all the admins there CONSTANTLY gave out infractions and warnings, and locked EVERY thread that had a disagreement of any type.

And you got GAOC. Screw them, and their lame members. And I warn all, to stay very far away from that site.

:badGT::lol2::agreed:

this is a much better site

Some of you know my past with my dad some dont but it has started again.

He told me he was taking MY car to Ohio bc he didnt wanna put miles on his car. We argued about that bc he was gonna leace me with his car that he refuses to take to dealer bc it doesnt start some times. I told him he needs to make sure the car was spotless for Prom on Saturday bc he was getting back late on Friday. He said no how I got it back was how I got it back if I wanted it clean I would have to do it.

Today I decided I was gonna spray my Taillight again bc the red was starting to come through. He told me not to spray them darker I told him I was doing 2 light coats to cover red. I did it. He came inside and went off on how he told me not to do it and hes ripping off my tints ect. I told him if hes ripping off tint he can give me the money I paid to get it put on. He said he was gonna do whatever he wants bc its his car. He went on more and more and finally said I should just give you the $800 for the comanche. I told him do it then and ill go get it right now and let his car sit. He said he wont bc i cant afford plates and insurance on it. Then he said he will pay for insurance and payment this month if I cant get a job by the month after he is selling my car and his POS car to get one car.

Thoughts on what i should do?

Ugh, so many problems with your Dad and this car. Maybe you should just take off and go live in your G6 in the woods.

Honestly though, I have no idea what I would do in this situation, I never even thought about driving when I was your age...

Idk who said it but a know a few people said not to do the hole car thing and I didnt listen and I should have .........

<---------------- That would be this guy!!!

seriously though Jake stop the drama with that fool! Get a car you can afford right now and give him the damn 6 back.... let him deal with it.... once you get a steady job you can go buy yourself the car of your choice wether it be a 6 or not... as long as it's a Pontiac.... I guarantee that as soon as he cant make a payment or something of that nature, he's gonna call and kiss your ass to take it back... if he doesn't and trades it in, then good for him.... you're better off with out it... Im sorry but the way he treats you angers me!