Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

ok spring time is exhaust time.. finally. chaoswever i've pmed you a while back and i love your setup.

i'm wanting to do flowmaster crossflow muffler just like the stock muffler, along with a glasspack and/or hi-flo cat.

for you grand am owners on here, would it be a bad idea with both hiflo cat and glasspack, or should i just leave one of them out?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

as of right now i have ported upper and 65mm TB. getting ported lower sometime this spring/summer. and headers.. not sure if i'll ever be getting them......

I've run several different setups on GA's, and I don't know if I've ever thrown a light because of exhaust.

Personally, with the V6, I would go with a high flow cat and no resonator. I ran that setup on my 2.4 for a while, but it was a little loud, so I added a resonator. My GT doesn't have a res, but with the headers, its still pretty loud. Many people think that it sounds better to have the res if you're running headers, but its personal opinion.

If you want a quick soundclip of my GT, let me know, I can throw one up.

so you just ran hi-flo cat then what muffler?

S&S headers, S&S high flow cat, SLP cat-back.

The SLP catback is no longer made (nor the headers, actually), but I'm sure you can get a SLP muffler.

on my GA that i owned i used two Flomasters with simple dual outlets. just put in a "Y" and run each muffler.

oh and for godsakes keep a resinator on there. i hate that rasp exhausts get without them

on my GA that i owned i used two Flomasters with simple dual outlets. just put in a "Y" and run each muffler.

oh and for godsakes keep a resinator on there. i hate that rasp exhausts get without them

Why not use a crossflow? That's what I have with mine. The Flowmaster 80 series was ment for F-bodies, but sounds great with our V6's.

Better yet, here's my setup:

Magnaflow high flow cat

Cherry Bomb glasspack as resonator (18" in length)

Flowmaster 80 series muffler

My vid:

could you hook me up with links to where i get a downpipe with 2.5" piping? i've looked but i guess i haven't looked hard enough. i'm not sure if i like the way the hi-flo cat makes it sound i might just run straight to glasspack then a flowmaster 80.