Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

[Video Game] Reckless Getaway

While I do consider myself a gamer, I'm not exactly into the latest and greatest with the current gen consoles. However, the iPod/mobile game market is always flourishing with games, made by both up and coming developers, to even Sega and Nintendo.

c2fc86cb.jpg

This was a surprise hit for me, as I did not hold very high expectations going by the screen shots. The reviews, however, showed otherwise.

Made by Pixelbite Studios and Polarbite Games, Reckless Driving is a very simple, yet satisfying and challenging driving/chase game.

2e311cf3.jpg

The controls are simple, the arrows on the left and right steer your car, acceleration is automatic, and the way the maps are laid out, no need for slowing down, so the action is always flowing forward.

127ec29f.jpg

Two modes of play are available, Getaway and Wreckless. In Getaway, you drive a yellow muscle car, dodging the police chasing you. Your car's health can sink fast if you wack into too many cars and walls. Your car's health slowly regenerates. Power ups are plentiful, (shown as red question marks) turbo boost, jump, and a radius blast that blows away all destroyable objects and cars around you.

9d8b9630.jpg

Wreckless mode is much more action than just running from the cops. You're using a green semi, and cars are much less of a threat. Unlike Getaway, your goal is to cause as much damage and get as close to as four stars as you can. But you can't get too carried away, there's still the threat of falling off of the roads completely, running into poles and walls, and trains and trams.

e42b59d5.jpg

The fun factor is great with Reckless Getaway, as is the replay value. Trying to score four stars on all the levels in both game modes will certainly keep you coming back for more. The graphics aren't the best, but the framerate is excellent with keeping up with the fast pace. The sounds suit the game well, overall, a good game. Well worth the .99 cents in the App store.

8/10

d9c7ac73.jpg

d41ebd96.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!