Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Not a fun day

• Founders

Not a fun day today. Was on my way to class from work and I get off the highway and take a right. Start accelerating and bam sounds like rocks underneath my car, took a look and saw that there were no rocks underneath me and something was wrong so immediately pulled over thinking the worst. Pulled into a gas station and popped the hood. The serpitine belt is shredded half to bits.This was a good 40min ish before my class started so I figured I could get a tow truck out bring it to my buddy I trust for repairs, have him work on it at his dealership then call a friend and have them drive me to class.

Whelp, the fun ensues... The tow truck driver took over 2 hours to come pick me up, needless to say I missed my class (by an hour lol). The tow truck driver agrees with all that I told him after looking and we load it up and are on our way to my buddy's dealership (where I used to work, bought the car and used to be a Pontiac dealer). Get down there, my buddy is gone already so I talk with a service rep. This guy is the first decent/great guy I've talked to in a while at a dealership, thank the lord for that lol. Got to talking about sports and a bunch of other items, saw I was who I was and got a free rental (Chevy Impala).

Overall I'm pissed about the belt shredding and the tow truck being late but I'm glad it happened when it did and from what I could see nothing extensive was done. Just glad the tow truck driver and the service guy were really cool. PLUS what made my day worth it was the lady from Enterprise that took me from the dealership to their location was REALLY HOT!! Round my age too but of course had an engagement ring on :( No play for Ringo :(

Anywho dehydrated and tired but that was my shitty day...

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Not a fun day today. Was on my way to class from work and I get off the highway and take a right. Start accelerating and bam sounds like rocks underneath my car, took a look and saw that there were no rocks underneath me and something was wrong so immediately pulled over thinking the worst. Pulled into a gas station and popped the hood. The serpitine belt is shredded half to bits.This was a good 40min ish before my class started so I figured I could get a tow truck out bring it to my buddy I trust for repairs, have him work on it at his dealership then call a friend and have them drive me to class.

Whelp, the fun ensues... The tow truck driver took over 2 hours to come pick me up, needless to say I missed my class (by an hour lol). The tow truck driver agrees with all that I told him after looking and we load it up and are on our way to my buddy's dealership (where I used to work, bought the car and used to be a Pontiac dealer). Get down there, my buddy is gone already so I talk with a service rep. This guy is the first decent/great guy I've talked to in a while at a dealership, thank the lord for that lol. Got to talking about sports and a bunch of other items, saw I was who I was and got a free rental (Chevy Impala).

Overall I'm pissed about the belt shredding and the tow truck being late but I'm glad it happened when it did and from what I could see nothing extensive was done. Just glad the tow truck driver and the service guy were really cool. PLUS what made my day worth it was the lady from Enterprise that took me from the dealership to their location was REALLY HOT!! Round my age too but of course had an engagement ring on :( No play for Ringo :(

Anywho dehydrated and tired but that was my shitty day...

You had a shitty day?

Shoulda seen me on Saturday

hahahah

I'll have to make a damange report thread

BUt hell yeah dude, that sucks. At least its not that big of a deal, it not like you have a major repair on your 6er.

Wow with the miles on your 6 your belt should of not failed! belts last 100k to 120k or so. thats really strange I hope the tensioner pulley or something isent bad and the cause of the belt breaking.

• Founders

Wow with the miles on your 6 your belt should of not failed! belts last 100k to 120k or so. thats really strange I hope the tensioner pulley or something isent bad and the cause of the belt breaking.

I was told every 60k-ish in Florida they need to be changed but still I just got over 46k miles. I checked all pulleys and all seemed "well" but I didn't do much inspection because I was in a suit from work and wanted to remain respectable should I had to go back. I'm just hoping that if there is an issue it gets solved here, one less headache is much respected at this point in my life.

• Founders
' timestamp='1326161348' post='64601']

Pfft. Have a car with 151K, then you worry about everything going wrong! Yay!

Very true. Just stressed out and didn't need this today. Super glad I got the rental though cause I got 2 freelance meetings tomorrow.