Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

REQUEST: How to Paint Your Engine?

100_0159.jpg

109_0041.jpg

i has 5 for sale, with tubes...

how much you want to pay?

idk because i honestly have no money right now..i have 15 dollars and i will not take them for that because you deserve more then that..i will get money somewhere...how much do you want for them?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pfft...i don't really care... got 4 of them from a member on here...(now i can say that :lol2: )

how bout 10 bucks plus shipping....

scottt!! let me ask my momma. can you give me till like tomorrow night because i am gonna do a little cleaning tomorrow haha...gotta do something to get paid arround here haha

take your time em, i've had them since around fall-ish. plus don't wanna take all 15 bucks you have...lol

i'll save one for ya...you can save on shipping if you can wait til spring. remember the meet? lol

*if you do go to paint the engine, you know they make "high temp" clear coat too? paint won't fade as fast as just regular spray bomb (rattle can)

take your time em, i've had them since around fall-ish. plus don't wanna take all 15 bucks you have...lol

i'll save one for ya...you can save on shipping if you can wait til spring. remember the meet? lol

*if you do go to paint the engine, you know they make "high temp" clear coat too? paint won't fade as fast as just regular spray bomb (rattle can)

oh yeah!! i will just wait till then and then by that time i will have more then 15 and i will give you more =] when is that meet..have we set a date annd where?

Columbus Sunday May the 2nd at the Quaker steak (from what phil says)...unless you want me to ship...lol

naahh.. i will be there but wont be eating there haha i can tell ya thats for sure..ate there once and will never ever ever eat there again!! polaris has some other good food places i will hit up haha

I painted my engine cover with duplicolor and used krylon triple thick clear (or something like that) It has held up to the heat, even on my braces and everything. All I had to do was sand it so it's smooth.

I painted my engine cover with duplicolor and used krylon triple thick clear (or something like that) It has held up to the heat, even on my braces and everything. All I had to do was sand it so it's smooth.

wait so you sanded the cover?

Ghost that looks great when do we get to see it all finished?

Here is mine :welcomeFP:

I used some automotive paint from autozone. I forget what but I think it was duplicolor but im not sure.

23951780060_large.jpg

23951780046_large.jpg

23951780059_large.jpg

23951780070_large.jpg

yup sanded the covers then paint them, then more sanding, more paint over and over. Kinda took forever cuz I have a 3 color design. Also put a couple of coats of clear on it to with some more sanding. :welcomeFP:

i think i am going to do it over the summer that way i have enough time and everything

yeah just a time consuming project and patience is needed. The paint will come out better in warmer weather anyways.

• Founders

Yea that's when I did mine. I remember I was itching to do something to the car, didn't have money for anything and was just like OH I can paint the engine covers :agreed: like $15 or so and a couple days later and I had me some blue and grey engine covers! :lol2:

I didn't sand mine, I only sanded my metal pieces, like the dogbones and stb a lot of people are shocked that I didn't sand my cover itself, but that's been 1 year in May and it still looks like I just did it.

I didn't sand mine, I only sanded my metal pieces, like the dogbones and stb a lot of people are shocked that I didn't sand my cover itself, but that's been 1 year in May and it still looks like I just did it.

Some plastics work really well, while others just let the paint run