Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

G6 steering wheel in a Grand am

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders
' timestamp='1326425166' post='64940']

Yeah, to boot some 6G's had electric steering assist, so that might be an issue too on the wheel's compatibility.

Can't 100% remember but I think it's only the 2009.5 and 2010's

i was going to look for one without the steering wheel controls. don't really care about the volume on the wheel stuff anyway.

as for trying it. airbag's are expensive. i'm not talking about swapping the whole column but un-bolt the wheel (use a steering wheel puller) and just swap the wheel itself.

Also, compare how the G6 airbag wires up. I know there is a weird spring wire in the GA, but that's all I remember from when I took the wheel off..

Check the wiring. If the wiring is the same for the wheel then great. You could adapt the wiring the only problem is in some places it is illegal to even repair an airbag wiring system. So in Ontario it is replace only.

For me it looks like both cars from picture the physical wheel itself is the same mounting (centre splined with a nut) but like I said the limiting factor would be the wiring at this point.

Check the wiring. If the wiring is the same for the wheel then great. You could adapt the wiring the only problem is in some places it is illegal to even repair an airbag wiring system. So in Ontario it is replace only.

For me it looks like both cars from picture the physical wheel itself is the same mounting (centre splined with a nut) but like I said the limiting factor would be the wiring at this point.

i'll have to see if i can find a pinout for the G6 airbag. from the pics it looks the same mounting wise. i've had the steering wheel off a Grand am before. (was gong to grab one with the audio controls on the wheel but decided not to).

well it is a pontiac wheel so unless the inspection guy starts asking questions they wouldn't know the difference.