Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

SoCal Fun Day at the Runway!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Founders

You can just quote what I put. Thanks. Basically it'll probably not happen this year but, if it happens next year it's going to be HUGE.

If you need more interest I can spam... I mean send out an email to all those registered on the forum?

PM me if it's going to happen, I don't want to waste it if it's not ;)

sucks. and will it be a recurring event?

That's the goal in the end.

If you need more interest I can spam... I mean send out an email to all those registered on the forum?

PM me if it's going to happen, I don't want to waste it if it's not ;)

I'll let you know, thanks Jim!

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update so everyone knows I'm not abandoning this. I have a meeting on Friday with the Semper Ride event coordinator from Headquarters Marine Corps. We will be discussing making this an annual Marine Corps wide event, instead of just a local event.

Sent from my mind using telekinesis.

To make things easier for some, I am posting the latest update that I sent out in an email, on the forums. If you did not receive an email containing this update, please email me saying that you did not receive this update and that way I will know who I may have accidentally not added to the list. Thank you!

Good Afternoon all,

As most of you know I was supposed to have a meeting on Friday the 18th, with the Semper Ride/Safety Officer from Headquarters Marine Corps. That didn't happen. Instead, I talked to the head Traffic and Safety Officer from Headquarters Marine Corps. Our meeting was short and sweet and there is some good news and some bad news coming from this meeting.

I will start with the bad news, since it's always best to end on a good note. Right now, from the away everything is sounding, this event might be geared to only Marines aboard Camp Pendleton. I'm not 100% on this right now, however, that is what it is sounding like from the small meeting I had with him. I did mention that I have a ton of interest from the civilian side and surrounding areas of Camp Pendleton and from as far as Las Vegas. He had said that right now, they are looking at making it a safety event for Marines however, I do have his email and we will be talking back and forth in the upcoming future about this whole thing because he wants more ideas.

The good news is, they have already begun the brainstorming for this event and me bringing up the idea to have it done helped them further their thought process on the set up of the event. They are also thinking about adding an AutoX event and Car Show to it as well, with a coach, to learn about the limits of your car and to see what it can handle. The new goal is to make this not only an event for just Camp Pendleton but, an event for all Marine Corps bases. I believe that something good will come out of this and I am hoping that I can get more interest from them to make this happen. I want to be able to bring the public into this event, I want this to be something that everyone can have and be a part of. If MCAS Miramar can let on hundreds of thousands of people for an Air Show, why can't we bring a bunch of cars on to race?

I will have more updates as I email the Traffic and Safety Officer about the events and the interest that I am getting for it. As of now, we are at 75 people interested. That is much more than I expected right now and I'm sure once there is a for sure set date and everything for this event, the interest will skyrocket.

I appreciate your guys/gals' time and patience about this, I will continue working on this event for everyone and I hope that you continue your support for this event as well. I would not be able to continue if I didn't have the support from you. Thank you.

If anyone has any questions or comments, please email me and I will get back to you within 2-3 days of it being sent.

Thanks again!

ill quote it to the other forums. so still no event for this year?

Probably not on Camp Pendleton. What I can do though, is make a post every time Shift S3ctor holds a runway race. They have them all the time.

• 3 weeks later...

Tired of these Ads? Purchase Enhanced Membership today to remove them!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.