Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Boston kid new to FP

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

' timestamp='1329078119' post='66564']...Note: Don't add a banner larger than 500x170.

wait, i thought it was still 600x150? or was it changed with the forum update?

thanks lol and i saw ur progression thread lol its insane. im amazed at what you did to ur car and i think its great. got any tips?

I can probably speak for him when I say: Money :lol2:

Lol. Yeah time, money, learning how to do a lot of things on your own, and not listening to people that don't get it.

I also had plenty of time without much money to learn and really figure out what I wanted to do.

That thread is probably the past 4 years of on and off work but 10 years of learning and figuring out what works. I had my first 95 Bonnie from 02-06' and second from 07+.

Lol. Yeah time, money, learning how to do a lot of things on your own, and not listening to people that don't get it.

I also had plenty of time without much money to learn and really figure out what I wanted to do.

That thread is probably the past 4 years of on and off work but 10 years of learning and figuring out what works. I had my first 95 Bonnie from 02-06' and second from 07+.

dam dude thats a long time. see i wanna work on my car but unfortunatly i dont have the tools/knowhow when it comes to working on it. ive managed to diagnose some problems that it has but im unable to fix it cus my dad is the one with the money lol

' timestamp='1329078119' post='66564']

1) That reflects your post count, different titles for different post amounts. Reach past the 500 post count and you change change the user title.

Holy shit, I never knew this. GONNA JUMP THIS ONE BABY!

dam dude thats a long time. see i wanna work on my car but unfortunatly i dont have the tools/knowhow when it comes to working on it. ive managed to diagnose some problems that it has but im unable to fix it cus my dad is the one with the money lol

Yeah, when I had no money for a bunch of tools I borred a buddy's from auto tech school. I did my first head/cam swap like that. lol.

Get a set of the factory service manuals for your year/car. They have more info than you'd ever want to know. They're seriously priceless at this stage in the game. Ebay has them every now and then.

www.gmpartseast.com has a bunch of exploded diagrams and random parts still available. They took all the left over parts from the dealership warehouses once they stopped selling them.

Get a set of the factory service manuals for your year/car. They have more info than you'd ever want to know. They're seriously priceless at this stage in the game. Ebay has them every now and then.

www.gmpartseast.com has a bunch of exploded diagrams and random parts still available. They took all the left over parts from the dealership warehouses once they stopped selling them.

aww yes! thank you!

• 1 month later...

turns out itll need a lot of work cus now we think tranny might be dieing lol could only go like 20 miles an hour on the way home yesterday. literally had to use gravity from hills to get home lol

we fixed the trans line like 2 months ago.

But anyway, here is the whole story.

When im driving, I could gradually press down on the gas and the car would shift perfectly, but sometimes, (say im going 40 already) I would punch it, and the car would kind of buck. (im not sure if that’s a proper word for it) it would kind of accelerate for a split second and stop accelerating and keep doing it for like 3 seconds. This has been going on for a while and I kept telling my dad we had to do something about it but he just said “yea, yea, we’ll get to it” and obviously we didn’t. so the other day I went to get a coffee, the way there was fine. But it was strange, because that morning when I woke up I had a strange feeling about my tranny dying ahaha. So on the way back from the coffee shop my car could not go over 30. I would press on the gas all the way but it would just do that bucking thing. But this time it wasn’t the same. before it would literally make the whole car shake, this time I could barely feel it. I realized the only way to get home was to go up a huge hill and when I got there I didn’t think it would make it up and I was like “awwww this is really bad.” I had to pull off to the side like 4 times to let everyone else pass. After the hill it would only go 20 mph unless I was going downhill. Then when I pressed the gas, it would buck for like 3 seconds and then it would just stop bucking and keep going at a steady 20mph. luckily I had to go down a hill so I could pick up speed to go up the next hills. (I thank physics) I haven’t driven it since that day and Idk whats wrong with it. I think it may be the tranny cus ive heard that trannys don’t last that long in the bonnevilles (but I have heard of some lasting forever). My dad doesn’t want to jump to conclusions about the tranny so he thinks it could be the gear selector thing (not gonna lie, I have no idea whats going on).

I forgot to mention this, during the bucking, the rpms would jump up and drop down again. And the other day the rps could not go above 2000 or else it would start bucking. My dad already told me that if it’s the tranny hes gonna hesitate putting more money into it and will just keep it in a garage somewhere until im 40 and can fix it myself. (he also threatens hes gonna buy me a silver Toyota 1998 camry with cloth seats if the car dies lol, in which case, id rather have my purple bike from the 80’s that we named purple fury)

sorry for the long post, SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!! :stars:

i just read online that this could also be the result of a clogged fuel filter? which makes sense because the car stalls sometimes when it has less than half a tank of gas and goes around corners/uphill at the same time. but that is because of a faulty fuel pump, so would this mean i just need to change the pump and the filter?

It wouldn't hurt to check fuel pressure at the rail. I think I got my gauge for like $30 at the local parts store.

I had a similar bucking/speed limitation issues with a clogged cat. It would get worse as the car went from cold to hot.

Unless you're redlining the car at 30 mph when it's not going any faster, it sounds more like an engine related issue. Transmissions usually just let go and the rpms will be too high for the circumstances.