Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

58Bonne's 1958 Bonneville

2019 June
of the Month

• Welcome to Forever Pontiac

We are a community of Pontiac enthusiasts. The purpose of our community is to keep alive the Pontiac spirit by sharing (or showing off) our cars, discussing Pontiac, helping each other work on our cars and find information, plus attend various meets/shows/etc... To aid discussion, sharing, event planning and selling of parts/cars/anything, we have various parts of the website to aid this from Forums to an online Garage to Classifieds to even a Document Download Repository. You can find links to these in our navigation above based on what each section helps with (discussion, local events, learning, etc...).

We invite you to contribute, find help or just view some of our member's amazing cars! Don't forget, we also have great contests from time to time (like our Pontiac of the Month and yearly calendar contest) and our Pontiac This OR That, a fun game where you choose the best of two randomly selected Pontiacs from our online garage.

We look forward to seeing you around!

Sign in to follow this  
KR1ST1N_X3

security light indicator

Question

I don't know if you guys can help, I don't see many Grand Prix's in my body style on here but hell, I want to figure this out lol

I am getting a Viper alarm and remote start. I was told that I can change the color of my security light indicator but what is the part number and where can I find different ones? Thanks.

21 answers to this question

I don't know if you guys can help, I don't see many Grand Prix's in my body style on here but hell, I want to figure this out lol

I am getting a Viper alarm and remote start. I was told that I can change the color of my security light indicator but what is the part number and where can I find different ones? Thanks.

I own the same model Grand Prix! :bacon:

What security light indicator? You mean the little red dot on the dash? Or the security light on the instrument cluster? And why do you want to change the color?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

And why do you want to change the color?

To match the rest of her pink color scheme lol.

Easy as probably getting a piece of plastic the same size and coloring it or getting an led the color if its on the instrument panel, these are just assumptions of what I would do if I wanted it, I actually don't know the full looks of a GA too well so I wouldn't trust me :angry:

I own the same model Grand Prix! :angry:

What security light indicator? You mean the little red dot on the dash? Or the security light on the instrument cluster? And why do you want to change the color?

Yeah the little red one on the dash, and because I don't want it red! lol I was thinking pink but if I can't then I want it blue :)

Very easy fix... get into where ever the light it, and change out the led to whatever color you want :angry:

pink would be sweet

Yeah the little red one on the dash, and because I don't want it red! lol I was thinking pink but if I can't then I want it blue :angry:

Never actually looked at it. Ill have to check it out tomorrow morning. See if it just pops out or if you have to get under it.

I want it blue :P

:) BLUE! :angry: but pink matches your theme.

Never actually looked at it. Ill have to check it out tomorrow morning. See if it just pops out or if you have to get under it.

More than likely you will have to get under it

Well we called the place where I am getting my alarm and it is a blue led and it's built in my antenna so there wont be a light on my dash. Oh well, blue is 110% better than red ;)

Most alarm systems have some sort of an indicator light. you should find the wiring diagrams online and put in your own lights.

I had a buddy with an 05 Civic Si and he put a blue LED near each door like on the B Pillar and they were blue... when the alarm was on the led flashed on each side so if a jackass went up to either door they would see the flashing and go away.

Well I looked at it. The part of the dash the LED light is built into, just pops out. But you have to be careful because this includes the "light sensor" which works your automatic headlights.

But yeah I was under the impression with an aftermarket alarm, you no longer use this light. And the manufactuer has the option of installing a new/different light somewhere on the car. The red light on the dash will only work with the factory system.

I guess they say that the blue alarm light will flash when its armed but the red one wont. It will only flash when the car is not armed? lol idk. Its not that big of a deal. Just a though lol

BTW... Lovethe Avitar... hahaa

on topic....

You could easily change the blue LED for a pink one. or even get somethign like this....

1326.JPG

but make it pink... i am sure Ebay has "Pink LED Chasers"

I see them in blue and red all the time at "pepboys" "Napa" or "Orileys"

Most alarm systems have some sort of an indicator light. you should find the wiring diagrams online and put in your own lights.

I had a buddy with an 05 Civic Si and he put a blue LED near each door like on the B Pillar and they were blue... when the alarm was on the led flashed on each side so if a jackass went up to either door they would see the flashing and go away.

:wacko: I have two red scanners as they are called, on for each side, and have them wired up to chase back and forth once the alarm is engaged, it does more to discourage a thief than the simple blinking LED :lol2:

BTW... Lovethe Avitar... hahaa

on topic....

You could easily change the blue LED for a pink one. or even get somethign like this....

1326.JPG

but make it pink... i am sure Ebay has "Pink LED Chasers"

I see them in blue and red all the time at "pepboys" "Napa" or "Orileys"

lol thanks!

I think I will just stick with blue. It looks better than red.. right! lol

:D I love red...

Me 2

:pics_NOW:

Be ballin' and get green.

lol there isn't a thing in or on my car that is green.. haha, not even a cd!

so when are you going to do the chaser?

so when are you going to do the chaser?

:willy_nilly: when? I might also suggest trying this idea too... I'm doing it when I get back, but try getting the LEDs place into your A-Pillar, so it would have a clean factory look, but still be pretty awesome!