Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Havoc's Questions Post.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I also had 5 Guys today.

:lol: this again? why do you guys leave yourselves vulnerable with comments like this?

I also had 5 Guys today.

that sounds so gay....

and wow your a slut!

:rofl:

• 1 month later...

I wish u asked this morning, I was at the dealer and they had a red one. I would of looked for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a button or something on the "dash" left of the steering wheel? That's where mine are on both the G6 and Camaro.

On the tree, the one with the Cruise Control/Headlights/Turn Signal control, is (according to my owners manual) where the Fog control is supposed to be. It isn't. There is just a non-functioning plastic place holder for where it is supposed to be. I've looked up this and apparently all the wires for it are in the car, but are disconnected from the fusebox/whatever, and you don't need anything more than a new tree. What the hell?

is the light in question just a running light or daytime running light?

is the light in question just a running light or daytime running light?

It never comes on. I've done everything. I've driven at night (thought maybe the sensor controlled it) and it didn't come on. I tested every setting on the tree for the lights and it never comes on. The amber lights come on the but fogs below it never do. I don't think this car came with foglights. I think the base model didn't have them. But it appears that some one put the dual fog/signals in.

It never comes on. I've done everything. I've driven at night (thought maybe the sensor controlled it) and it didn't come on. I tested every setting on the tree for the lights and it never comes on. The amber lights come on the but fogs below it never do. I don't think this car came with foglights. I think the base model didn't have them. But it appears that some one put the dual fog/signals in.

Assuming you are right on that theory Havoc, then they might not have run the wiring properly and there is no switch to connect them. Now on my past S10s and on my Avalanche, there is a separate switch to activate them (which is your original question - I know). Now the fogs come off when the high beams come on. Those switches are on the dash near the headlight switch (but still a separate switch). Take some pictures of the dash, driver's door controls, and the steer wheel and column switches. My hunch is you are missing the switch on your stock dash and you may have to add one and insure the wiring between the switch and dash works.

20120512152010.jpg20120512151957.jpg

This is a Fuse diagram I pulled online. Its basically the same as mine. But mine doesn't map number 7 (FOG LPS). On Mine it goes ...5-6-9...

2007-Pontiac-Grand-Prix-Fuse-Box-Diagram.gif2007-Pontiac-Grand-Prix-Fuse-Box-Map.gif

My box

318288_3485091760654_1072187700_3116123_2055807459_n.jpg

I can see an open slot for the fuse though.

Trust me, there is nothing there. And the manual says that its on the stalk. Look at the picture of the light control stalk. There is the light control switch and an exactly identical one next to it that has no labels. According to my manual (It covers Base, GT, and GXP models) that is where the Fog switch it supposed to be, but its only a fixed, plastic placeholder.

Like I said previously. I think someone put those fogs in from a GT/GXP but only wired the turn signals, because the fuse box has the slot for the fog lights but doesn't map it or have a fuse in it.

In fact, if I can recall correctly, this car had the front bumper replaced because of a small bump accident. Maybe its the doing of a ignorant mechanic? I don't know. But one thing is for sure, I have fog lights on a model that isn't supposed to have them. That doesn't mean I can't have them though, I'll have to wire them.