Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

The Angry Dumpster is Gone!

Frosty

Well this happened rather quickly. My wife called me on Saturday while I was at the Detroit Autorama. She asked me what I thought of the Chevy Traverse. I told her it was a nice vehicle and it was the Chevy version of the Buick Enclave that she drove for the Buick Open as a courtesy driver a few years ago and loved so much. Then I said "Why?"

Seems our "ex" brother-in-law (who is a Chevy salesman in the dealership a few blocks from my house) had a woman trade-in a 2011 Chevy Traverse with 6,600 miles on it for a 2012 Impala. The dealership was selling the Traverse for $25K (which is about half the original MSRP)! Tim (our ex-BIL) had called my wife's baby sister initially since he know she needed something newer, but it was too big and the color, Gold Mist Metallic, is "an old person's color" according to her. So my sister-in-law called my wife, my wife thought about it, took her Aztek to the dealership and had it evaluated since it has about 130K on it. So my wife asked me what I thought of the deal. I said if that is what she wants to go for it.

So they gave her $4k for the Aztek in trade on the Traverse. So yesterday, the Aztek, (a.k.a. the Angry Dumpster) is gone. We have one less Pontiac now. My wife is a little melancholy since she now has a car payment. We have a nearly new Travese though, with the 3rd row of seats. The only thing from her old car that my wife misses is the power sun roof. Right now she doesn't like the running boards on the Traverse either. I suspect I will have to take them off by the weekend.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like all the GM Lambda platform suv's

congrats :cheers:

Hey don't fell bad about it not being a Pontiac it still has a split grill like the Pontiac's if you turn your head sideways. :lol:

That hurts my neck. Plus I don't get to keep the console cooler (sorry notallthere). Now I need to grab a couple out of the bone yards to airbrush them.

How well I know about the 3.6L High Feature V6. I use to manage the Flint Engine South (where the HFV6 is built) and the Flint 3800 engine plants from an IT perspective. I am very familiar with these engines, their applications, and their versatility. I will keep the water pump/coolant issue in mind though.

• Founders

Glad to hear you got a deal on it. What trim is it, LTZ?

I drove a Traverse back when my mom was looking at SUVs. Didn't quite like it but could have been because it was the base model. I love the Buick Enclave though so I'm so I would love this equipped better.

Still glad we wound up with a Terrain though, it's awesome.

I beleive it is the LT trim level. Cloth seats but it has lower back and butt front seat warmers. My boy loves the bluetooth capability of the car. So far, I got to sit in the passenger seat for 5 minutes while the boy is showing me all the options this thing has. It was pretty amusing.

• Founders

I beleive it is the LT trim level. Cloth seats but it has lower back and butt front seat warmers. My boy loves the bluetooth capability of the car. So far, I got to sit in the passenger seat for 5 minutes while the boy is showing me all the options this thing has. It was pretty amusing.

:lol: I did that with my mom with the Terrain. It's pretty neat what these cars have now.

Yeah, I might have to step up to a newer vehicle in the next few years. The Avalanche just rolled over 100,000 miles last week.

Not to bash gm but the way they have their bluetooth setup is kinda old fashion and riduclus compared to most cars of today. I have nothing for or against the traverse, much more of a tohoe or yukon guy for sure. Congrats on the purchase though, I am sure your wife will be happy.

I like all the GM Lambda platform suv's

HAHAHAHA Did you look it up and then copy and paste that? It's a different size than the rest.

Congrats on the new Traverse!!!

yea so I just dident want to type all the models. lol

You stuck in the 70's havoc?

I guess, D:

My dad says that getting into that car puts you into a time warp. The only station that comes in good it the classic rock station. I get in that car and I live in the 70's

My dad says that getting into that car puts you into a time warp. The only station that comes in good it the classic rock station. I get in that car and I live in the 70's

Hmmm... must be tuned into "Z Rock" then Havoc.

Turn it up and rip the knob off! If its too loud, you're too old! If its too loud, tough !!!

I will try to see get some pictures of the new and old this weekend. I have to assume my wife took some pictures.

That hurts my neck. Plus I don't get to keep the console cooler (sorry notallthere). Now I need to grab a couple out of the bone yards to airbrush them.

Nope !

• Founders

The other stations in my car may not come in clear, we'll never know nor would I be disappointed. I only listen to the Classic Rock stations and a 70s-80s mix station around here :lol: