Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Question??

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

The EK Spoon Civic Type R would like to have a word with you:

96-97-98-99-00-honda-civic-ek-bumper-lip-spoiler-4.jpg

Specially built B16B Type R 1.6L DOHC engine, 228BHP @ 12,000 RPMs, 124TQ @ 8,600RPMs, the car's weight? 1800lbs.

Power to weight ratio is king. Just sayin'...

' timestamp='1337439903' post='72138']

The EK Spoon Civic Type R would like to have a word with you:

96-97-98-99-00-honda-civic-ek-bumper-lip-spoiler-4.jpg

Specially built B16B Type R 1.6L DOHC engine, 228BHP @ 12,000 RPMs, 124TQ @ 8,600RPMs, the car's weight? 1800lbs.

Power to weight ratio is king. Just sayin'...

Want.

Justa jokin everyone.... unless ya add some alka seltzer, then the DEW would fly!!!!

Haha, I dunno if that would work, but Diet Coke has the right ingredients. ;)

' timestamp='1337439903' post='72138'] The EK Spoon Civic Type R would like to have a word with you: 96-97-98-99-00-honda-civic-ek-bumper-lip-spoiler-4.jpg Specially built B16B Type R 1.6L DOHC engine, 228BHP @ 12,000 RPMs, 124TQ @ 8,600RPMs, the car's weight? 1800lbs. Power to weight ratio is king. Just sayin'...

Doesn't look like the Honda I conpared my DEW to....... :lol2:

Doesn't look like the Honda I conpared my DEW to....... :lol2:

Got the power to weight thing figured out too. Sunbird was setup for sportsman roadracing, Oversize sways, urethane bushings, adj/front shocks, adj/coilover rears. 308 posi rear gears, Muncie 4 spd. Did well, never won, always top 5. Spun a rod bearing, built a 455 and installed including front springs. Project ended when I would have had to extend the nose to install a radiator. So back to the V6 and wanted to stand out. Blower Drive service in Cal, was the only company that would work with me. Cutting down my Elderbrock intake and welding on the blower plate (including a blowby valve to keep from launching if it backfired) Sent me unmachined pulleys/spacers and I finished the install. Had the 1st Blown STREET V6, and BDS had all the spec's to sell a package. To this day I've only seen one other. That was on a Chevy and ran on Pinks years ago. The blower is a major obstruction of view on right hand corners. Not roadrace material, but she still handles like a slotcar. Was at a Popular Hotrodding show many years ago and they let us line up for timed 1/4's. Ran a 12.3 @ 111mph with plunty of tire spin. Could improve on that if I wanted to straightline race it. It's JUSTA my showcar.

Copyofsleds007-1.jpg

' timestamp='1337625094' post='72313'] With slicks, I can see it hitting mid 11's.

Slicks would break me into 11's. 11.5 with easy tweaks. Rear coilovers are adj/stiff for pullin the trailor and I have small jets in the Holley. Also backed down the timing. Detonation on pump gas. For crusin/shows it still pulls down 24mpg @ 60 on reg pump gas. Still has more than enough for 2nd gear DISPLAY of power. :lol2: My battery is now behind the rear tire in the hole from the stock muffler. Weight transfer help and much easier to get to for indoor shows where you have to disconnect and prove it. Instead of pulling all my aluminum in the engine compartment. Most judging is done @ night when the building is empty. I was marked down once because they couldn't check the batt. Solved the prob, but NOT legal to run on a strip with exposed battery :slap: .

BTRDSHOTS04010.jpg

LOL If somebodys gonna take the time to get down there N look. Give em something to look at! Indoor shows I use mirrors to show underside.

• 2 weeks later...