Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh. My. Lord.

First and foremost, welcome to the forum! I checked out your garage and WOW, your cars are beautiful. I have a soft spot for Sunbird hatchbacks, and this is a true beauty. Look at how much time you have put into it!

Fun fact: I was born in Pontiac, Michigan! My grandfather worked for Pontiac. His name is Thomas Goad and he was the Manager of Special Vehicles. He worked for Chevrolet before he moved to our beloved division.

Oh. My. Lord. First and foremost, welcome to the forum! I checked out your garage and WOW, your cars are beautiful. I have a soft spot for Sunbird hatchbacks, and this is a true beauty. Look at how much time you have put into it! Fun fact: I was born in Pontiac, Michigan! My grandfather worked for Pontiac. His name is Thomas Goad and he was the Manager of Special Vehicles. He worked for Chevrolet before he moved to our beloved division.

Ol Pontiac's never die...THEY become LEGENDS. LOL Small world. I was building G6's when I retired. My daughter ordered one that DAD built. As a coordinator for GM, I was able to get her into the plant. Follow the build, and she even got to install some small parts along the way. Thankz for the add N nice to meet you.

Holy Moooooooooooooooooo Cow!!!!! your cars are awesome!!!!

welcometothetribe-1.gif

I love your cars. I am obsessed with Pontiac! I'm even a member of POCI.

I like to ask older Pontiac guys this, humor me please haha. What do you think of my Phoenix?

I love your cars. I am obsessed with Pontiac! I'm even a member of POCI. I like to ask older Pontiac guys this, humor me please haha. What do you think of my Phoenix?

Mid 70's were a bummer to be around. Gas shortages, company detuning, smog controls. Watching the GREAT GTO go downhill past the point of no return. You could get around this by adding a cam/intake/carb package then head out with your Ventura N stop GTO's all night long. With their demise came back the Lemans and of course the upgraded Phoenix. Very sharp lookin cars with sweet interiors. Cruisers, but cha wouldn't bet your paycheck on makin it to the next light 1st. Consider I'm here in Detroit and Woodward was the place to be any night of the week. The EPIC Woodward Dream Cruise is something any American car owner should experience @ least once. (you will be back) As for your question....Beautiful example of Classic cool for its day. Thankz for keeping this piece of history alive. I'm sure you get many SMILES.

' timestamp='1335895611' post='71131'] You'll fit in here, haha. You build the 5th gen Grand Ams before the G6 came in?

Nope, we were actually building the Bonneville. In 07 we also built the Malibu and G6 together on the same line. The BU was f'ugly comming down the line with the G6's. Got insurance on the GTO today to I can start test N tune N work out some of the bugs. I solved the electrical issues with the rear lights. Sometimes workin, sometimes not. Replaced rear harness with New sockets and wired in sequential tail lights. Very Cool!!! Still using the Chevy radiator and having overheat issues. The mech/fan was 3 1/2in from the rad, and useless. Fabed my own schroud. Hoping this makes a huge difference. I fired the car and had my 1st ride last Aug right before Woodward DC. The issues kept it home, but the Sunbird was on display with the Sta-bil rig/Gold Eagle products for the weekend N had a blast with those guys! Following Monday, I had my shoulder rebuilt. Still not back to 100% but thinkin its not gonna get any better than this.

Sounds like a ton of work still ahead. Also, good to hear you're working out the kinks. Good luck!

Sent from my mind using telekinesis.

Sounds like a ton of work still ahead. Also, good to hear you're working out the kinks. Good luck! Sent from my mind using telekinesis.

All light stuff now. Hope I don't have spring for a new radiator. Need to get front end aligned ect. I live back on dirt roads and of course its been rainin here everyday and will continue through the end of the week. NOT gettin my pretty underside full of mudd.

JustA6 - welcome to FP. I recognize your Sunbird. We've met at the Michigan Widetrackers Dust Off(s) before. I always look forward to seeing your blown V6 Sunbird. I remember you telling me that the block is the numbers matching block! I own the blue/white '72 Lemans convertible. I told you my first car was my grandmother's '71 Vega and how much I loved the H-body cars back in the day!

Again welcome to Forever Pontiac.

JustA6 - welcome to FP. I recognize your Sunbird. We've met at the Michigan Widetrackers Dust Off(s) before. I always look forward to seeing your blown V6 Sunbird. I remember you telling me that the block is the numbers matching block! I own the blue/white '72 Lemans convertible. I told you my first car was my grandmother's '71 Vega and how much I loved the H-body cars back in the day! Again welcome to Forever Pontiac.

I remember you too. have made sooo many friends there over the last 24yrs that show has been around. Hope to see you this year. Bringing my GTO for the 1st time ( haven't got to the paint/body yet) and hope to have the Sunbird and G6 there as well.

' timestamp='1335984894' post='71230'] Saw the Sunbird finally. It's so 80's, it's great! :lol: What V6 is that? 3.8L? 4.3L?

Its a 3.8 with 4.3 steel crank/turbo rods, 7:5 to 1 forged slugs, (original block to the car) 16lbs boost put me 2lbs better than Gran National right now...no turbo lag.

Holy shit, that's awesome. Ever heard of FullThrottleV6.com? They'd get a hoot out of your car.

Have any audio of the car? Must sound insane.

' timestamp='1336001195' post='71265'] Holy shit, that's awesome. Ever heard of FullThrottleV6.com? They'd get a hoot out of your car. Have any audio of the car? Must sound insane.

No audio/vid yet. Stage 2 Cam, timing and roller valvetrain are Kenne-Bell Buick. (notta thumper,but sounds healthy) Justa got a new camera that takes vid and waterproof for our trip to Hawaii 2 weeks ago. Amazing. Have to learn about the Utube stuff. Still trying to figure out how to get our trip vids on CD or DVD. LOL Where's a kid when ya need em? Will check out FullThrottleV6.......thankz