Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Fan/Switch/Resistor

So I got in the car tonight and found that the fan was not on but the knob was on the high setting. After a bump or two on the road the fan came on and the selector works. So what part would you think is going first. I have noticed a slight noise coming from the fan in the car over the past could weeks.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Possible blower motor or blower motor resistor is bad or the connection is starting to break down, A weak or shaky fuse? Loose or corroded electrical connection?

I will have to check the fuse. I will take the switch and check all of the connections but right now it is working. If it persists or become permanent then I will worry about it.

Figures it would go in the winter when I need it not in the spring when it does not matter.

Sent from my laptop while I am in the nude.

I will have to check the fuse. I will take the switch and check all of the connections but right now it is working. If it persists or become permanent then I will worry about it.

Figures it would go in the winter when I need it not in the spring when it does not matter.

Sent from my laptop while I am in the nude.

Sounds like Murphy's Law dude.

Oh, and just a tad bit TMI !!!!! I don't need this visual in my head !!!!

So I was paying attention to the fan when driving around on Saturday. A couple times I noticed that the fan took a couple minutes to fully spool up or was week spinning when operating. It would vary from time to time. Without going through the car I am pretty sure that it is the fan motor itself. I may try a junkyard one first for $20.00 before I go nuts on a new one. Also I may know how to rebuild the old one.

• 4 months later...

Okay the blower finally took a dump. It did not work for 3 days straight. I found a new one for $40.00 from one of my suppliers in Michigan. The funny part is that this thing retails for over $120.00 in the United States and $250.00 in Canada.

I replaced the fan and everything works great. It is a pain in the acura to get to but not that bad.