Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Intake on 2010 G6 2.4

I just bought a 2010 G6 with a 2.4 I wanted to put a cold air intake on, but no one make one for it. So I order a bunch of universal parts to build my own. Problem is now she throws a code.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

Sadly that's the issue with the 2.4L in the base. People have worked around it but always have had a CEL come on at some point. I don't think anyone has had a solution? I'll let the 2.4L guys comment on the validity of that statement

yup, its sad. :( i have a partial intake (plan to make it full someday), still have the stock air box which has the MAF on it. so the way around it, (full) intake, exhaust and tune. the exhaust isnt neccessary but its a good mod. but the tune, yes. :D also, there are 2.4 intakes. Injen, K&N, AEM, maybe a few more but you have to cross over to the Cobalt name to find them.

The great thing about GM is cross platform interchangability. As said, look for Delta platform (IE, the Cobalt, Ion and G5) intakes with LE5 power (the 2.4L Ecotec ;) )

Look for a tune with your intake install to rid the annoying SES light that comes with changing the airbox.

• 4 weeks later...

a solution for the LE5 intake... hrmmm... howabout the LSJ SC Swap... it is uber common on the ion, cobalt and G5 crowd.

that is the only intake you will ever need. Forced Induction