Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

The Badass Automotive Imagery Thread (NSFW possible)

6 Shooter

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

78-Pontiac-Phoenix-DV-11-WG_01.jpg

78-Pontiac-Phoenix-DV-11-WG_04.jpg

Oh look - identical strangers !!!!! Or - My other brother from another mother !!!!!

I must say - and I can't believe I'm agreeing with Chaos on this - I'm not a fan of the wheels on the Mustang either.

for some reason, that red Phoenix seems a bit odd to me. i think im used to havocs black Phoenix. and my likes for the Lancer are the later years but thats jus me.

My 2006 Monte Carlo SS

ENW12231217_zpsfa97a2a2.jpg

ENW1223125_zps13f82dd7.jpg

Not a fan of the wheels. Other than that, sharp Monte.

I can't believe I am actually agreeing with Chaos twice on wheels in the same thread. Damn I get myself check out. :stars:

You have a great looking Monte SS - thanks for sharing it with us.

I still own my set of Cragars SS. I've owned them since I was 19 years old - back in 1979. They are sitting in the storage unit, rusting and dechoming away, waiting for the day I restore them and re-chrome them, put them on the Lemans (it is the last thing I plan to do to the Lemans). So if anyone loves old school Cragars, I am definitely one of them.

I see two problems with these Cragars. First, Chaos is spot on, it is the proportioning. Plus sizing the SS style from the classic 15" rim to 16, 17, or 18" seems to narrow the 5 spokes' dramatic flare that the smaller diameter accentuates. It may be a perspective issue, but they don't look the same. The second problem is the offset. Back in the day, if you ran Cragars, you did so to have meater tires and indented wheels - primarily in back and as much as possible upfront without rubbing the fenders (unless your are JUSTA6's GTO). You have no such radical (from stock) offset so the rims look rather flat albeit chrome.

Back in the day, you ran Cragars because you wanted to show off to the other guys that your car was bad ass too (even if it wasn't, it looked the part).

Here is a picture of a classic 15" Cragar SS with a typical rear tire offset/backspacing. These are not "flat" as compared to yours. Also, perhaps it is the light in your photograph, but your rims don't be as bright at this one. That may simply be a lighting issue though.

1972-ford-gran-torino-front-and-rear-cra

and my likes for the Lancer are the later years but thats jus me.

The Evo V & VI were the pinnacle of the model. At that time they were DOMINATING the WRC and the Evo was the iconic rally car for so many Rally series. Strong, lightweight and didn't cost a fortune to make it race ready.

I can't believe I am actually agreeing with Chaos twice on wheels in the same thread. Damn I get myself check out. :stars:

You have a great looking Monte SS - thanks for sharing it with us.

I still own my set of Cragars SS. I've owned them since I was 19 years old - back in 1979. They are sitting in the storage unit, rusting and dechoming away, waiting for the day I restore them and re-chrome them, put them on the Lemans (it is the last thing I plan to do to the Lemans). So if anyone loves old school Cragars, I am definitely one of them.

I see two problems with these Cragars. First, Chaos is spot on, it is the proportioning. Plus sizing the SS style from the classic 15" rim to 16, 17, or 18" seems to narrow the 5 spokes' dramatic flare that the smaller diameter accentuates. It may be a perspective issue, but they don't look the same. The second problem is the offset. Back in the day, if you ran Cragars, you did so to have meater tires and indented wheels - primarily in back and as much as possible upfront without rubbing the fenders (unless your are JUSTA6's GTO). You have no such radical (from stock) offset so the rims look rather flat albeit chrome.

Back in the day, you ran Cragars because you wanted to show off to the other guys that your car was bad ass too (even if it wasn't, it looked the part).

Here is a picture of a classic 15" Cragar SS with a typical rear tire offset/backspacing. These are not "flat" as compared to yours. Also, perhaps it is the light in your photograph, but your rims don't be as bright at this one. That may simply be a lighting issue though.

1972-ford-gran-torino-front-and-rear-cra

I had them on a Charger I had so I love the Cragers thats why I had to have them on the Monte. If your rims are sitting there rusting sell them too me I will take good care of them.

I had them on a Charger I had so I love the Cragers thats why I had to have them on the Monte. If your rims are sitting there rusting sell them too me I will take good care of them.

I've considered it more than once. I purchased them for my '73 Lemans Sport Coupe when I was 19. I need to put them on the '72 Lemans to make sure they will fit the fender wells first. Like I said, I know that they will be the last mod I do to the car. That's when I know the car is done.

original.jpg

Long live American Muscle! That is the sentiment we get in this golden era of automobiles when V8 engines are ruling the world. Lets all face it, smaller turbo-charged 4 and 6 bangers are on the horizon to become the end of todays automotive V8 brute. It is just a matter of time at this point.

www.automotiveaddicts.com