Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Supercharged Grand Am GT

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks clean.

What fitting(s) did you use for the nozzle? I need to tie into a pipe for an external IAC and it looks like I could use something similar.

Looks clean.

What fitting(s) did you use for the nozzle? I need to tie into a pipe for an external IAC and it looks like I could use something similar.

Oh Im not sure bro lol. The nozzle was threaded. So I just took it to home depot, looked for a fitting that screwed into it andmade sure the other end was big enough to fill the hole already in my intake that was designed for pcv.

But thanks guys. Mounts, then dyno time.

' timestamp='1332435092' post='68801']

Very interested to see what WHP it lays down. I know it's no beast like Spy's, but I still have a good feeling for good #'s.

Oh definitely not lol. Even if my motor was built built, even with/for the supercharger setup, would be lucky to see past 300hp. But my high hope and goal is to see 230hp after tuned but I doubt it. Realistically... I bet 210-215hp.

Oh definitely not lol. Even if my motor was built built, even with/for the supercharger setup, would be lucky to see past 300hp. But my high hope and goal is to see 230hp after tuned but I doubt it. Realistically... I bet 210-215hp.

:blink: Really no offence im shocked its that low I was expecting more..... My g6 gt has 220hp with little to not much done to it.

thats a good question I should of asked that with my post.

thanks Jimmy but I still hate you. ;)

:lol:

that does sound a lot better when you put it that way.

• Founders

thats a good question I should of asked that with my post.

thanks Jimmy but I still hate you. ;)

:lol:

;)

' timestamp='1332549705' post='68968']

The LD9 was rated around 140HP. For him to see 215WHP means he's got around 240ish at the crank.

That is a nice gain.

Yup muy bueno!!

Yeah the LD9 (2.4 twin cam) is actually rated at 150hp which is about 128hp to the wheels. I hope to dyno 230hp quite simply thats pretty much a gain of 100hp to this motor with no internal mods, and twice the power the m45 supercharger was to put out.

But yes 215whp is like 240 at the crank. If I got my target of 230whp Id be around 260-270hp I think. There are calculators online for that but you get the idea.

Actually now that I think about it GTPs dyno at 200hp stock when rated at 240hp. If I dyno 215 it would be more than 240hp. Sweet. Lol.

Well some update. Got that damn torque strut mount in, although it was meant for a jbody. Had to hack up one end a bit but its in.

23kqd11.jpg

Now for the transmission mounts. I had purchased some from Turbo Tech Racing (which again are intended for a jbody) and sure as it is.... The jbody mounts (although the same platform) are indeed different from mine. The journey begins.

This first pic here is a comparison. The one with yellow on it is mine. Notice how the casting is different and the insert is much smaller than the jbody. You can really see the size difference in picture number two.

2hmmw5l.jpg

2uysimo.jpg

After looking at them both for a half hour, I concluded it should fit. All bolt points meet at the same distance. So I am here to tell you YES a jbody front mount will work for our cars.

142ylc1.jpg

2dvppww.jpg

This is where I got a little upset. I was hoping the rear mount would be the same case... Nope. Look closely in this pic. Again mine is the smaller one. Not only is the insert smaller, but all the bolt down areas are NOT at the same distance. The jbody mount is longer.

9ghd9v.jpg

I was able to use the front TTR mount. I cant not use the 2nd one. I cant return it as the two sold as one item, and I am not about to try and have this poly machined down to fit my mount bracket. After much much MUCH deliberation... I decided to install the jbody mount. There was about 1/2 inch distance from the insert holes and I know there is some play in the mount bracket on the frame of the car so I decided to try it.

TEST FITTING ALONE took me almost 2 hours. Wanting to reassure myself this could work. Then pulled it back out, swapped inserts, then about 2 hours again getting this thing to fit. Ladies and gentlemen, the cast iron mount for our cars and the jbody is indeed different. BUT, it will fit. With enough time, energy, patience, and tools, it can be made to fit. And the car drives great with it.

rh3jn8.jpg

2wpkmjp.jpg

33n97p3.jpg

o8e7te.jpg

The car feels great. Dash rattles like no other, I feel the car KICK every time the starter makes a rotation, but no more slug. This puppy is not moving lol.

• 2 weeks later...

One of the last updates. Got a K&N filter. Cleaned up and painted the IDI cover. Also snagged some factory tweeters for my car from the junk yard. Had to repaint the trim piece but well worth it. Lastly, Trans Am exhaust tips.

Looking to hit the dyno this coming week then a professional photo shoot.

14kz4n9.jpg

j9wx04.jpg

22geaa.jpg

2zednwh.jpg

4t6cmf.jpg

• 2 months later...