Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Chevy Camaro Outsells Mustang For Second Year

Ringo64

• Founders
Once upon a time, Detroit’s three largest automakers fought what is known as the Horsepower Wars. Each attempted to outdo the other with bigger and badder engines stuffed into meaner and faster muscle cars. That was back in the 1960’s, and America has not seen cars of that caliber until the past couple of years. With the Big Three each offering 400+ horsepower muscle cars at around $30,000, consumers have plenty of choices when it comes to horsepower.

And for the second year in a row, the Chevrolet Camaro has emerged as the clear sales leader, beating out both the Ford Mustang and Dodge Challenger to become the undisputed muscle car king of 2011.

With a strong December finish of 6,745 units sold, the Camaro was able to rack up total 2011 sales of 88,249 units, approximately a 20% increase over last year’s total of 81,299. The Dodge Challenger also saw a slight increase in annual sales, selling 39,534, a 7% increase over sales of 36,791 in 2010.

The Mustang, however, continued to see its sales slide, moving 70,438 units for the year after selling 5,057 pony cars in December. That is a 4.5% decrease in annual sales, which could be attributed to the Mustang’s retro looks, older design, and the fact that some buyers may be waiting for the new 2013 model, or the all-new 2015 model, before plunking down their hard-earned cash. Either way, 2011 belongs to the Camaro, that much is sure. Can the Mustang make a comeback in 2012? Will the Challenger ever climb above 3rd place? Can the Camaro stay on top? All those answers, and more, in 2013.

:woot:

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders
' timestamp='1326006652' post='64444']

Still doesn't fix the horrendously ugly and overweight chassis.

Have you seen the new Mustang Boss 302 track paks? Makes the Camaro SS look like a joke.

The Boss 302 is like $60k+ right? Give me $20k and I'll make the SS deadeven with the Boss.

The Boss 302 is like $60k+ right? Give me $20k and I'll make the SS deadeven with the Boss.

NOPE

The Boss 302 package starts at $36K. The Laguna Seca Boss 302 at $40K.

Right around where people are slapping down for SS models.

/>http://www.caranddriver.com/news/ford-mustang-news-2012-ford-mustang-boss-302?redirect=no

• Founders
Figure around $36,000 for the base 302 and upwards of $40,000 for the Laguna Seca.

After said and done to equal the SS quality it's going to be $50k or $60k. Plus I've never seen "Figures" come out to actual prices.