Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

87's Garage

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

And now my brother needed a car since he can't ride the GSXR in the winter, soooo for the past 2 days I've driven a toal of 10 hours back and forth to Buffalo to get this for him. (Damn responsibilites of his like school...)

pro5-1.jpg

We'll test it to see how it compares to the GTP. I'm pretty positive that the GTP would destroy it in a straight line but around a track I've heard the Protege is one of the best handling FWD out there.

Thanks Mariachi.

And Young Gun, we definitely need to meet up one day at the track.

My buddy went to the track without me and blew his clutch in his 86 Conquest TSi. I was supposed to race him, and I'm pretty sure I'd win. I got a new registration at the DMV, where I found out the GTP technically didn't even have plates. I also lost my license (found it a day or 2 later) AND the car wasn't inspected... fixed all that now though. I've been wanting to wash the GTP but it's rained every day for the past 4 or 5 days. I don't work again til Friday so the car's getting washed some time between now and then, and then maybe some pics with stuff...

Idk what you got done to your GTP but here ya go

drag and most likely around the track GTP>protege(non-speed) Plus wagon doesn't help the weight distrabution

Once again idk what is going on with him and his TSI but stock vs stock you'd have him by almost if not a full second if you know how to launch properly cause GTP's run mid 14's correct? TSI's run mid 15's stock

• 2 weeks later...

Bought yet another toy, this one for summer fun

jetski.jpg

1996 Kawasaki 1100 ZXI

Plans are to have a blast this summer, then sometime during the fall have the ski repainted in silver with black accents. I hate the color schemes of jet ski's. My buddy has a 97 Kawasaki 1100 ZXI that's been custom painted black and green, looks sharp. Botttom silver, trim black, all the red will be silver, the current silver will be black, the mirrors will be silver, the seat will be black, the handle bars will be black and the grips will be silver. Once I get a vette it'll match perfectly, and it'll kind of match the GTP too. Oh and also get rid of this trailer and get a bigger, nicer trailer.

gtpandski.jpg

YES!!

• Founders

Nice! I would never own a jet-ski or boat unless I had the money to park it at a club where they take care of it, I have too much on my mind :lol: and water crafts are a lot of work.

Oh yeah, this isn't a toy where I can just buy it, then sell it and get my money back. But the money I put into it annually will be worth it for the fun I get out of it. I probably wouldn't have bought it if I didn't have the buddy mentioned above to help me along the way

• 1 month later...

Going to go look at this Grand Prix tomarrow. I need another winter rat. Either this Grand Prix:

http://syracuse.crai...3176699125.html

or this Fiero that I might go look at later this week:

http://rochester.cra...3187893135.html

If neither of these work out then I'll just have to be more patient. Really want either a 1st gen Wbody, either a cutlass supreme or a grand prix or a fiero. Really want black for the wbody but willing to settle. Fiero I'd like 6cyl but if a good 4 shows up, then that'll work. The Fiero mentioned above is an automatic 4cyl, and claims the 3k is firm. But he also says the body is mint and that the entire brake system is new. Thoughts?

Just bought my new rat, 1993 Buick Lesabre. I told the guy I didn't need the tires, so he took some off the top. Not a spec of rust on it:
wr.jpg
I'm going to get white letter tires and wrap them around black steelies. Tails are tinted, and the front grille is done in black

• 3 weeks later...

Finally back on here. Yea the Buick sat pretty high with those rims. Before I picked up the car I had the guy switch those rims out for the stock steelies. It sits normal with the steelies. I got a pic around here somewhere...

Got it

downsized_0819121850.jpg

Then imagine these on it

downsized_0819122053.jpg

Oh and update: my brother sold his Protege5. Now he currently has my older brother's 90's Buick Century, which he also plans on selling for a profit. Not even gunna waste my time posting a pic of his Century, but I do kinda get excited about both of us owning Buicks, the Buick Bros

• 1 month later...

Been awhile since I posted last. Today I bought a 04 Hyundai Accent GT with 49k miles for $2800. Gave the guy very little money and my Buick. Nothing wrong with it other than having a salvage/rebuilt title and the A/C doesn't work, which I don't care since it's a winter rat. A girl owned it and did HIDs, a K&N intake and a deck. I pick it up tommarow. The Buick's transmission failed miserably. It wouldn't even go into gear. So now the GTP is going back off the road for the winter. And just for shiz and giggles, I'm throwing it onto craigslist just to see if anyone will buy it.

Been awhile since I posted last. Today I bought a 04 Hyundai Accent GT with 49k miles for $2800. Gave the guy very little money and my Buick. Nothing wrong with it other than having a salvage/rebuilt title and the A/C doesn't work, which I don't care since it's a winter rat. A girl owned it and did HIDs, a K&N intake and a deck. I pick it up tommarow. The Buick's transmission failed miserably. I wouldn't even go into gear. So now the GTP is going back off the road for the winter. And just for shiz and giggles, I'm throwing it onto craigslist just to see if anyone will buy it.

No A/C in the winter sucks dude. Windows take forever to defog because when you set it to defog the A/C runs to pull the moisture out of the air

You don't need A/C. You get the same effect by rolling the window down. I've run the Phoenix through two winters with just heat bc the A/C system was never charged.

Gave up on American reliability. These 4 banger imports may look stupid, but this Hyundai will last much longer than that Buick. When the guy came to pick it up it was leaking oil, wouldn't go into any gear, and blew a brake line. Such a shame since I liked the styling, ride and engine. Got pics:
Hyundai.jpg
Hyundai2.jpg
And I like this one cuz the GTP looks pissed it's getting replaced by this little bug. They are like 2 brothers, mean older brother and the one that didn't get enough air...
Hyundai3.jpg
I have to admit, driving this thing is actually kind of fun. It handles like a go kart, and I actually have heat now. Took me around an hour to figure out how to use the deck, still don't know how to use it but I can now hear music, so that's good. No tilt or cruise, not liking that. No power locks, annoying. Manual power windows, doesn't bother me, at least I know they'll be reliable. And man is this thing slow. I'll feel like I'm going 60 and I'm only doing 40. Merging onto the highway is kind of scary. But for what it is and what I paid for it, I'm happy. Already looking forward to spring when I get back into the GTP or possibly a vette

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Alright, so I have some updates. Sold the Hyundai for a very decent profit. The 02 GP is now my daily. The head lights were fogged when I got it and the tails had moisture in them. So I'm doing some visual mods. Pics to follow. I also bought a bike, 08 V Star 650 custom. Selling the GTP

Originally I was going to sell the GTP, sell the Hyundai, and buy a vette and a bike, more specifically a silver C5 vert. Then save up over the summer and buy another rat. But after cleaning the GT I fell for it. I'd still sell it, but for the time being I'm going to use it as my daily summer and winter. The a/c actually works, the heat works, and overall its a great car. And I don't have much in it to begin with. Besides I'm going to be riding my bike most of the time anyways. So then it came down to money. I sell the GT, I have that in the bank. I sell the GTP, I have even more in the bank. I'd take more money everyday of the week. My current line up is 02 GT, 01 GTP, 69 van (never selling), 08 V Star, 75 RD60, 96 jetski and 79 Express II. I want to sell the 75 Yamaha, the jetski and the GTP. Save more money, move out. Then who knows. If the blue grand prix dies, then I'll just replace it with another grand prix, preferably a deep red one, and GT. GTP needs at least 91 oct, more expensive insurance, and I know this sounds stupid, but it's too nice. I didn't want to do any of the mods I've done to the blue one because the GTP is mint. The parts are too nice to replace. I am going to miss the speed though. I was racing a charger and lost due to the GT being limited to 105 <_<