Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Hi guys, here's a couple pictures of my 2005 Sunfire, it has a Tein Basic coilover kit, '00-'02 Z24 Wheels with Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires, I also removed the rear window stoppers and the badges from the front doors.

Still have to adjust the rear a bit more, it's sitting a bit higher than I would like. My old GA GT in the background which now belongs to my dad, he also has a 40th Anniversary Edition Grand Prix and my mom has an '05 Grand Prix. I may also be buying a '98 GA GT. Never enough Pontiacs. :dancingpontiac:

P5010078.jpg

P5010079.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

The last generation Sunfire looks so crazy as a sedan to me! She looks really nice, though; clean, simple, well done. I have never seen those particular Z24 wheels on our generation Sunfire, either, but they look surprisingly nice. Is your emblem black or gray?

Welcome to Forever Pontiac!

Welcome! Good looking Sunfire! Clean!

:welcomeFP: :welcomeFP:

I LOVE the chrome Pontiac wheels on the GA, they always looked great.

Looks good! Welcome. Sadie (valid) and I saw one of those Sunfires in 2008 at the 25th Anniversary Fiero show. Bit rare for us to see a phase 3 Sunfire sedan in the states =P.

Welcome to FP.

I had no idea they made Sunfire sedans with the newer nose. I thought you did a swap before I saw the year.

Anything planned for it?

The GAGT...glad to see some still love those.

Thanks guys, the emblem actually is supposed to have a carbon fiber look to it, but unless you're within a couple feet of the car it just looks grey which is fine because I'm not a big fan of CF anyway. Havoc, those are also my favorite wheels on that generation of GA's.

Looks good! Welcome. Sadie (valid) and I saw one of those Sunfires in 2008 at the 25th Anniversary Fiero show. Bit rare for us to see a phase 3 Sunfire sedan in the states =P.

I was just in the states a couples weeks ago or 10 days and was surprised at how few of them there were down there, I didn't see any sedans.

' timestamp='1335982878' post='71219']

Welcome to FP.

Anything planned for it?

Not too much, probably sway bars, an intake/exhaust and maybe a neon rear disk swap + better rotors and pads in the front.

They didn't actually manufacture them as sedans here in the states; the one Mark and I saw in '08 had come over from Ontario. I like them, though, but they weird me out because I'm not used to seeing them!

I have the AEM CAI, I like the sound and responsiveness. I haven't gotten to my exhaust setup yet, but that will happen likely later this year. I have begun gathering parts for a Neon rear disk swap as well. I also have sway bars that need to be installed. Haha. We sound like twins!

All in all, it sounds like you have a good plan for her. Very reasonable modifications for a daily driver, which is why I've picked mostly the same ones for my car, as well!

They didn't actually manufacture them as sedans here in the states; the one Mark and I saw in '08 had come over from Ontario. I like them, though, but they weird me out because I'm not used to seeing them!

I have the AEM CAI, I like the sound and responsiveness. I haven't gotten to my exhaust setup yet, but that will happen likely later this year. I have begun gathering parts for a Neon rear disk swap as well. I also have sway bars that need to be installed. Haha. We sound like twins!

All in all, it sounds like you have a good plan for her. Very reasonable modifications for a daily driver, which is why I've picked mostly the same ones for my car, as well!

Never knew that...learn something new everyday, and great minds think alike. :lol2:

' timestamp='1335984203' post='71226']

Sway bars won't be much help on the stock, rubbery springs.

Eibach springs on Tokico struts are a solid combo.

The stock rubbery springs aren't on the car anymore and yes they are I have a set of Eibach Sportlines in the garage and was ready to buy Tokico D-specs when I came across the coilovers for an alright price haha.

Yes and lol as I said in the first post I'm going to bring the back down a bit more but our roads around here suck, I think CAA actually voted my road the worst in the province but I'm not sure, but yeah it's not really practical to be much lower.

Here: http://thechronicleherald.ca/novascotia/90766-pictou-county-racks-up-awards-in-worst-roads-competition

Of the 6 roads in the county that made the top 10, I live on one, my gf on another, another connects our roads, and another I travel several times a week. It sucks.

Here: http://thechronicleh...ads-competition

Of the 6 roads in the county that made the top 10, I live on one, my gf on another, another connects our roads, and another I travel several times a week. It sucks.

Oh my. I don't blame you for not being lower! I'd hold off on those sway bars until they hopefully get to work on some of your roads, too! :lol:

Welcome to the site. I'm a NOOB too. LOL Seems to be a great bunch around here.

Thanks, welcome to you too lol

Valid, the fire would be an antique before it got sway bars if I waited for them to fix the roads around here lol the road work around here is as bad as the roads themselves.